Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Sorry if this has been asked before (my search-fu is weak): Why are Greninja and Ash-Greninja ranked separately? Wouldn't they be considered the same pokemon with different abilities? I am asking for any type of draft league, and if they should be considered 2 different pokemon in that situation. Thanks everyone.
They're treated as different Pokemon (except for dex no) by the game.

Greninja [Torrent, Torrent, Protean)
Ash Greninja [Battle Bond, Battle Bond, Battle Bond]

They're treated as different Pokemon (except for dex no) by the game.

Greninja [Torrent, Torrent, Protean)
Ash Greninja [Battle Bond, Battle Bond, Battle Bond]
Thank you for the quick reply. Does the game tell you which one it is, or do you need to wait for one of the abilities to be activated?

If this isn't the place for this please direct me to it as I've not been able to find an uncharted territory forum area as that would be my other guess based on the OP. I've been curious about a Zygarde set... It's the traditional Sub Coil set but with one move tweaked simply because I have no other way of inducing paralysis but have Toxic on another Mon and haven't had a need for ESpeed.

I was thinking:
Substitute
Coil
Thousand Arrows
Glare

I was actually using DDance in place of Glare at first but I thought this would be kinda similar to Bulky DDance Gyarados where it normally would run TWave, DDance, Waterfall, Ice Fang/EQ/Bounce last gen. Just curious on some thoughts on if it would be worth trying or not as really it's only known set with Glare is typically the parashuffler set.

If this isn't the place for this please direct me to it as I've not been able to find an uncharted territory forum area as that would be my other guess based on the OP. I've been curious about a Zygarde set... It's the traditional Sub Coil set but with one move tweaked simply because I have no other way of inducing paralysis but have Toxic on another Mon and haven't had a need for ESpeed.

I was thinking:
Substitute
Coil
Thousand Arrows
Glare

I was actually using DDance in place of Glare at first but I thought this would be kinda similar to Bulky DDance Gyarados where it normally would run TWave, DDance, Waterfall, Ice Fang/EQ/Bounce last gen. Just curious on some thoughts on if it would be worth trying or not as really it's only known set with Glare is typically the parashuffler set.
Be careful of HP Ice Tangrowth, as that resists thousand arrows and does not care too much about glare. This set could work, but I would still go with the regular Sub Coil set.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Here is a tidbit from Starmie's analysis:

29 HP IVs are used to drop Starmie's HP value to 259; this reduces Starmie's Life Orb recoil from 26 to 25 at the cost of 2 HP points.
Here is what I don't get:

259 / 25 = 10.36, meaning that 11 attacks will make Starmie faint, assuming it takes no other damage besides Life Orb recoil.

With 31 HP IVs, Starmie has 261 HP.

261 / 26 = 10.04, meaning that 11 attacks will make Starmie faint, assuming it takes no other damage besides Life Orb recoil.

Is there something I am missing?

Here is what I don't get:

259 / 25 = 10.36, meaning that 11 attacks will make Starmie faint, assuming it takes no other damage besides Life Orb recoil.

With 31 HP IVs, Starmie has 261 HP.

261 / 26 = 10.04, meaning that 11 attacks will make Starmie faint, assuming it takes no other damage besides Life Orb recoil.

Is there something I am missing?
with 261 HP, after taking two turns of Life orb recoil it's at 209 HP, same with 259 HP. Meaning that after attacking for two turns the 2 extra points of HP doesn't matter, and the 259 HP Starmie subsequently takes 1 point less of life orb damage than the other one. This leaves it with 9 HP left over after attacking 10 times, instead of 1. For practical purposes this is better cause the extra bulk given by the two extra HP Points is offset by the lessened recoil most of the time.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Has anyone used Bisharp in this meta so far? If so, what do you think of it and what partners would be good for it right now?

Has anyone used Bisharp in this meta so far? If so, what do you think of it and what partners would be good for it right now?
Bisharp is still decent, especially now that Lele is no longer the omnipresent queen of the tier, and it does what it always did: punish Defog, Knock Off and switch, and Sucker Punch its way to victory. However, it's much harder to find opportunities to actually attack or set up SD, since SM has so many offensive threats that just annihilate Bisharp. So pivots are probably the most important partners for it. Defensive Landorus-T in particular sets up hazards and lowers the opponent's Attack, potentially giving Bisharp a free switch with U-turn. Tapu Koko is also really good with Bisharp in my opinion, and Knock Off / Iron Head will deal a shit ton of damage to most of Tapu Koko's best checks, such as AV Tangrowth. Pheromosa is also a fantastic partner for similar reasons; a lot of balance cores just crumble to Bisharp, opening up opportunities for faster teammates to sweep.

Just pack a Lele check because fuck Lele

Why didn't Darkrai drop from Ubers with Greninja, Aegislash, Genesect and Hoopa-Unbound at the beginning of the meta? Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to suspect test it at same time with those 4?

Why didn't Darkrai drop from Ubers with Greninja, Aegislash, Genesect and Hoopa-Unbound at the beginning of the meta? Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to suspect test it at same time with those 4?
It's more of a, "we already have like 5 broken pokes in the tier, let's not add another one that may make the problem worse."

Once the meta settles, they may suspect it.

Because Darkrai was not just a one-trick pony with Dark Void. More Special Attack than Hydreigon, more Speed than Greninja, access to Nasty Plot, something to hit Fairies very hard, loves Z-Crystals... Darkrai is still far from being OU-level.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ash-Greninja needs to enter battle as base Greninja first, so I think it would also get banned in that scenario.

Ash-Greninja needs to enter battle as base Greninja first, so I think it would also get banned in that scenario.
I think there was a thread discussing it. The inability to employ it as Protean due to Battle Bond as well as the separation between the mons led to the decision to rank Greninja and BB/Ash Greninja as separate mons for tiering purposes.

Barring that explanation, I also think the Suspect would probably be Protean this time, as a blanket Greninja suspect has more relevant collateral damage (Ash-Greninja) than a Protean test (lolKecleon) for the metagame.

Anyone have the current Speed-pass team for laddering or for that matter any team that can blow through low ladder?
Not giving you a Baton Pass team because I have morals

but I made this for you

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes

I'm like 90% sure low ladder has no idea what to do against any Pokemon on this team other than Landorus-T

hp elec on pheromosa for braindead dd gyarados...and like pelipper i guess

Koko has grass knot because gastrodon and quag exist

defensive zard x is hilarious

landorus-t no explanation needed

mantine sucks but in low ladder it's basically immortal, and i needed another ground resist besides offensive lando

ferrothorn as a great defensive steel, + it completes the most questionable fwg core in history

happy laddering and don't lose elo too fast

When will mawilite and beedrilite release? I haven't been on for longer than a week and thought they would in February 16th, but I don't see them yet

Not giving you a Baton Pass team because I have morals

but I made this for you

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes

I'm like 90% sure low ladder has no idea what to do against any Pokemon on this team other than Landorus-T

hp elec on pheromosa for braindead dd gyarados...and like pelipper i guess

Koko has grass knot because gastrodon and quag exist

defensive zard x is hilarious

landorus-t no explanation needed

mantine sucks but in low ladder it's basically immortal, and i needed another ground resist besides offensive lando

ferrothorn as a great defensive steel, + it completes the most questionable fwg core in history

happy laddering and don't lose elo too fast
Thanks, looking forward to trying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)