Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

What is the interaction between Spirit Shackle and Baton Pass? Does it work like Mean Look/Spider Web passing (the trap continues with the bp)?

Can we create a suspect discussion thread if possible? I'd be nice to have a place where the community could discuss what they believe should or shouldn't be suspected. Purely discussion ofc.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Can we create a suspect discussion thread if possible? I'd be nice to have a place where the community could discuss what they believe should or shouldn't be suspected. Purely discussion ofc.
ask one of the mods of the uncharted territory forum

What is the interaction between Spirit Shackle and Baton Pass? Does it work like Mean Look/Spider Web passing (the trap continues with the bp)?
trap passing hasnt worked since gen V or IV I cant remember, but it doesnt work anymore

What natures should I go for, for Sun legendaries?

I'm guessing Jolly for Solgaleo to outspeed 95s

Last edited:
Is the ban of Zygarde Complete Form just in OU and not in Pokebank OU? I've seen someone using it there, while Pokebank OU gives you a few more options I don't think having Zygarde in there is any less broken than in regular OU, so I was wondering if this was an oversight?

Is the ban of Zygarde Complete Form just in OU and not in Pokebank OU? I've seen someone using it there, while Pokebank OU gives you a few more options I don't think having Zygarde in there is any less broken than in regular OU, so I was wondering if this was an oversight?
The tier leaders are only focusing on post-bank due to that being the meta that we're going to be using once pokebank's out.

Last edited:
So we're basically forced to play postbank if we don't want to play in a totally broken meta? Why have pre bank at all then?

So we're basically forced to play postbank if we don't want to play in a totally broken meta? Why have pre bank at all then?
I think it's more likely that bans are based on the postbank meta, but that they carry over to the prebank meta. So for instance Power Construct would be banned in both, based on its brokenness in the postbank meta. Can someone confirm this?

According to Serebii, Shore Up restores 100% health in Sandstorm instead of 66% like the other weather-based healing moves. Is that actually the case, or is that a mistake? Because if it's true, that makes Palossand quite a bit more interesting.

The tier leaders are only focusing on post-bank due to that being the meta that we're going to be using once pokebank's out.
Postbank was the one I was referring too, maybe they just took a little time to enforce the ban. I haven't checked yet tonight so maybe it's now working as anticipated.

Can anyone remember where to post bugs for Showdown? Just had Weakness Policy activate for Mimikkyu on the Disguise turn, see this replay.

EDIT:
Anyone know why I can't use Abomasite in Pokebank OU?
I didn't think you can transfer items into the Bank, can you? If so, that's why, because the item isn't in the game in Sun and Moon.

Last edited:
So, with Lopunny unavaliable as of rigth now, making the 128/128/252 set kind of a waste, what would be the best set for suicide lead Azelf?

Can we use old gens moves (Like GunkShot Greninja?).

PD: No Mega Luc T_T
Yes, but only in Pokebank OU

Do Z-moves bypass King's Shield like Protect so 25% of the original power and if there physical z-moves do they get the attack drop?
That's actually a very good question for the Battle Mechanics Researh Tread

Is there an updated speed tier list somewhere?
Sun & Moon Speed tiers
Does Zygarde stay at Complete after Power Construct activates, even if it goes above 50% health?
Yes

Any offensive checks to Aegislash and Pheromosa? Not necessarily in one 'mon, of course.

I prefer an offensive style of play, so I'd rather not use defensive checks.

This is probably going to end up being a dumb question, but what's this I've been hearing about Mega Sableye being nerfed in some way?

This is probably going to end up being a dumb question, but what's this I've been hearing about Mega Sableye being nerfed in some way?
Mega-evolved Pokémon now inherit their new speed stat and ability when calculating turn order on the turn they mega evolve. In Sableye's case, it means it can't take advantage of prankster the turn it mega evolves. On the other hand, Mega Banette can use prankster the turn it mega evolves. Mega Beedrill no longer needs protect, because it uses its new speed the turn it mega evolves.

And so on. This applies to every mega Pokémon.

Mega-evolved Pokémon now inherit their new speed stat and ability when calculating turn order on the turn they mega evolve. In Sableye's case, it means it can't take advantage of prankster the turn it mega evolves. On the other hand, Mega Banette can use prankster the turn it mega evolves. Mega Beedrill no longer needs protect, because it uses its new speed the turn it mega evolves.

And so on. This applies to every mega Pokémon.
Ah. I figured that would be it. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)