Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Any reason why Galarian Slowking isn't on the preliminary Viability list? Just not worth using at all?
Because Galarian Slowking isn't really a viable Pokemon to really be considered on teams in the metagame unfortunately. Its typing is very exploitable defensively and can easily be taken advantage of by very prevalent Pokemon such as Spectrier, Latios, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Heatran and Nidoking and it cannot really play around this huge weakness because of its horrid Speed, making it outclassed by pretty much every other wallbreaker in the metagame outside of Regenerator.

The closest thing of a niche you could use it for is as a special tank with AV and Regenerator that checks stuff like Clefable and Toxapex fairly well, however it doesn't really check much consistently and even those can just Knock Off its AV and make it much less effective. its also really hard to fit this Pokemon on teams in general since regular Slowking, despite having a different niche, is a generally better Pokemon than Galarian Slowking as its better typing and access to Teleport make it easier to fit onto teams.

What would you say is the best ev spread for a mixed work up blaziken? Im running work up/solarbeam/close combat/fire blast with power herb but unsure how to split the evs.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
What are some good teammates for Nasty Plot Tornadus-T?
Anything associated with rain considering it will normally use the rain to have 100% accuracy. So Pelipper for rain. Some sort of electric check via Ferrothorn (not for Magnezone), your most common ground types, or electric absorb with a common one being Thundy-T on rain. You’ll also want something to handle anything strong above its speed tier since its kind of squishy with no reliable priority, but thats dependent on your team structure.

Edit: This is a pretty loaded question though seeing as TornT doesnt require rain necessarily. Might help to look at some teams for ideas I think one sample team has it?

Katy

Banned deucer.
Does anyone know of a good or most common set for AV Magearna?
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast / Ice Beam

This set could be used as an Assault Vest Set, as it can check common pokemon such as Quiver Dance-Pheromosa, Magearna Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Clefable, Dragapult and moreover Nasty Plot-Tornadus-T. Iron Head is for opposing Magearna-variants, as it hits them harder because some run Dual-Dance, which means Shift Gear and Calm Mind. Volt Switch is to get out safely and to bring in a partner safely. Fleur Cannon is its strongest STAB and meanwhile it isn't invested in its offensive stats, it can still deal a lot of damage. Focus Blast hits Excadrill, Heatran and Melmetal and wears them down. But this move can be replaced with Ice Beam, if you want to hit Landorus-T, and Garchomp without lowering your Special Attack.

However, I don't think that AV Magearna is one of its top-sets currently, but it can still help vs a plethora of dangerous special attackers, like the aforementioned Quiver Dance-Pheromosa, and also Tapu Koko in its Electric Terrain. Furthermore, it can tank the strong psychic STABs of Tapu Lele pretty well baring a Choice Specs-boosted Psyshock in Leles Psychic Terrain.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hi guys!May i ask u nasty plot hydreigon's viability?How good it is in the current ou meta?
I feel Nasty Plot Hydreigon fits more on Offense or Hyper Offense, with Screens or Veil, as outside of it, the purpose it serves is for checking Spectrier and Heatran as a great Defogger with great typing and longevity in Roost. Hydreigon runs usually Roost, Defog, Dark Pulse and Earth Power for checking these two Pokemon. But if you want to run on more offensive oriented teams a Nasty Plot version, you'll be good with:
Nasty Plot
Roost
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
for its moves. The nature should be timid with max SpA and max Speed and the remaining 4 can be put into either of the Defenses.
The item of choice can be Life Orb, to secure some OHKOes or 2HKOes which it won't get without the Life Orb-boost.

I hope this helped! :)

I feel Nasty Plot Hydreigon fits more on Offense or Hyper Offense, with Screens or Veil, as outside of it, the purpose it serves is for checking Spectrier and Heatran as a great Defogger with great typing and longevity in Roost. Hydreigon runs usually Roost, Defog, Dark Pulse and Earth Power for checking these two Pokemon. But if you want to run on more offensive oriented teams a Nasty Plot version, you'll be good with:
Nasty Plot
Roost
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
for its moves. The nature should be timid with max SpA and max Speed and the remaining 4 can be put into either of the Defenses.
The item of choice can be Life Orb, to secure some OHKOes or 2HKOes which it won't get without the Life Orb-boost.

I hope this helped! :)
Ty mate

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys!May i ask u nasty plot hydreigon's viability?How good it is in the current ou meta?
Nasty Plot Hydreigon is decent however it has a lot of issues in the metagame right now that make it overall less effective and overall less viable than its Bulky Defogger set. So I want to go over 1 large flaw of Nasty Plot Hydreigon in the metagame to add to Katy's already great answer that make it a less effective wallbreaker!

The first and biggest flaw of it, is that it is more easily pressured and forced out. New additions like Garchomp, Pheromosa, Latios, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini and Kartana, and even previous checks like Clefable and Blissey have made its job significantly harder due all of them being pretty common, and good Pokemon in the current metagame, which gives it significantly less and made its job of breaking much harder.

The second is the fact that despite how powerful and threatening it is when it does get the NP off, the lack of immediate powerful before hand really hinders it in its ability to hit hard. Outside of a few Pokemon such as Slowbro and Spectrier, Hydreigon doesn't really force many things out like it used to considering that this metagame is significantly more offensive combined with its lack of setup opportunities now, while its devastating when it does get the opportunity to wreak havoc, the opportunities are simply not there unfortunately.

Hope this helped with knowing NP Hydreigon's viability! :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)