Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Can anyone give the ideas to replace Dugtrio in Stall teams? Its possible to Weaville and Tyranitar back... Please send a moveset and ev spread or a completely SPL team alterntive. I really apreciate it :)

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Can anyone give the ideas to replace Dugtrio in Stall teams? Its possible to Weaville and Tyranitar back... Please send a moveset and ev spread or a completely SPL team alterntive. I really apreciate it :)
As far as I know, Dugtrio's role on stall teams is keeping threats such as Heatran, Tyranitar, Toxapex, Chansey, and others from roaming around freely who would otherwise greatly trouble stall team itself (Heatran 2HKOs Mega Sableye with Magma Storm with residual damage, Tyranitar breaks havoc with Choice Band, and Toxapex basically sits there and spams Scald to deplete Mega Sableye's Recover PP and negatively affect its general longevity). Also according to my experience, Dugtrio also trapped and revenge killed Mega Charizard X which is one of the most infamous threat to stall teams that lack Quagsire, and this is something Mega Tyranitar and Weavile is not capable of doing.

I think nothing else in OU can handle aforementioned threats at the same time as Dugtrio does, and probably SPL team will face its demise if Dugtrio ends up getting banned in suspect. If I am wrong, hopefully a mod or someone with more knowledge will post a better response but this is all I know.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
this might be more of an om question but is there a post about a no mega and no z crystal meta? I remember last gen there was one for no mega so I was just curious.

Arena Trap aside, has SPL stall been doing well in OU lately? Got back into OU with a rain team during the suspect so I haven't seen a stall team in a while
Yes, stall is currently the strongest archetype and the higher up the ladder you go the more common stall will be. Rain teams work well up until about 1500+. When Arena Trap is banned this is likely to change though.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
this might be more of an om question but is there a post about a no mega and no z crystal meta? I remember last gen there was one for no mega so I was just curious.
There was a tournament with no Z-Crystals allowed and at the time only a few megas were out but IDK if that's gonna happen again. I haven't heard as many complaints regarding Z-Moves as I did with Mega Evos back in the day. I think people are beginning to accept the idea that GF is adding broken elements to the game and that we'll just have to get used to them.

What's the EV spread for mixed defensive Celesteela, and what do those EV's do?
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela: 172-204 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 145-171 (36.4 - 42.9%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The rest is dumped to Def to help it tanking hits from mons like M-Pinsir, Chomp, Lando-T, Zyg, etc :)

Is Staraptor the least viable or should I be looking at other mons like the Z-Fly abusers or Mega Pinsir? Is there a hopeful minimal niche for the BirBL?

What does it mean in the smogon dex if the mon is described as a pivot?
Also what does it mean to have momentum in a match?
This can probably help with both questions. You can find what "having momentum" means in the "Pivot" definition.
Having momentum usually means that you are the one with the upper hand in a specific situation because you are forcing the opponent to switch out, otherwise they may lose an important member of their team. Therefore, you can either predict their switch and U-Turn / Volt-Switch out into an answer of your own(or double-switch, but it's riskier), thus keeping momentum, or go for the safe play and avoid over-predicting. Such situations are most of the time a win-win scenario for whoever "has momentum".
I hope that was helpful enough. If anyone finds something wrong with my explanation, feel free to correct me.

EDIT:It doesn't really say what "having momentum" means. Whoops...

Last edited:
where is the thread with stats from OU/suspect test. It usually looks like a table with a bunch of pokemon, percentages, then there's a chart indicating items used with % and moveset with %

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Is Staraptor the least viable or should I be looking at other mons like the Z-Fly abusers or Mega Pinsir? Is there a hopeful minimal niche for the BirBL?
I have never seen Raptor in this meta, and that's because it's not good. As a breaker, Pinsir-Mega is much better. It has powerful STAB priority, decent bulk, SD and better speed. On teams that already have a mega, Gyarados can also break past many walls and is bulkier, has a better typing and has DD.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Staraptor is an extremely niche pick which is generally pretty dependent on stuff like Rotom-W being popular to be worth using, and even then it is very hard to justify most of the time.

Why is Mega Latios not being labeled as "OU by technicality" on showdown? Since it doesnt have the required usage percentage to be fully considered OU, like Mega garchomp.

Why is Mega Latios not being labeled as "OU by technicality" on showdown? Since it doesnt have the required usage percentage to be fully considered OU, like Mega garchomp.
Long story short, Mega Evolutions cannot be on a lower tier than the Base Pokemon, so it's OU because base Latios is OU.

The opposite can happen, though.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Long story short, Mega Evolutions cannot be on a lower tier than the Base Pokemon, so it's OU because base Latios is OU.

The opposite can happen, though.
In the situation you're describing, Latios-Mega would be labeled as "OU by technicality". TBH I'm not certain why it hasn't been labeled as such.

Wouldn't Mega Latios just be BL in that case? It's not the usual scenario, but it seems to fit the bill more than it being OU.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Wouldn't Mega Latios just be BL in that case? It's not the usual scenario, but it seems to fit the bill more than it being OU.
No because in the case you would play BL as a tier (if i'm not wrong you can do this in a server) you shouldn't do that

Last edited:
No because in the case you would play BL as a tier (if i'm not wrong you can do this in a server) you couldn't do
But BL is a banlist -- that's literally what BL stands for. Wasn't the idea for making BL a tier shot down multiple times since it's just UU but with all the banned 'mon, making an incredibly unbalanced meta right out of the gate?

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
But BL is a banlist -- that's literally what BL stands for. Wasn't the idea for making BL a tier shot down multiple times since it's just UU but with all the banned 'mon, making an incredibly unbalanced meta right out of the gate?
Yeah, i only supposed a gamemode that is more fun than serious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)