Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Zukrad why doesn't showdown let me use max iv hp fire then? Is it not implemented yet?

@all what is the best starter so far? Decidueye?
For doubles, I would say Incineroar is the best by far, once its HA (Intimidate) gets released

For singles, is between Decideye and Primarina imo
Primarina may end up being outclassed by Tapu Fini defensively, while Decidueye works better as a pivot, or as a better SD passer than Celebi (thanks to its Signature move, Spirit Shackle)

This is just theorymon of course, the meta has less than a week and everything could change completely in the future

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just chained a shiny Calm natured Kommo-o with Bulletproof.
Are there any viable spDef sets?

"Since Pokémon now use their new ability upon mega evolving to determine turn order, does this mean that mega zam can trace swift swim the turn it mega evolves to outspeed a Kingdra in rain? Or does that happen after determining turn order?"

"Since Pokémon now use their new ability upon mega evolving to determine turn order, does this mean that mega zam can trace swift swim the turn it mega evolves to outspeed a Kingdra in rain? Or does that happen after determining turn order?"
Yes, according to someone in the Battle Mechanics Research thread.

I'm not sure, but I would say not

Sure, Pokémon like Zam have 150 from the turn they megaevolve, and Pokémon like Swampert have Swift Swim from the turn they mega

But Trace works different, since you trace the ability during the turn, not before determining the order like megas. So Tracing Swift Swim after mega evolving would be equivalent to using Agility during the turn.

So no, Zam tracing SS from Kingdra in the turn it mega evolves shouldn't outspeed it under rain

Are there any special KOs O has that Mist Ball/Luster Purge don't have? Because, most of the time, these moves side effects seem really useful.

Apologies in advance if it's been asked and answered already, but is there a reason Gen 1 TM moves are illegal still in Gen 7 Pokebank OU? Was hoping to run Reflect on Raichu which it can learn via TM in Gen 1.

Apologies in advance if it's been asked and answered already, but is there a reason Gen 1 TM moves are illegal still in Gen 7 Pokebank OU? Was hoping to run Reflect on Raichu which it can learn via TM in Gen 1.
Keep in mind that this is not an official statement, but I assume is because we don't know who is going to work the Gen 1 > Gen 7 Pokébank. What if Gen 1 Pokémon are nature locked? Or IV locked? Or only can have HA? Or only can have Normal Abilities and not HA? What if Gen 1 Pokémon get their moves replaced while sending them, to avoid stuff like Fissure Machamp or something? There is a lot of stuff to consider

We don't even know if it is going to release at the same time as Pokebank or not. If it releases a few months later than Gen 7 Pokébank means that, there will be a time were Pokébank is released, but Gen 1 mons are unreleased yet

So yeah, that's pretty much the reason

I know it's probably too early to ask, but does a tier below PU look like a thing that will likely happen this gen, considering the new mons? Oricorio needs somewhere to shine ;_;
Is Oricorio really that bad?

When will the tiers solidify and we can see who got dropped under OU? I am really excited to see what teirs the alolan forms and new pokemon are.

Mod Edit: Please don't triple post, use the "edit" button, thanks
I posted them at seperate times. I didn't know they went together in one comment, sorry. new to smogon forums

Last edited:
1) If a Ditto switches in against a Blade Form Aegislash, can it change form if it uses King's Shield?
2) If a Ditto switches in against a Shield From Aegislash, does it change to Blade Form when attacking?
3) If a Ditto switches in against a Battle Bond Greninja and kills something, does it change form?
4) If a Ditto switches in against an Ash-Greninja, does it copy Ash-Greninja or regular Greninja?
5) If a Ditto switches in against a Pixie Plate Arceus while itself is holding a Splash Plate, does it change into Water Arceus or Fairy Arceus or Normal Arceus? In this case, what will be the type of Judgement?
6) If an opponent uses a Z-Move (say, Hydro Vortex) and I use Mirror Move, do I copy the Z-Move or the base move?

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is there any knowledge of then the RMT threads will be updated for SuMo?

Can we have a replay thread? Watching replays is really useful because you can learn though watching other people play. It would be a great way for users to learn how the new Pokemon work and to get more used to the new metagame. I would love to see how players who are better than me use the Pokemon that I'm trying to use.

Hi all.
If Golispod, holding a life orb, uses First Impression and life orb recoil brings it health down to below 50%, does emergency exit activate before the opposing pokemon's turn? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)