Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any IV calculators that are simple, i tryed Serebii's, but it wouldn't give the Specific Ivs like it used to....
On Serebii's calculator, if you type in the nature, it usually won't actually apply the modifier, even if it auto-completes the nature's name for you. You have to select the nature from the drop-down list. That might be the issue you're having.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there any IV calculators that are simple, i tryed Serebii's, but it wouldn't give the Specific Ivs like it used to....
Any IV calculator will give a range of IVs (like 30-31 for example) unless you're at level 100 as at those lower levels, different IVs can give the same stat. To refine the IV results to a single number I recommend using MetalKid's IV calculator because you can enter in several lines of stats which the calculator cross-references to deduce the exact IV. I wrote up how to do this in the Soft Resetting Guide thread which I'll quote here:

You can still use MetalKid's calculator and just use Vitamins / Super Training to determine the IVs without levelling. Enter the stats into the first line on the calculator with the level set to 30. Then give Lati@s / Legendary Pokemon 12 EVs in every stat, enter the new level 30 stats on the next row down also set to level 30 and include the 12 EVs you just gave the Lati@s / whatever. Repeat adding 12 EVs to every stat and entering the new level 30 data below the last one you did until you get a definitive answer for each IV value, then wipe the EVs with a Reset Bag and you have a completely untouched Pokemon (that holds a lot more trade value) that you know the exact IVs of. You may need to enter more than 5 lines of data so just add more by changing the value in the 'Number of Rows' box. As for applying EVs; Super Training is free but can be tedious (easy if you've got access to level 3 training already), Vitamins are expensive but easy / fast so if you're rolling in cash I would go Vitamins...

edit: added a screenshot of how I did it with my Latias because I felt like my description sucks. I stopped training every stat after 48 because everything was defined except SpD so I added 4 to it a couple of times to determine it

tl;dr: just enter the level 50 stats for Ho-oh on the first line, then add 4 EVs in each stat (super training is the easiest) and enter them on the next line making sure you include the EVs you added. Repeat this for several lines until the calculator is giving you exact IVs. Then you can just use a Reset Bag to while the EVs and you'll have a completely untrained (UT) legendary :)

Any IV calculator will give a range of IVs (like 30-31 for example) unless you're at level 100 as at those lower levels, different IVs can give the same stat. To refine the IV results to a single number I recommend using MetalKid's IV calculator because you can enter in several lines of stats which the calculator cross-references to deduce the exact IV. I wrote up how to do this in the Soft Resetting Guide thread which I'll quote here:

tl;dr: just enter the level 50 stats for Ho-oh on the first line, then add 4 EVs in each stat (super training is the easiest) and enter them on the next line making sure you include the EVs you added. Repeat this for several lines until the calculator is giving you exact IVs. Then you can just use a Reset Bag to while the EVs and you'll have a completely untrained (UT) legendary :)
Thanks cant say
EDIT: BTW how do you type the EVs on that, it wont let me type the EVs.

Can someone help me with SRing?
I'm trying to aim for a bold suicune with the corrosponding IVs - 31/x/31/31/31/x
What sort of help are you looking for? Buckert has a guide on how to SR if you haven't read it. Otherwise, it's pretty much an exercise in testing/praying/hoping your luck holds up, as there is random as to which IVs are set to 31 and how many more 31s the game wishes to grant you.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone help me with SRing?
I'm trying to aim for a bold suicune with the corrosponding IVs - 31/x/31/31/31/x
Like Tortoise said, no one can help you unless you tell us exactly what you need help with. Soft Resetting requires huge amounts of luck so it's not up to you or anyone else what you get, you just need to stick it out and hope for the best. Lucky for you there is the Soft Resetting Perfect Legendaries Guide which could offer some advice. Please note however that following the instructions in the guide does not guarantee that you will catch flawless legends, it just helps you save time by not trying to catch stuff with crap IVs / the wrong nature.

Are you using a Masterball or trying to catch it in a cool ball? If not Masterball then make sure you have the Capture O-Power (level 3 is preferred) and use it before interacting with the Mysterious Ring that spawns the Pokemon. If you're just using a Masterball then I would recommend just using a Final Gambit user (you'll know what that is if you read the guide I linked you to) and if it survives then throw the Masterball... Also, I hope it goes without saying but make sure you have a Bold Synchronizer at the front of your party!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
What's the best way to boost happiness quickly? I'm breeding a Clefable and I don't want it to take forever.

Soothe Bell + Befriending O-Power + Cycling for ages. When I'm breeding babies that need to evolve through happiness to breed and I hatch a good parent but need to evolve it first, I leave it in my party with the Soothe Bell and do another breeding project in the meantime. Once you've been doing that for a while you will have walked/cycled enough that the baby will love you and evolve on the next level up. Two birds with one stone, ya know?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What's the best way to boost happiness quickly? I'm breeding a Clefable and I don't want it to take forever.
Grow a bunch of the EV reducing berries, and use those. They raise happiness as well (by +10 iirc).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are there some "wild hold items" worth farming besides Life Orbs (Absol), Lucky Eggs (Chansey/Pelipper) and Heart Scales (Luvdisc)?
Light Balls could be worth the time (and they're extremely easy to find DexNaving Pikachu), also Staryu hold Stardust and Star Pieces. Solrock/Lunatone can hold Sun Stone/Moon Stone, respectively.

How do you shiny hunt using DexNav?
I believe the consensus was that merely using the DexNav has the same chances as encounters in the Friend Safari in X and Y.

Of course, I may be wrong. If it really piques your interest, I'd suggest checking out the ORAS research forum - wherever that may have hidden itself...

So, I've almost hatched 2,000 Yanma and no luck with the Shiny yet. I think the Ditto I've been using is a clone so my friend could keep the original, but nothing looks out of the ordinary:

My question is - there's no undercover system that renders cloned Pokemon useless for Shiny breeding, is there? Sounds far-fetched I know, but I hope it's just my bad luck. The Yanma I've been breeding with is now Lv. 85, lawl

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So, I've almost hatched 2,000 Yanma and no luck with the Shiny yet. I think the Ditto I've been using is a clone so my friend could keep the original, but nothing looks out of the ordinary:

My question is - there's no undercover system that renders cloned Pokemon useless for Shiny breeding, is there? Sounds far-fetched I know, but I hope it's just my bad luck. The Yanma I've been breeding with is now Lv. 85, lawl
Sorry man, just super super unlucky :( Keep going, it WILL happen eventually. The game doesn't know its a clone. Assuming its not originally hacked, theres no reason for you not to be able to get Shiny babies at some point. Its just up to the RNG to decide how lucky you are.

Sorry man, just super super unlucky :( Keep going, it WILL happen eventually. The game doesn't know its a clone. Assuming its not originally hacked, theres no reason for you not to be able to get Shiny babies at some point. Its just up to the RNG to decide how lucky you are.
Actually, iirc, I used this same Ditto for several successful hunts in X, (and I have the Shiny in AS also) so it has to be the RNG. Thanks for clarifying though!

If I begin a new game on AS, can i still use the eon ticket to access southern island or is it only valid in one save file. And, if it isn't valid in a new save file, can I get another one?

If I begin a new game on AS, can i still use the eon ticket to access southern island or is it only valid in one save file. And, if it isn't valid in a new save file, can I get another one?
The Eon Ticket works the same as any other Wonder Card event: it only applies to the current save file, and you can get another the same way you got the first one with the new save file. However, getting another Eon Ticket is a little tricky since it's passed around via StreetPass and there's no guarantee that someone who StreetPasses you that has it actually will pass it to you even if they want to.

Might be better to SR that Latios now before starting a new game if you haven't already.

Hey guys, I'm breeding for a 6 IVs Tyranitar and I have a question concerning breeding mecanisms : I know that the IVs that will be passed by the parents with destiny knot are chosen even before you put them in the day care, but what about the sixth one ? If I recall correctly, in previous generations the IVs were chosen when the egg hatches, contrary to gender and nature. Does it still work that way ?
If so, if I manage to identify 5 eggs that will receive the correct IVs from the parents, I can take them on me, save, hatch them, check their IVs, and reset until one of them has 6 perfect IVs, right ?

Hey guys, I'm breeding for a 6 IVs Tyranitar and I have a question concerning breeding mecanisms : I know that the IVs that will be passed by the parents with destiny knot are chosen even before you put them in the day care, but what about the sixth one ? If I recall correctly, in previous generations the IVs were chosen when the egg hatches, contrary to gender and nature. Does it still work that way ?
If so, if I manage to identify 5 eggs that will receive the correct IVs from the parents, I can take them on me, save, hatch them, check their IVs, and reset until one of them has 6 perfect IVs, right ?
Actually, all the IVs, gender, etc. of an Egg are set when you accept or reject the egg before it*. Which means, if the Daycare helper has an egg for you, when you talk to him and accept or reject the egg, the IVs of the next egg are set at that moment.

If you want to get 6IVs by SRing instead of mass-breeding, check out .com's Time Maching Breeding Method, which is what you are actually trying to use here.

*The only thing not set is shininess, unless you are using the Masuda Method and/or have the Shiny Charm.

No. The "random" IV is set at the same time the inheritance spread is decided.

EDIT:
Aaand... ninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)