Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Does anyone know who's on the OU council this gen? Has it changed from last gen? A list of members would be nice.

just tryna see if blunders for real or if he just hates aegislash

Isn't using your z-power on the move Bulk up supposed to raise your attack first, THEN raise your attack and defense for the actual move of bulk up..?

Because doing this ingame on my incineroar doesnt leave me +2 atk +1 def. It basically only uses bulk up even after the z-animation.

Will Alolan forms be tiered seperately from regular formes? (i.e. Golem gets put in a tier, then Golem-A (or Alolan Golem) gets put in a different tier) (wasn't sure where to post this)

Last edited:
Ok not sure if this is the best place to ask this... how is the best way pre pokebank to get Uranguru Psychic Terrain? Right now the only way to get it is by sketching it from Tapu lele, and you can only have Psychic Terrain if you use a heart scale. but where can you go to have Smeargle learn it? Are there double battles you can? Can you use Psychic terrain while its already up so you can have a wild Smeargle learn it?

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Will Alolan forms be tiered seperately from regular formes? (i.e. Golem gets put in a tier, then Golem-A (or Alolan Golem) gets put in a different tier) (wasn't sure where to post this)
Alolan forms will definitely be tiered separately since they're functionally different from their Kanto counterparts.
Quick question -- does every new Gen 7 mon (excluding UBs) have a unique move or ability?
I've checked and double checked the list of new mons in Sun and Moon and I'm 99% sure every evolutionary line has a signature move and/or ability.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Why is shadow tag still banned?
At the moment dugtrio is a better trapper than gothitelle and swagger, which is also really uncompetitive, is unbanned too.

Why is shadow tag still banned?
At the moment dugtrio is a better trapper than gothitelle and swagger, which is also really uncompetitive, is unbanned too.
Unsure about Shadow Tag, but swagger was unbanned because:
1. The chance of a pokemon hurting itself in confusion was nerfed (to 33%)
2. The most annoying swagger pokemon were prankster pokemon, who were also nerfed (prankster no loner affects dark types, and there were a couple of abilities that stop priority moves)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unsure about Shadow Tag, but swagger was unbanned because:
1. The chance of a pokemon hurting itself in confusion was nerfed (to 33%)
2. The most annoying swagger pokemon were prankster pokemon, who were also nerfed (prankster no loner affects dark types, and there were a couple of abilities that stop priority moves)
Source on the Confusion nerf please. I've been following the research thread since day one and there has been no mention of this.

The fact I've asked for a source like 5 times in different places and have yet to receive one also seems to reinforce the idea that the nerf didn't happen.

Do Z moves get priority if you use a move with priority?. Shadow Sneak for example.
Depends on which move you're talking about.
Status Z-moves are in the same priority bracket as their base moves. If a Prankster user uses a Z-Status move, it will have +1 priority.
However, attacking Z-moves doesn't have this property.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)