Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Fatter wishes, offensive lures, leftovers? I know the physical bulk difference is staggering but is there nothing? It just makes eviolite seem kind of dumb as a concept.
Chansey rarely runs Wish, and the 5 HP upgrade from Chansey to Blissey really doesn't matter since Chanseys HP stat is massive anyway so the Wish is still gonna be a full heal. The offensive lure Blissey sets just tend to be shitty memes - the closest one to the realm of viability was Icium Z in the Naganadel meta but we only used it because desperate measures. Chansey makes up for no Leftovers with it's much better bulk. Eviolite isn't that good in a lot of cases, it's just amazing on Chansey since it's stats are so comparable defensively to it's evolution.

Fatter wishes, offensive lures, leftovers? I know the physical bulk difference is staggering but is there nothing? It just makes eviolite seem kind of dumb as a concept.
Blissey is able to hold a shed shell, so it can switch out of magma storm + taunt Heatran (this is what it does in Ubers more effectively, as there is more trapping there). Other than that, it's pretty much outclassed in every way by Chansey.

I don't know if this is the correct tread, but i don't find anywere better to ask.

I was reading some smogon dex entries and found something strange on Zygarde 50% Double Dance set. It says "28 Special Defense EVs allow Zygarde to survive Choice Scarf Tapu Lele's Moonblast and two Moonblasts from Tapu Fini, both after Stealth Rock." but then 0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 160 HP / 28 SpD Zygarde: 200-236 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Can someone explain to me that error ?_?

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/zygarde/

I don't know if this is the correct tread, but i don't find anywere better to ask.

I was reading some smogon dex entries and found something strange on Zygarde 50% Double Dance set. It says "28 Special Defense EVs allow Zygarde to survive Choice Scarf Tapu Lele's Moonblast and two Moonblasts from Tapu Fini, both after Stealth Rock." but then 0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 160 HP / 28 SpD Zygarde: 200-236 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Zygarde's analysis is being revamped as we speak so I wouldn't be bothered about it.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/zygarde-revamp-qc-2-3-written.3637088/

I would assume they are referring to the Sitrus Berry option, as that activates at 50%. For Iapapa, however, it would not work.

HCJB

Banned deucer.
Looking to run an Adamant 252 Atk Band Bulu for a new team. I would prefer to run some bulk given that 75 base speed isn't too rocking in the first place. What lower speed investment would be best, or do you have a breakdown of current OU speed benchmarks to hit? Any reason to run 252 speed with Adamant in particular?

Been out of the loop for a little while, would really appreciate the breakdown (especially as I'm thinking of using other slower team members too).

HCJB

Banned deucer.
Thanks for that but that's readily apparent from scrolling down on the sub-forum, and while I'm sure some of the meta trends are on there the meta knowledge of which of those spreads are currently relevant isn't something I have.

I can playtest and find out, and am willing to, but a rough guide of reasons to run 252+Atk/252HP or 252+Atk/252Spe would be appreciated (especially if someone has a recommendation for a speed tier in between). It's obviously better to have some of the elements of your team hit the mark right away so your can test and optimise the more personalised creative elements sooner.

Felixx

I'm back.
Looking to run an Adamant 252 Atk Band Bulu for a new team. I would prefer to run some bulk given that 75 base speed isn't too rocking in the first place. What lower speed investment would be best, or do you have a breakdown of current OU speed benchmarks to hit? Any reason to run 252 speed with Adamant in particular?

Been out of the loop for a little while, would really appreciate the breakdown (especially as I'm thinking of using other slower team members too).
68 Speed EVs is probabaly the bare minimum, lets you outspeed the standard Band Tar spread that runs 176 Speed EVs.

HCJB

Banned deucer.
68 Speed EVs is probabaly the bare minimum, lets you outspeed the standard Band Tar spread that runs 176 Speed EVs.
Cool, thanks for the info. From my experience, Band Superpower can crush steels on the switch, and Band Horn Leech can often fully recover HP after taking a hit - hence some bulk would be good. Band Wood Hammer hits slower threats like a dump truck regardless, with the OHKO on Pex.

I'll play around with it, but I appreciate the starting point.

I was the one who made that spread, as you can see here. It is not an error because the original set used Sitrus Berry which was more used back then. As you can see, 50.3% minrol means Sitrus Berry gets triggered 100% which then puts you at 75% HP to tank another Moonblast. If they get maxroll, you are at 40.6+25=65.6% HP which is enough to tank another high roll Moonblast.

Last edited:
I was the one who made that spread, as you can see here. It is not an error because the original set used Sitrus Berry which was more used back then. As you can see, 50.3% minrol means Sitrus Berry gets triggered 100% which then puts you at 75% HP to tank another Moonblast. If they get maxroll, you are at 40.6+25=65.6% HP which is enough to tank another high roll Moonblast.
Thank you for the explanation. Because of the Iapapa it realy apear to be an error.

What makes evasion moves so hard to deal with? So many Pokemon have moves which can deal with it, such as Haze, Roar, and Whirlwind. Hell, some Pokemon have Haze as one of their recommended moves to use.
Screenshot_2018-07-12-02-21-13-1.png

You wouldn't have to adapt a set to the change, since there is already a set or three with the moves to deal with it.
So, why is Evasion so hard to deal with that it gets banned?

Felixx

I'm back.
What makes evasion moves so hard to deal with? So many Pokemon have moves which can deal with it, such as Haze, Roar, and Whirlwind. Hell, some Pokemon have Haze as one of their recommended moves to use. View attachment 126954
You wouldn't have to adapt a set to the change, since there is already a set or three with the moves to deal with it.
So, why is Evasion so hard to deal with that it gets banned?
In Smogon's tiering philosophy, Evasion and Evasion utilizing tactics are considered "uncompetitive", they're luck-based, they promote cheap, dirty, and pretty team-restricting strategies, and if you think that just because you can Haze/Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail the problem away, see, that's where the bad arguments and problems start. Not every team can afford to run a phaser such as Toxapex and Hippowdon, there aren't even that many good phasers besides those actually, and teams can run counterplay towards that; Magic Bounce stops Roar and Whirlwind from working, and Double Team Clefable stops Dragon Tail users (that don't even exist in the OU Tier to begin with), so that just leaves Haze. So are you intending that we spam Toxapex on every team to stop Evasion utilizing tactics? That restricts team building, and doesn't let the meta grow and expand in a healthy manner. It's an oppressive strategy. Bright Powder isn't banned because it only gives only a small Evasion boost and it takes an item slot that could actually be used for much, much, better items, while Sand Veil and Snow Cloak aren't banned for similar reasons; unreliable, only works in Sand/Hail, and better abilities exist. Double Team can be used on almost ANY Pokemon, and Minimize, while doesn't have as good of a distribution, is banned because it's incredibly easy to abuse and spam due to it giving "+2" Evasion (that means that Flamethrower will only have a 60% chance of hitting), and can be used until you reach max Evasion. Bright Powder, Sand Veil, and Snow Cloak reach a "ceiling", Bright Powder gives a much smaller Evasion boost, and Veil/Cloak Evasion boosts can't be multiplied like Double Team/Minimize boosts can (Bright Powder gives 0.1 Evasion, and Veil/Cloak give 0.25 Evasion, the same as a single Double Team, a 75% chance of hitting a Flamethrower). Hopefully this answered your question!

Last edited:
I tried posting this Q in the orange island subforum but the link was dead :/

When playing with Victini on the battlefield, sometimes its moves aren't registering as having their accuracy increased by 1.1? Other games they are? Why is this happening?

(If there's another thread that this Q is more relevant to, I appreciate the redirection)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)