Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Which pokemon has the best physical bulk in the game (considering just hp and defense)
Ou viable, it'd be Slowbro-Mega.
Of everything, Zygod 100% I believe.
This all assumes max max.
If I remember correctly, banded Zygarde, Kartana and -probably- Serperior have a good match up against stall and can't be beaten that easily with Dugtrio. Tapu Koko, Togekiss (rarely seen in this meta) Taunt Thundurus, Gliscor (rarely seen in this meta too) and Tornadus-T can escape from Dugtrio, so I don't know exactly how to deal with them
Serperior cannot break Unaware Clef without Z hyper, so no, it loses. Zapdos can beat Tornadus, and Togekiss is too unreliable to break, air slash has it's resists and Chansey laughs.

Ou viable, it'd be Slowbro-Mega.
Of everything, Zygod 100% I believe.
This all assumes max max.

Serperior cannot break Unaware Clef without Z hyper, so no, it loses. Zapdos can beat Tornadus, and Togekiss is too unreliable to break, air slash has it's resists and Chansey laughs.
Togekiss's sole niche in OU is as a stallbreaker with NP/Roost/Heal Bell/Air Slash, nothing can really stop it from boosting up its SpA and it can cheese its way through Chansey with Serene Grace-boosted Air Slash flinches.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Togekiss's sole niche in OU is as a stallbreaker with NP/Roost/Heal Bell/Air Slash, nothing can really stop it from boosting up its SpA and it can cheese its way through Chansey with Serene Grace-boosted Air Slash flinches.
The best and most used Stall team atm has a Zapdos in it, which completely invalidates Togekiss so I'd say it's a pretty situational stallbreaker

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
I was reading the mega mawile analysis and I found that there are not real counters.
What is changed from ORAS that allowed It to stay in OU?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was reading the mega mawile analysis and I found that there are not real counters.
What is changed from ORAS that allowed It to stay in OU?
While it may have no reliable switch-ins, there are plenty of means to check it. There are plenty of Sucker Punch resists in the tier that can outspeed Mawile and threaten it, such as Tapu Koko, Keldeo, Magearna, and Greninja, as well as Tapu Lele which is immune to Sucker Punch and can threaten it with HP Fire, while also preventing a late game sweep. Physically defensive Lando-T can somewhat reliably switch into Mega Mawile, and because Mega Mawile is so strapped to run coverage for the likes of Skarm, Steela, Mega Sciz, Pex, and Ferrothorn, it's not really able to run sets like Sub Punch anymore, and SD sets are usually going to struggle vs certain builds depending on whether it runs Knock Off or T Punch. Mega Venu is also pretty good atm, and can wall both the AoA and SD set, considering that Iron Head is nearly non existent on any of its sets. There's just a lot more reliable counterplay to Mega Mawile this gen.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was reading Skarmory analysis, when that appeared

"A moveset of Stealth Rock / Spikes / Taunt / Brave Bird can be used alongside Sturdy and either Flyinium Z or Salac Berry to allow Skarmory to function as a suicide lead on hyper offense"

Which is the EV spread for this set in particular? is it the same physically defensive set's EV spread or it requires another one?
I assume it is Jolly max Speed and max Attack if running SSSS otherwise slap the rest into HP. I don't know for sure but that should be it.
Max Atk for both sets

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
I was reading Skarmory analysis, when that appeared

"A moveset of Stealth Rock / Spikes / Taunt / Brave Bird can be used alongside Sturdy and either Flyinium Z or Salac Berry to allow Skarmory to function as a suicide lead on hyper offense"

Which is the EV spread for this set in particular? is it the same physically defensive set's EV spread or it requires another one?
I assume it is Jolly max Speed and max Attack if running SSSS otherwise slap the rest into HP. I don't know for sure but that should be it.
Max Atk for both sets
What Martin said, max speed ofc, but for the suicide lead set, 0 defense, hp and sp def evs as well I remember. The goal is to set up the hazards and kill itself before the opponent can Defog or spin with Brave Bird recoil. You could also run mental herb with sturdy similarly to shuckle - I use this tech a lot myself.

Thank you for your help :) zapdos can take care of tornadus but i really struggle against him with SPL classic stall. I want a way to stop Tornadus. Thanks :)

What moves/EV spread/ideal teammates should Fairium Z Shift Gear Magearna run? I adore the Fightinium Z set, but I want to try something new.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
What is the "birdspam" team in OU that people mentioned?
There's the birdspam built by xtra in oras and adapted by Sabella I think, with lead Azelf/TG Manaphy/SD Pinsir/SSS Dragonite/SD Mimikyu/Scarf Drill and Empo's version with Lead Drill>Lead Azelf and Double Dance Magearna>Scarf Drill, you can find the former in njnp's olt thread and the latter in the olt discussion thread

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is Arena Trap being suspected over a Dugtrio retest? Haven't played in a while, but I seriously doubt Diglett and Trapinch are viable enough to justify trying for an ability ban.

Why is Arena Trap being suspected over a Dugtrio retest? Haven't played in a while, but I seriously doubt Diglett and Trapinch are viable enough to justify trying for an ability ban.
You should read the suspect test of Shadow Tag that happened in ORAS period. This thread explains why trapping abilities are suspect tested other mons.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I have been playing and lurking around in OU for a while, and I have realized Landorus-T is even worse pain in the butt to deal with after increase in usage of Smack Down / Gravity, and introduction of Flyinium Z which blows up Tangrowth. Is there any way one can wall Landorus-T reliably? If not, is the offensive pressure the only way to stop it from going rampant?

I have been playing and lurking around in OU for a while, and I have realized Landorus-T is even worse pain in the butt to deal with after increase in usage of Smack Down / Gravity, and introduction of Flyinium Z which blows up Tangrowth. Is there any way one can wall Landorus-T reliably? If not, is the offensive pressure the only way to stop it from going rampant?
Defensive Lando-T and Hippowdon wall offensive variants pretty well, from my experience. If Mega Latias runs Ice Beam, it too can easily deal with Lando. Those are ones that immediately come to mind. Also, if you predict the Earthquake, stuff like Latios and Rotom-W can come in and wipe it out.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Defensively, Lando-T is practically impossible to wall, and most teams have to resort to switching around Smack Down. If it's Gravity, then they'll have to find something that can switch into EQ and threaten it back without dying. Some Pokemon can switch into a Z Fly at +0 but others will drop to it at +2, so it's never reliable. Offensively, Lando-T is pretty easy to pressure because of its average Speed stat, and thankfully many of the metagames top picks are splashable and find it easy to threaten it out, making it manageable that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)