Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I think if you're gonna run TR you should not run CM. If you have another TR setter then you could CM sweep with Hat but if you need Hat to set the TR in the first place I think you're best off running TR and 3 attacks.
Hatterene can sweep with TR support but I think that, especially without Dynamax, Hatterene is less likely to pick up multiple kills efficiently.
I should have specified - I was taking about a TR + 3 attacks set and separately about a CM + 3 attack set.

Is there anything specific I should be doing about your last point? I'm reading it as an indication that a TR + Life Orb setup should be used to overcome the loss of Dynamax, but that's just my gut reaction.

Is it the case that I would be better off running her exclusively on a TR-centric team?

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What should the nature, evs and/or ivs i should train for zacian, and what should the nature, ability, and evs and/or ivs i should train for cinderace, corsola, aegislash, tyranitar, and snorlax be
I can't help much with Zacian since thats Ubers, but I'd imagine you'd want:

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Play Rough

As for the rest, the EVs you want generally depend on the roles you want each Pokemon for. Cinderace and Corsola-G generally run:

:Cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

and

:Corsola-Galar:
Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

As for the rest (:Tyranitar:, :Snorlax:, :Aegislash:) you might want to be a little bit more specific with the roles you're looking for them to fill, since the EV spread/moveset can change depending on the team structure. The recommended spread for Choice Band Tyranitar and Stealth Rock Tyranitar would be different, for example. Aegislash also has plenty of sets from Choice Specs to Substitute, and Snorlax can go bulky or try to sweep with Curse.

You can try throwing a team together and posting it in the RMT forum so that others can give it a more in-depth look and look at EV spreads more specifically.

Hope this helps somewhat.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just looked at the rmt forms and its to confusing for me
Read through this thread:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-and-forum-guidelines.3647102/

It'll explain all the steps and rules for writing an RMT, much better than I can explain right here. If you have any other questions about that you're probably best off contacting a moderator. You can also hop onto the Smogon discord for more real time help. Giving entire advice on an entire team is a little bit beyond the scope and purpose of this thread, but there are plenty of other resources to help you get started playing Pokemon competitively.

Reactions: TPP
I have 3 pokemon i want to be bulky and a sweeping pokemon im bad at describing things and i dont know what would be usefull for the iv/evs and the nature, and the abilitys and stuff i never understood stuff liek that but the pokemonni want to be sweeping and bulky is aegislash, tyranitar, and snorlax and i dont get the rmt fourms its to complictaed for me so im trying to describe what i want as best as i can
Try searching them here

Ribombee, it has the greatest Speed of all web setters as well as decent Special Attack and utility in moves like Stun Spore and Skill Swap (for Magic Bounce).
Thanks for the response!
By the way, how does sticky web deal with seismitoad and corvinight? I have trouble with these two

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Thanks for the response!
By the way, how does sticky web deal with seismitoad and corvinight? I have trouble with these two
Bisharp can generally deal with Corviknight since Defog boosts its Attack by +2 thanks to Defiant and it resists both of Corviknight's STABs. It has to look out for Body Press though.

Seismitoad is a bit trickier to deal with but it can be overwhelmed by the likes of Hydreigon and Obstagoon. Chipping it down is key here since it lacks reliable recovery.

Bisharp can generally deal with Corviknight since Defog boosts its Attack by +2 thanks to Defiant and it resists both of Corviknight's STABs. It has to look out for Body Press though.

Seismitoad is a bit trickier to deal with but it can be overwhelmed by the likes of Hydreigon and Obstagoon. Chipping it down is key here since it lacks reliable recovery.
Thanks again, Ruft! ;)

Are there any fire types that can serve as an Aegislash switch in?
The closest thing you're getting to a Fire-type switch in would be Flareon, which has to be wary of Choice Band Aegislash and can be 2HKOed by Shadow Ball from Choice Specs Aegislash.

The closest thing you're getting to a Fire-type switch in would be Flareon, which has to be wary of Choice Band Aegislash and can be 2HKOed by Shadow Ball from Choice Specs Aegislash.
Thanks for the help! The main reason I asked is because I need something to handle both Aegislash and Ferrothorn, so I might try Flareon

Another question, what are some good Dragapult checks that don't lose me offensive momentum. In particular I'm concerned about Sub Disable.

Is there a place where I can search up a sticky web core? If not, can someone give me one featuring mimikyu and ribombee? Thanks,
I don’t use sticky webs but I see Bisharp on basically every webs team. Banded Dracovish also appreciates webs as it allows it to outspeed unboosted hydreigon and modest Dragapult which both revenge it with draco meteor. Fishious rend does not kill either though so you’ll want to account for that. Outrage will ohko both.

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Is there a place where I can search up a sticky web core? If not, can someone give me one featuring mimikyu and ribombee? Thanks,
I've been playing around with Sticky Web a lot this generation. I haven't tried it with Mimikyu yet, but I just put this team together for you to try. It's not perfect (3 Fighting weaknesses but Mimikyu does provide an immunity) but you could give it a shot.
Are there prerequisites to sign up for the Smogon OU tournament on January 13th?

Also hi. :)
There should be none other than owning a Smogon and Showdown account. I recommend you to take a look at these guidelines though.

Welcome to Smogon. :)

Not exactly an ingame question, but is there some sort of list or index of all the OU bans sorted by generation? Both pokemon and moves/abilities. Aka on X date, Baton Pass was banned in Gen 6 OU, on Y date, Arena Trap was banned in Gen7 OU, etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Will Clefable get soft boiled back with home? Moonlight is awful.

is there a resource somewhere where I can see what we’ll be getting when home drops?

We will not know how formerly known but currently incompatible moves will be impacted when Home hits. We do know old moves that were removed will not be usable but yeah.

You could just look at the SM analysis and peep the movepools to look at what we might get back, though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)