Resource Simple Questions/Simple Answers: Random Battles Edition

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
Why do some Pokémon not exist in the random battles such as Shaymin, Manaphy, Deoxys, Gen 2 + 5 starters etc. ?
Gen 8 Random Battles are based on Gen 8 available Pokemon. We don't include NatDex exclusive Pokemon like the ones you mention.

Runo

How it feels to procrastinate on everything
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
There was a battle where someone had Groudon + Maractus with Chlorophyl.

Was the ability determined by the fact that there was a weather setter or was it just a coincidence?

Irpachuza

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
There was a battle where someone had Groudon + Maractus with Chlorophyl.

Was the ability determined by the fact that there was a weather setter or was it just a coincidence?
Indeed, if a Pokemon has a weather dependant ability that'd be preferable to the regular one, it will get it if the weather inducing weather partner is generated first.

Why do some Aggron sets use Rock Polish instead of Autotomize? While the difference is negligible, the latter *does* do more.

Did Tentacruel have recover at any point, specifically in gen 3 randbats? I remember it getting it and wondered why it didn't use it in later gens, but when checking I saw that it never learnt the move in any gen. Was there an error or something and it had it in gen 3 randbats but doesn't anymore?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Did Tentacruel have recover at any point, specifically in gen 3 randbats? I remember it getting it and wondered why it didn't use it in later gens, but when checking I saw that it never learnt the move in any gen. Was there an error or something and it had it in gen 3 randbats but doesn't anymore?
Tentacruel uses Giga Drain in Gen III randbats, so I think that must be what you're thinking of! Cool move on it TBH.

Love the addition of gen 9 - besides a few concerns about balance on certain mons (as you'd expect), my main initial concern so far has been the inability to check my team's tera types when looking at my team, the only way to actually know being to send the mon in battle. In constructed formats this is obviously not a big deal (duh), but in randomized formats with some pokemon having multiple possible types I feel like it's a bit of info that's missing. Are there any plans to implement that in the near future, or at any point in general for that matter?

Love the addition of gen 9 - besides a few concerns about balance on certain mons (as you'd expect), my main initial concern so far has been the inability to check my team's tera types when looking at my team, the only way to actually know being to send the mon in battle. In constructed formats this is obviously not a big deal (duh), but in randomized formats with some pokemon having multiple possible types I feel like it's a bit of info that's missing. Are there any plans to implement that in the near future, or at any point in general for that matter?
It’s planned, but for now you can use /showteam to see your Tera types.

Hello, not sure where to report bugs/errors, but I just came against a Cinderace that changed type multiple times with Protean without switching out (went to Dark for Sucker Punch, then Fire for Pyro Ball). Protean should only now allow one type change unless you switch the Pokémon, correct?

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Hello, not sure where to report bugs/errors, but I just came against a Cinderace that changed type multiple times with Protean without switching out (went to Dark for Sucker Punch, then Fire for Pyro Ball). Protean should only now allow one type change unless you switch the Pokémon, correct?
Did the Cinderace Terastallize?

Irpachuza

Community Leader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)