Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokémon Omega Ruby version and Alpha Sapphire version have just been released worldwide, and as such the old ORAS pre-release thread will be locked within shortly.

We mods have noticied that said thread has beed practically flooded with simple questions concerning general ORAS stuff, and people providing simple answers (which is great), so it seems that a separate thread dedicated to SQSA is an obvious candidate for succeeding the pre-release thread.

So, yeah, post your simple questions here, and people will hopefully answer them.

But first, allow me to list some Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Are legendary Pokémon in Mirage Spots shiny locked?
A: No.
Q: But what about after that patch? Did that patch shiny lock them?
A: No.

Q: Will Groudon/Kyogre/Deoxys respawn if I knock it out during my first encounter?
A: Yes, just beat the Elite Four and they will appear again. Deoxys appears at Sky Pillar.

Q: My newly caught/hatched/traded Pokémon has an [nature here] nature and [IVs here] IVs? Should I keep it?
A: Practically anything goes for in-game. Keep whatever you get, if your goal is just to just get through the game. If you want to use the Pokémon in a competitive setting, go ask the question in the SQSA thread in the Wi-Fi forum. This is not the place for it.

Q: When soft-resetting for Legendaries, what natures/Hidden Powers should I aim for?

A: This post by Karxrida tells you everything you need to know. Don't forget to give it a Like!

Q: How do I find the Creation Trio orbs and the Arceus plates? I know they are underwater, but where?
A: Kurona knows.

Q: Where do I find the various items (Inc: Balls, Evolutionary Items, Misc', Recovery, Battle Items, Fossils, Hold Items, Mega Stones and Key Items)?
A: See Here (External link to serebii.net)

Q: Where do I find TMs and HMs?
A: See TM's+HM's (External link to Bulbapedia)

Thanks to Cloud_Motion for compiling external links.
More FAQs might be added in the future.

So, fellow Smogonites and residents/tourists of the Orange Islands! Let the question fest begin!

Last edited:
I'm seeing so many people SRing for legends, hoping to get shiny flawless with hidden powers.
What about previous-gen RNG abused mons?
Did 6th gen do something to prevent backwards compatibility?

If not, then why are people putting preference on 6th gen caught pokemon, even if you already caught them shiny and flawless in previous gens?

I'm seeing so many people SRing for legends, hoping to get shiny flawless with hidden powers.
What about previous-gen RNG abused mons?
Did 6th gen do something to prevent backwards compatibility?

If not, then why are people putting preference on 6th gen caught pokemon, even if you already caught them shiny and flawless in previous gens?
The main reason for this I would imagine are the changes to the online ranked play and tournament rules for ORAS:
Serebii said:
ΩR/αS League: Open only for players of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This league lets you only use Pokémon that were caught, hatched or distributed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Is Geodude worth the 1/20 encounter rate in Granite Cave?
If you want a Geodude, yes.

If you want to beat the game efficiently, check out the In-game Tiers thread. While the tiers are preliminary at the moment, they seem to indicate that Golem, or even Graveler, perform quite well, to a degree that both are put in the second-highest tier. That is, they waltz all over Wattson and Flannery, resist Norman's STAB attacks, hurt Winona's 'mons badly, and smash Team Magma with impunity. Catch rate is taken into account when tiering, so I'd say a Geodude is well worth the effort.

Is the capture rate for other legends higher? Rayquaza for sure has a higher catch rate (I have been SRing and catching it with a freakin' Nest Ball, about 1-3 throws on average)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Hi everybody, please read the OP before posting. No "Keep or toss" questions here please. There are other places to post such questions.

Whoops, only just noticed this thread existed, so I'll delete and repost from the main simple Q&A.

Can Berry Mutations still be done in ORAS like they were in XY? i.e. planting Oran and Pecha beside each other to create Qualot?

If you want a Geodude, yes.

If you want to beat the game efficiently, check out the In-game Tiers thread. While the tiers are preliminary at the moment, they seem to indicate that Golem, or even Graveler, perform quite well, to a degree that both are put in the second-highest tier. That is, they waltz all over Wattson and Flannery, resist Norman's STAB attacks, hurt Winona's 'mons badly, and smash Team Magma with impunity. Catch rate is taken into account when tiering, so I'd say a Geodude is well worth the effort.
As I want a Golem, and am playing Omega Ruby, I'll put in the effort.

I'm soft resetting for a decent Latios on my OR right now. Just out of curiosity but what would happen if my party and all my boxes were full, for whatever reason, at this point in the game?

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Do secret bases randomly obtained from the PSS/Streetpass count against your favorites total? I can only scan 4 bases from QR codes before it prompts me to delete them, even though it says I can have 15 favorites at a time...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do secret bases randomly obtained from the PSS/Streetpass count against your favorites total? I can only scan 4 bases from QR codes before it prompts me to delete them, even though it says I can have 15 favorites at a time...
Is it possible you are scanning a code for a location that already exists within your favorites? Maybe the fourth one you are scanning conflicts, and it isn't actually related to the number of bases.

I'm soft resetting for a decent Latios on my OR right now. Just out of curiosity but what would happen if my party and all my boxes were full, for whatever reason, at this point in the game?
Assuming it works in the same way as xy, more boxes are generated as you fill them. Once there's at least one mon in every box except the battle box, you'll get a few new ones

Want to pass the eon ticket from my OR to my AS but haven't started AS yet...I have 2 3ds systems, is there anything special I need to do or will it pass regardless of what state it's in (Ie if i catch the latias from the event, can I still pass the ticket; or if I haven't yet received it in the popokemon center can it be passed; or do I actually have to have the eon ticket in my bag to pass it)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
As a rule of thumb for Speed increasing natures for Mixed Attackers, Naive > Hasty so you take priority attacks better. I would also recommend checking out the Strategy Dex to figure out what you want to do with your Legendary before trying to SR for them, as some sets recommend different natures depending on what coverage you're using (for example, RP Primal Groudon is recommended to use a Naughty nature if running Overheat).

Has anybody been abe to get more than 1 leftovers? I have 5 lvl 100 pickup users and have been doing this for hours now. I know its only 1% of the out of all the times pickup activates (10% every battle), but this iz getting to be a bit much...

And i do want more than one lefties for singles...

During the Delta Episode, when you Encounter Rayquaza, you can KO it until you catch it continuously. Does anyone know if it's Stats Reset each time you KO it (and thus it's Shiny Rate), or do you have to soft reset for a different one?

If both your Party and your Boxes are full, the game wouldn't let you initiate the Event in the first place. A player on the OG ORAS General Discussion Thread mentioned that, but I can't find where.

Good luck SRing

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
  1. Does the game autosave at any point (besides doing so after beating Steven)? Especially during the Delta Episode?
  2. Does a Deoxys caught during the Delta Episode have a different met location than one caught after? What does it say?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
  1. Does the game autosave at any point (besides doing so after beating Steven)? Especially during the Delta Episode?
  2. Does a Deoxys caught during the Delta Episode have a different met location than one caught after? What does it say?
1. No
2. There don't appear to be any locations in the data like "Space," so I assume the capture location is the same. You can check out the breeding/training guide yourself for a list of locations.

During the Delta Episode, when you Encounter Rayquaza, you can KO it until you catch it continuously. Does anyone know if it's Stats Reset each time you KO it (and thus it's Shiny Rate), or do you have to soft reset for a different one?
Yes, the stats reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)