Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

I was watching SSD games and i saw one that caught my eye: z0mog vs EeveetoTheN00b
z0mog was using a very interesing Excadrill set with Grondium Z and Frustration on a sand team ( https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-457570 )
There is some trend or something why he ran that set?
I mean, Frustration can be more useful than Giga Impact if you arent using Normalium Z and let hit somethings that Steelium can't like Rotom and Zapdos.
Thank you!

quziel

The Scientist is Gigalith
is a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Driver
I'd imagine its because he also has a Tapu Bulu on the team; if he needed to get an emergency EQ off (ex. vs a Magearna), having groundium-z is very useful to bypass the Grassy Terrain power drop, especially given that Exca is likely gonna be left dealing with Mage.

Is there anywhere where I can view the tiering history for this gen? (Suspects, bans, etc) I'm trying to figure out a timeline of certain meta trends

Can Moltres check cm Magearna? With its higher speed, roost, substitute, and its typing, the MU seems favorable at a glance.

Can Moltres check cm Magearna? With its higher speed, roost, substitute, and its typing, the MU seems favorable at a glance.
A lot of CM Magearna sets also run Shift Gear and the double-dance sets frequently run Thunderbolt. It's at best an okay-at-best check and at worst it's getting absolutely obliterated by one if it gets even a single turn to set up.

A lot of CM Magearna sets also run Shift Gear and the double-dance sets frequently run Thunderbolt. It's at best an okay-at-best check and at worst it's getting absolutely obliterated by one if it gets even a single turn to set up.
I was just thinking of Moltres as a check to the cm pain split set, since this is the only set that is a big threat to stall (the only archetype Moltres fits on in OU). Chansey can check shift gear sets with seismic toss, and Quag can check if it's just bolt beam.

I was just thinking of Moltres as a check to the cm pain split set, since this is the only set that is a big threat to stall (the only archetype Moltres fits on in OU). Chansey can check shift gear sets with seismic toss, and Quag can check if it's just bolt beam.
The CM+Split set runs Tbolt, so I think thats a no

Jordy

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What about mind reader on prot gren? Breeding right now and afaik mud sport is the best option for my 4th slot.
Mind Read is not useful at all. For useful moves on Greninja, you should check out this analysis. I'm pretty sure that besides Spikes, none of the moves it commonly runs are egg moves so it should be fine to have whatever really.

What are the benefits of running Poisonium Z on Toxapex? I've seen it in some RMTs and I'm kind of curious.
While rarer, Z-Toxic hits Mega Gyarados as well as Torn. In addition, on very specific teams, like Aurella ’s Semi-Stall made during last year’s OLT, Z-Gunk Shot lures Fini, Bulu, Serp and the rarer Screens Koko. This does give up on some defensive utility though.

How is scarf Lele in the meta?
Situations when it can be used instead of something like Landorus-Therian or Kartana?
If i use it, team mates outside of a strong counter to volcarona?
Its analysis seems to be pretty out dated :(

Situations when it can be used instead of something like Landorus-Therian or Kartana?
Generally you can use it on magnezone squads or psy-spam teams that want to compress lele's terrain setting and speed control into 1 Slot. It can't really be used in many more ways since scarf lele isn't strong enough to actually significantly wear down steels and therefore relys on them being removed or being worn down by stronger psychics in order for it to clean.
https://pokepast.es/758d2f8763d10ce5
This is a Medi-Lele squad, this core takes decent advantage of scarf lele's unique qualities as it helps to patch up medi's speed and also provides it terrain to turn zen headbutt into a really strong mid ground against the likes of lando t, gliscor etc.

Being able to compress speed control and an offensive Toxapex answer can be beneficial for some balance teams not using a psychic type mega like Alakazam or the Latis

Prior to the banning of Baton Pass, did Zapdos see much play with BP in S/M OU? I know it doesn't have the greatest moves to pass, but it's a good all-around Pokémon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)