Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Why isn't LO considered in Zeraora sets?
I only see Magnet/Expert Belt/Leftovers
More specifically the recoil is just really unwanted.
Your prediction game needs to absolutely be on point, b/c your taking 10% each round, then 1/8 from iron barbs, another 1/10 + 1/8 from hippo's helmet + 1/16 sand chip ( and potentially helmet on ferrothorn resulting in another 1/8). That stuff really tends to wear you down and that wasn't even counting rocks nor potential spikes.

Why is Shuckle suddenly good now?
Due to the recent Dracovish suspect (it's now banned), Shuckle has been taking up a majority of the ladder with hyper offensive teams due to it's combination of Stealth Rock + Sticky Web. Shuckle was really good at benefitting with Dracovish and beating Dracovish at the same time, as well as causing very fast battles.

Best way/pokemon to counter or completely shut down the new Sniper Inteleon?
Well, the thing is, Inteleon is pretty darn terrible even with Sniper, so countering it should be fairly simple: bring Toxapex or Ferrothorn given it has no way to heavily damage them defensively. Offensive counters - well, let's just say Zeraora and even Kyurem take care of it fairly easily, so offensive counters for Inteleon are fairly easy to use and high in number.

Assuming a set of:

Inteleon @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Mud Shot

252 SpA Sniper Inteleon Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex on a critical hit: 168-198 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Sniper Inteleon Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Toxapex on a critical hit: 162-192 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

If Toxapex doesn't go full Special Defense, Mud Shot from Inteleon can 2HKO. A Full SpDef Toxapex takes this:

252 SpA Sniper Inteleon Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex on a critical hit: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

So not exactly the most reliable counter, but the rest of your post still stands.

I just found out the metronome item (not move) is a thing. Seems cool but what are the best users of that item?
Previously it was Pokemon like Swift Swim Mantine and Mamoswine that could break down walls with their spammable STAB, but once it was discovered that Metronome will reset if the attack is blocked by Protect, it kinda fell off a cliff.

What's the distinction between a free switch and a manual switch?
A free switch is when a Pokemon is safely pivoted in with the usage of U-Turn or Volt Switch, so it can usually come in after the opponent's turn. A manual switch is where a Pokemon normally switches against another without having to come in after the opponent. The latter is used by checks and counters to that specific Pokemon.

Isn't Rotom Wash a pretty good counter to Libero Cinderace? Currently working on one right now, but I'm struggling with deciding on nature/EV spread since it has so many options.

Bonus (only cause he's gotten no love): Counter for Grassy Terrain Rillaboom?

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Isn't Rotom Wash a pretty good counter to Libero Cinderace? Currently working on right now, but I'm struggling on deciding on the nature/ev spread since it has so many options.
+1 252 Atk Libero Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 277-327 (91.4 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Not a very reliable check unless you invest heavily in physical bulk (unless they happen to run Low Kick).
Corviknight walls it, but other Pokemon like Mandibuzz and Kommo-o can check it pretty effectively too.

AnimaticLunatic

I COULD BE BANNED!
Isn't Rotom Wash a pretty good counter to Libero Cinderace? Currently working on right now, but I'm struggling on deciding on the nature/ev spread since it has so many options.

I am something of Rillaboom expert myself, so here are my counters and tips. Choice sets are easily walled by Corviknight,Mandibuzz and Kommo-o. Toxapex and ferrathorn can work but they must watch out for woodhamer and superpower respectively. Sword dance set (drum beating, acrobatics and superpower), has basically same conters, only that Kommo-o and non bravebird corviknight can be taken down by it, but toxapex can always switch in if does not have woodhamer as stab move. Faster threats such as Draggapult and Cinderace can also work, but they can lose after drum beating speed drop plus another attack (but after some chip). Sub bulk up sets are prone to being hazed by Toxapex and killed by inflitraitor Dragapult. Basically good defensive cores coupled with speedy threats should usually work out.

Offensive core

volcarona + ________ (fill in the blank)

I like the idea of Conk here. Physical fighting type with knock off to pressure Chansey, can eat status for volcarona also.

This core would hate Azumarill and doubles up on flying weakness. Hawlucha is of particular concern but I think this can be patched up. Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)