Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Mamoswine was OU last gen and still has plenty of viability in this gen. 130 Attack powering probably the best STAB combo in the tier (the only relevant resists being Rotom-W and Araquanid), plus some set flexibility. Mamo could conceivably stick around.

If there's any anger at Pokeaim's tier manipulation, it would be over Ambipom, a mon that was notorious for being tiered too high last gen and even after gaining Tail Slap this gen is mediocre at best.
I would generally agree, especially since OU is all inclusive anyway. I guess i would get a different response from the UU forum, which would be more interesting. But I want to stray away from Mamoswine and focus more on how people feel about this kind of influence from one person. For example, would OU players really care if something like Kommo-o was brought into OU because one person was able to influence others to use it repeatedly? Just food for thought.

I would generally agree, especially since OU is all inclusive anyway. I guess i would get a different response from the UU forum, which would be more interesting. But I want to stray away from Mamoswine and focus more on how people feel about this kind of influence from one person. For example, would OU players really care if something like Kommo-o was brought into OU because one person was able to influence others to use it repeatedly? Just food for thought.
OU Players wouldn't have a reason to care, but said person would be directly changing and even messing up the UU tier, which they'd have every right to be unhappy about.
Edit: Kommo-o is RU so it'd be taken away from 2 tiers, which is even worse
Edit 2: nvm he's uu now

Last edited:
Do I need Spa investment on Defnesive Lando if I want HP Fire?
Not really, ig you can run a nature that isn't -SpA (wouldn't recommend since you don't really wanna lower any other stat) / run a bit of investment to 2hko Mega Scizor with it, but its not really necessary tbh
0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 16 SpD Scizor-Mega: 160-192 (46.6 - 55.9%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
48- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 172-204 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So Mamoswine is OU now (as well as Torn-T, which I feel it earned). How do most of you feel about one person able to influence tiering like this? And what do you predict will happen to Mamoswine next drops/rises?
I have 0 problem with it. If the mon is bad it should allow other people on the ladder to more consistently win, and if the mon if good then it provided a spotlight. It's a win-win. I don't think it's any different than a popular RMT (like the birdspam one with azelf) bringing the use up, it's the same thing but people don't get salty about that.

Last edited:
So Mamoswine is OU now (as well as Torn-T, which I feel it earned). How do most of you feel about one person able to influence tiering like this? And what do you predict will happen to Mamoswine next drops/rises?
I see what you're saying but at the end of the day tiers are defined by usage. So it isn't all down to one person, because very many people are using it to success in the tier right now. This is as much due to the fact that Mamoswine counters Magearna, Landorus, Heatran and Toxapex (among many others), which are currently the best Pokémon in the tier, barring Kartana. Whether or not it is UU or OU doesn't matter here, because it doesn't indicate its effectiveness in the tier directly, only how many people use it.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Does anyone have any Mega Gallade teams they could pass me? Ik it’s not the most viable rn, but the most recent team I could find with it was horribly outdated in the current meta. Thanks!

Felixx

I'm back.
Does anyone have any Mega Gallade teams they could pass me? Ik it’s not the most viable rn, but the most recent team I could find with it was horribly outdated in the current meta. Thanks!
http://pokepast.es/b8ac6ef7fc1f0894

Just a standard build, easy to understand and play with, pretty good against fat builds with M-Gallade + Z-Magma Tran pressuring everything, Ash-Gren for spike stacking, etc, enjoy, and guys feel free to point out the team's weaknesses

So in case it's not here, what tier is Intimidate Incineroar going to be looked at in first? It's just a mon I've been intrigued by and want to see about testing and its progression/place.

So in case it's not here, what tier is Intimidate Incineroar going to be looked at in first? It's just a mon I've been intrigued by and want to see about testing and its progression/place.
Anywhere but PU, since it's the only official tier it's not available in right now.

What's the recommended 3rd slot for Cosmic Power + Stored Power Clef? I've tried Charge Beam and Calm Mind so far and idk if I like either, charge beam makes set up slower so youre more likely to get crit and cm leaves you walled by dark types.

What is the bulky ZardX set, and is it any good?
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 164 HP / 116 Def / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Battle Spot single set, spe EVs to outspeed jolly max speed mimikyu

or

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SDef / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
Old ORAS set

is this worth it to troll pokes that need there ability

Alakazam @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

is this worth it to troll pokes that need there ability

Alakazam @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
It could maybe work if alakazam wasn't one of those mons that really need their ability.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this isn't OU related, but how do you find those small Pokemon Sprites? The kinds you see when selecting Pokemon in the teambuilder?
I usually manually type in BB code for individual battle sprites (img tags with either the Smogon or PS! sprite URL between them), but when I'm looking for party sprites or when I want to obtain a large number of sprites (e.g. when trying to get sprites for an entire team) I will use the following site:

http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/

Paste the importable (or just type the first two lines of it (pokemon name+the ability line)) and set the sprite line to the sprites you want to obtain ("sprites" gives you party sprites, but you can also get xy animated, bw animated and bw static battle sprites), click convert, and then copy the BB code that appears below. You can convert multiple at once this way, and it makes obtaining the BB code really simple.
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 14.44.35.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)