Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Hi everyone !

I have a little question regarding Ferrothorn. Today (8th gen in a pre-Pokemon home context) is it possible to make him learn spikes ?
I've read all the egg move breed possibilities, but I didn't found any viable parents combination viable. Maybe I've missed something...

Hi everyone !

I have a little question regarding Ferrothorn. Today (8th gen in a pre-Pokemon home context) is it possible to make him learn spikes ?
I've read all the egg move breed possibilities, but I didn't found any viable parents combination viable. Maybe I've missed something...
Yes, as Spikes are now a Technical Record so you don't need any convoluted breeding chains anymore. Just pop a CD and voilà!

Is dragon tail a viable way for Superior to deal with walls? Since it can’t always rely on leaf storm and hp fire alone to get kills outright, can’t Serperior just dragon tail things that completely wall and/or set up against it, especially with rocks/spikes up? I don’t think speed would be an issue, so the only major setbacks I can think of are the prevalence of fairies and I guess regenerator.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Is dragon tail a viable way for Superior to deal with walls? Since it can’t always rely on leaf storm and hp fire alone to get kills outright, can’t Serperior just dragon tail things that completely wall and/or set up against it, especially with rocks/spikes up? I don’t think speed would be an issue, so the only major setbacks I can think of are the prevalence of fairies and I guess regenerator.
Dragon Tail has -6 priority so it'd have to take a hit every time it uses it which makes it not very efficient to use, especially considering Serperior's 4MSS.

Hi. How is Dmax "tested" to see if it will remain in OU and is there a thread I can follow along for the progress and results of such testing?
Edit: I found the announcement. I was in the wrong subsection again, my b.

What is the base power of a Max Move?
Like is it a fixed ratio or is it a higher/lower ratio given the original move and its type?

I've been trying to find the base powers everywhere and have had no luck :(.

What is the base power of a Max Move?
Like is it a fixed ratio or is it a higher/lower ratio given the original move and its type?

I've been trying to find the base powers everywhere and have had no luck :(.
Here, courtesy of Merrit from the OI Discord:

powers for max moves of most types:
150+ ordinary power -> 150 max power
110+ -> 140, plus Crush Grip, Wring Out, Magnitude, Double Iron Bash
75+ -> 130, plus Pin Missile, Power Trip, Punishment, Dragon Darts, Dual Chop, Electro Ball, Heat Crash, Bullet Seed, Grass Knot, Bonemerang, Bone Rush, Fissure, Icicle Spear, Sheer Cold, Weather Ball, Tail Slap, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Flail, Return, Frustration, Endeavor, Natural Gift, Trump Card, Stored Power, Rock Blast, Gear Grind, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam
65+ -> 120, plus Double Hit, Spike Cannon
55+ -> 110
45+ -> 100, plus Twineedle, Beat Up, Fling, Dragon Rage, Nature's Madness, Night Shade, Comet Punch, Fury Swipes, Sonic Boom, Bide, Super Fang, Present, Spit Up, Psywave, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst
10+ -> 90

separate scale for fighting and poison moves (the types whose max effects boost attacking stats):
150+ -> 100, plus Low Kick, Reversal, Final Gambit
110+ -> 95
75+ -> 90
65+ -> 85
55+ -> 80, plus Double Kick, Triple Kick
45+ -> 75, plus Counter, Seismic Toss
10+ -> 70

Multi-Attack is given max power on the scale that assumes it will be used as a fighting or poison move; Hidden Power, Judgment and Revelation Dance are not

Here, courtesy of Merrit from the OI Discord:

powers for max moves of most types:
150+ ordinary power -> 150 max power
110+ -> 140, plus Crush Grip, Wring Out, Magnitude, Double Iron Bash
75+ -> 130, plus Pin Missile, Power Trip, Punishment, Dragon Darts, Dual Chop, Electro Ball, Heat Crash, Bullet Seed, Grass Knot, Bonemerang, Bone Rush, Fissure, Icicle Spear, Sheer Cold, Weather Ball, Tail Slap, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Flail, Return, Frustration, Endeavor, Natural Gift, Trump Card, Stored Power, Rock Blast, Gear Grind, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam
65+ -> 120, plus Double Hit, Spike Cannon
55+ -> 110
45+ -> 100, plus Twineedle, Beat Up, Fling, Dragon Rage, Nature's Madness, Night Shade, Comet Punch, Fury Swipes, Sonic Boom, Bide, Super Fang, Present, Spit Up, Psywave, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst
10+ -> 90

separate scale for fighting and poison moves (the types whose max effects boost attacking stats):
150+ -> 100, plus Low Kick, Reversal, Final Gambit
110+ -> 95
75+ -> 90
65+ -> 85
55+ -> 80, plus Double Kick, Triple Kick
45+ -> 75, plus Counter, Seismic Toss
10+ -> 70

Multi-Attack is given max power on the scale that assumes it will be used as a fighting or poison move; Hidden Power, Judgment and Revelation Dance are not
Thanks! Do G-Max moves follow a similar scale in terms of base power?

Yes, GMax moves work the same. The only difference is their effect and some cosmetic changes here and there (Centiscorch and Charizard's sig move compared to regular Max Flare, for example).
Yes, GMax moves work the same. The only difference is their effect and some cosmetic changes here and there (Centiscorch and Charizard's sig move compared to regular Max Flare, for example).
Thanks!
So would Poison and Fighting GMax moves follow the same scale as their respective max moves or do they follow the normal scale?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)