Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Yes adamant is much more useful considering the amount of rolls that you can avoid by playing this nature. Basically, you have to keep momentum and end game sweep with a your dragon dancer dragonite, your speed will be excellent right after a dragon dance even if you're running the adamant version.

Have fun playing this Pokémon!
Thanks a lot for the help. I've just finished breeding the dratini and will be using it by tomorrow. I really aplreciate you helping me out here mate!

(Hi, I'm new to the smogon forums. If this isn't the correct forum refrain from triggering and just point me in the right direction)

So I created a new team a few days ago and with a few tweaks along the way, now I'm sitting at around 1400 in OU ranking and I know I need to make some changes. Tapu Lele is one pokemon that I'm not particularly sure about. I'd doesn't usually get much time in play and I feel it does very little due to it's low speed and lack of ability to hit the steel types opponents check it with. I honestly think it should be replaced with a new pokemon but don't know what should go on its place.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

So this is thing is just a fast late game sweeper scald and dark pulse do tons of damage to anything that isn't investing in some special defence.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure

This 'Chomp set is quite interesting if you can play it right and has one me quite a few games as it really does deal with mega-Metagross. Endure makes for optimum skin and helmet damage.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
Really nice spdef wall and utility mon. Obviously doesn't do much in offence but spore and clear smog help me too often.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Did someone say 81.3% to OKHO Greninja with mach punch?!?

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

The synergy this thing creates with Amoonguss is incredible. Spore > switch > DDance works a treat, combined with the even more perfect moveset. I rarely come up against a team that doesn't get broken when this is set up.

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the set I'm not sure on, I tried using it with a scarf and that doesn't seem to help as they will just switch into an appropriate (usually steel) type and force my switch. I would love to keep it in the team so any set change recommendations would be appreciated (That goes for my entire team)

So any suggestions on a new possible switch for Tapu Lele let me know, other criticism about the team is also welcome

mod edit: this isn't the right forum, but since it can't go into Rate My Team either in its current state (only finalised teams are allowed, longer descriptions needed) i'll merge it into this thread, and someone should be able to help you here

Last edited by a moderator:
(Hi, I'm new to the smogon forums. If this isn't the correct forum refrain from triggering and just point me in the right direction)

So I created a new team a few days ago and with a few tweaks along the way, now I'm sitting at around 1400 in OU ranking and I know I need to make some changes. Tapu Lele is one pokemon that I'm not particularly sure about. I'd doesn't usually get much time in play and I feel it does very little due to it's low speed and lack of ability to hit the steel types opponents check it with. I honestly think it should be replaced with a new pokemon but don't know what should go on its place.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

So this is thing is just a fast late game sweeper scald and dark pulse do tons of damage to anything that isn't investing in some special defence.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure

This 'Chomp set is quite interesting if you can play it right and has one me quite a few games as it really does deal with mega-Metagross. Endure makes for optimum skin and helmet damage.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Did someone say 81.3% to OKHO Greninja with mach punch?!?

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the set I'm not sure on, I tried using it with a scarf and that doesn't seem to help as they will just switch into an appropriate (usually steel) type and force my switch. I would love to keep it in the team so any set change recommendations would be appreciated (That goes for my entire team)
So any suggestions on a new possible switch for Tapu Lele let me know, other criticism about the team is also welcome

First off, Ash-Greninja has no business running scald-- too weak. Run Hydro Pump instead. Also, Water Shuriken is prefarable over U-turn because your Greninja does not have physical attack investment and Water Shuriken's priority is useful for finishing off weaker but faster threats. I also wouldn't use twisted spoon on Tapu Lele. A better idea on CM Tapu Lele is Life Orb because it boosts the power of all of Lele's moves, not just psyshock. Interesting Chomp set. However, Mega Metagross can survive a no investment in attack Earthquake from Garchomp.
What does Infernape do besides priority? Because priority took a big hit due to psychic terrain from Tapu Lele and I'd replace him with Choice Specs or All-Out Attacker Pheromosa (faster, not priority reliant to beat Greninja).

Last edited:
The Battle Competition ended not long ago. For reference, the last time there was a Battle Competition prize it was given out four days after the Battle Competition ended.

I don't know where to post this, but can we allow mega stones that are unreleased but distributed over online competitions onto Showdown?
Came here to ask this too. Sort of like the PokeBank meta. Because we know we're getting the stones soon we might as well release them now so we e can actually play the meta as it was meant to be. Any possibility?

Got a confirmation of Beedrillite/Mawilite release date.

" It is also confirmed that the gift for the Beedrillite and Mawilite for entry in the 2017 International Challenge February will begin on March 7th 2017. A shared serial code to give both of these stones will also be available from April."
~Serebii

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)