Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

I don't know if Parental Bond still affects Seismic Toss / Super Fang but if it does, there is no way M-Kanga can be unbanned. 2KOing every mon in the game is just too strong.

Has it been confirmed that the confusion hit rate was nerfed from 50% to 33%?

In battle spot free battle, supposedly there is a "no legendaries" option. Does this exclude sub legendaries like Raikou, Articuno, Regice etc, or does it just exclude box ubers and event mons?

Lopunnicite is legal? And other mega stone like manetricite? Dunno why, only a few mega stones appear in game (megastones that are able to evolve regional alola) and there no way to get it in game. And until i know, unless for event mega stones, pokebank aren't allowed to pass items.

How would we discern usage for Silvally? Would we count all forms under one 'Silvally', or would we seperate each different form with different tiering. If we do the latter option, would different Silvally forms be different tiers?

How would we discern usage for Silvally? Would we count all forms under one 'Silvally', or would we seperate each different form with different tiering. If we do the latter option, would different Silvally forms be different tiers?
Same way we did Arceus forms.

is it possible to use past gen tutor moves on alolan persian, ninetales, sandslash and raticate specifically? from what i understand all past gen pikachus/exeggutes/cubones evolve into alolan raichu/exeggutor/marowak so you can carry over past gen tutor moves learned by them but idk about those with alolan pre-evos...

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Can one do part of analysis? I really want to analyse celesteela, but I'm afraid I don't have the time.
If a tier's QC team determines it's needed they can put single sets up for reservation but as it's the beginning of a new generation Celesteela will probably be getting a complete analysis first. You can't co-write analyses to my knowledge but writing a set is the closest thing.

I don't know if Parental Bond still affects Seismic Toss / Super Fang but if it does, there is no way M-Kanga can be unbanned. 2KOing every mon in the game is just too strong.
Kangaskhan wasn't banned because of Seismic Toss or Super Fang and may even be subject for a retest since Pbond was nerfed this gen.

Kangaskhan wasn't banned because of Seismic Toss or Super Fang and may even be subject for a retest since Pbond was nerfed this gen.
Well of course it wasn't banned for Seismic Toss or Super Fang last generation. The standard PuP set was just too good. It really doesn't matter why it was banned last generation anyway. With the old standard nerfed, people will likely start shifting to these two moves, and being able to take any non-Ghost opponent down to 25% health max and then guarantee 200 damage with Seismic Toss is just way too much.

Well of course it wasn't banned for Seismic Toss or Super Fang last generation. The standard PuP set was just too good. It really doesn't matter why it was banned last generation anyway. With the old standard nerfed, people will likely start shifting to these two moves, and being able to take any non-Ghost opponent down to 25% health max and then guarantee 200 damage with Seismic Toss is just way too much.
Is it me or isn't super fang not part of its movepool?

Is it me or isn't super fang not part of its movepool?
I thought I remembered it getting Super Fang through some kind of event or the Dream World something, but I'll look it up. Even if it doesn't, Seismic Toss by itself is still pretty crazy. It's still an easy way to knock off 200 HP with no prediction whatsoever.

Bottom line is that if Seismic Toss (or Super Fang, if that is legit) does turn out to be as powerful as it seems it'll be, then the Parental Bond nerf will be mostly irrelevant.

How do you max a Pokemon's stats with Hidden Power's on Showdown like you can now do in game? I can't see how to do this on Showdown.

Thank you.

I might be completely oblivious, but how exactly do you battle on showdown in gen7 sun moon ou? Is everyone just playing custom games with each other? ou is still gen 6. Under gen 7 all I see is anything goes, doubles, and challenge cup?

Considering that Aegislash is everywhere (at least from what I hear), what are some of the best "checks" to it right now? Pheromosa checks (Other than Aegislash) are appreciated as well.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Considering that Aegislash is everywhere (at least from what I hear), what are some of the best "checks" to it right now? Pheromosa checks (Other than Aegislash) are appreciated as well.
For Aegislash: Bisharp, Excadrill, Entei, Lando (either), Garchomp (need Spikes up to kill I think) can all check. There are definitely more but I'm blanking atm.

Toxapex is the best Pheromosa check there is. It resists literally every attack Pheromosa has access to and 3HKOs it with univested Scalds since Pheromosa is so frail. If Pheromosa runs U-Turn and/or Rapid Spin, Toxapex can punish it with Baneful Bunker :)

Toxapex is the best Pheromosa check there is. It resists literally every attack Pheromosa has access to and 3HKOs it with univested Scalds since Pheromosa is so frail. If Pheromosa runs U-Turn and/or Rapid Spin, Toxapex can punish it with Baneful Bunker :)
Problem I have with Toxapex is that Dugtrio traps and eliminates him. As a ghost-type Aegislash is immune to Arena Trap and avoids this pitfall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)