Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What are some good offensive partners for cm tapu fini? The analysis only mentions magnezone.
it pairs well with magnezone to trap ferrothorn, heatran to beat ferrothorn and trap non-shed shell toxapex/blissey, and any leech seed immunity off the top of my head. realistically you def want something to remove spikes with it and something to sponge shadow balls so you are not spreading a cm fini, which is intended to be a win condition, too thin.

Assuming this is an appropriate place to ask (and requesting direction if not), is it possible to summarize as a bulleted list or a few sentences what changed for Kyurem between Generations that let it jump to much? I'm not immediately aware of any major gains in its kit, so was it a less hostile roster, one change that's bigger than I'm thinking like HDB, or just a combination of a bunch of small things in its favor?

Assuming this is an appropriate place to ask (and requesting direction if not), is it possible to summarize as a bulleted list or a few sentences what changed for Kyurem between Generations that let it jump to much? I'm not immediately aware of any major gains in its kit, so was it a less hostile roster, one change that's bigger than I'm thinking like HDB, or just a combination of a bunch of small things in its favor?
It got Freeze-Dry this gen so suddenly its not checked by every Water type in existence. Getting Dragon Dance and Boots being added also definetly helped, but Freeze-Dry was the main reason.

It got Freeze-Dry this gen so suddenly its not checked by every Water type in existence. Getting Dragon Dance and Boots being added also definetly helped, but Freeze-Dry was the main reason.
It never occurred to me that it only just got Freeze-Dry this gen. This thing was missing more Ice moves than I initially assumed

For Kyurem-Black, it was mainly the addition of Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear. Two of KB's biggest shortcomings that made it balanced in OU were its good-but-not-amazing Speed and its inability to make full use of its Attack, and those moves fixed both those shortcomings.

For base Kyurem, the big thing was the addition of Freeze Dry. Not only is Freeze Dry an incredibly powerful move because it hits Water-types, but it has a lot of PP, which also allowed Kyurem to Pressure stall much more effectively, and also allowed it to more consistently fish for freezes. And then on top of that, there was still Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear (which has even more PP, and combined with DD was I recall the preferred move for SubRoost sets) that let Kyurem run multiple deadly sets all with different counters. You bring in something to deal with SubRoost, you get blasted off the map by a Specs Draco. You bring in something to tank the Specs hit, you get Subbed on.

What amount of Speed do defensive Zapdos run these days? I'm using Guts Scarhino and trying to tweak the amount of speed I need to outspeed them while remaining Adamant if possible.

Just wanna know why Salamence Moxie Outrage isn't banned already. And with Choice scarf It can ko things like Dragapult,Gengar,Tyranitar and basically everything in it's Path.
This is why outrage is bad:

Salamence Outrage vs. Tapu Lele: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Salamence Outrage vs. Clefable: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Scarf salamence lacks power and can be killed by other scarfers. Also, weavile kills you with ice shard.

where are the rules on posting? I have a non simple question that might require more in depth discussion so I want to make a post about it.
It is fine if you ask your question here but you can also ask it in the main discussion thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-thread-v7-usage-stats-in-post-3539.3672210/

The general rules of a thread are usually located on the first post of said thread. They are on page one for this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simple-questions-simple-answers-thread.3656259/post-8284240

General rules on posting on Smogon are found here: https://www.smogon.com/rules

What is happening with the PS server Every thing becomes glitchy and i cant see switches just one Pokemon-stays and its HP just keep changing
ps wt.png

Where can I find pre-made teams other than the sample teams forum? I don't like and am bad at teambuilding but I want to play more OU Hyper Offense teams than the one (1) supplied by the sample teams forum.

I've been theory crafting utilizing soak and combining it with strong electric type moves to ensure type advantages and to take away STAB bonus' and i wanted to hear y'all opinion on its viability?

I've been theory crafting utilizing soak and combining it with strong electric type moves to ensure type advantages and to take away STAB bonus' and i wanted to hear y'all opinion on its viability?
i mean pyuku and pinchurc can use that
not viable imo takes time + taunt is a thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)