Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Who are the best partner's for calm mind :tapu fini: and SD :aegislash: on a bulky offence team?

Also what pokemon should i use for a trick spam team as i love nothing better then gifting opposing mons dud items
magnezone can help remove annoying steel-types that would otherwise hinder you, like corviknight, skarmory, ferrothorn, melmetal
grounds like garchomp or lando are also good at pressuring galarian slowking/toxapex/clefable or getting up rocks so ur fini + aegi core here can break past them easily
might be good to have a defensive backbone in something like buzzwole or defensive lando to switch into faster revenge killers - mainly zera, kart, or rilla

usually when building around a trick lure, you want to think about mons that would specifically pair well with the targets you want to cripple: for example, trick tapu fini or clefable are good at targeting slowking, toxapex, and sometimes heatran, making them good partners alongside volcarona, weavile, or other similar win conditions

A ground-type like Landorus-T can be nice to alleviate the weakness to Zeraora and Garchomp, while you could also have an approach in a hazard stack team for the direction with the first two members

Hazard stack. Didn't think of that usually i just fit rock's and be done with it. Thanks.

magnezone can help remove annoying steel-types that would otherwise hinder you, like corviknight, skarmory, ferrothorn, melmetal
grounds like garchomp or lando are also good at pressuring galarian slowking/toxapex/clefable or getting up rocks so ur fini + aegi core here can break past them easily
might be good to have a defensive backbone in something like buzzwole or defensive lando to switch into faster revenge killers - mainly zera, kart, or rilla

usually when building around a trick lure, you want to think about mons that would specifically pair well with the targets you want to cripple: for example, trick tapu fini or clefable are good at targeting slowking, toxapex, and sometimes heatran, making them good partners alongside volcarona, weavile, or other similar win conditions
I noticed buzzwole has been climbing and having an answer to faster threats and dark spam is nice. Definately gonna try magnezone tho. Seems right up my ally that one

For trick lurers i was thinking something like jirachi, fini or togekiss (tho i think it need's to much support right now) supporting with like weavile.

Thank you both for help. Its appreciated.

op by Celticpride

This thread is for simple questions that need relatively simple answers. Quote the question you are answering, to help keep things organized. If you were considering making a thread to ask "Why was Swagger unbanned???" or "Was Unaware nerfed?" I'd recommend asking those questions here instead. For simple questions related to Smogon ask here. For in-game help / info check the Orange Islands subforum; Uncharted Territory is for competitive discussion only.

As a reminder because something like this is posted often:
  • In threads discussing the metagame, do not assume any particular Pokémon nor abilities are banned. Additionally, do not suggest that certain Pokémon or abilities should be banned, suspected, or that they will probably be banned. Finally, do not post predictions on which Pokémon or abilities will be banned. Likewise, don't suggest that certain Pokémon or abilities should be unbanned.
  • Do NOT talk about dropping Pokemon from Ubers. This is not the place for that. PM a council member if you want more information.
i like metagross because meteor mash

I'm sure it's already been posted somewhere, but what's the best specially defensive Lando spread? If the torn-t and pex spreads on Smogon are outdated too those would be nice as well, thanks

I'm sure it's already been posted somewhere, but what's the best specially defensive Lando spread? If the torn-t and pex spreads on Smogon are outdated too those would be nice as well, thanks
Usual spread is just a copy of the PhysDef Spread, 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe Careful. If you don't value the speed as much, 28 Spe and 48 Spe are good benchmarks to hit too.

Here you can find the spread I created for SpDef Lando-T (and other spreads for other Pokémon if you need them). Decide how much speed you want and if you need specific defensive calcs, you can absolutely tweak the spread if you want, especially because Rillaboom is declining in usage.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Max HP, arbitrary speed benchmark (modest/timid zone, modest/timid tran, smth faster—whatever is best for ur team, but usually a zone or tran benchmark), rest dumped in SpD, careful unless ur rlly fast, in which case jolly may be more efficient.

Lando can really run whatever EVs you want and get away with it. Just look at what ur targeting and go from there.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
What's the most commonly used spread for AV Galarian Slowking nowadays?
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 164-194 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

it only needs 120 spdef + calm nature to live two shadow balls from specs pult - the 176 benchmark is for specs koko
the 12 def is nice to survive cb urshifu's surging strikes in a pinch essentially for free
cutting down on the spdef means that this gking has a bit more offensive potential, able to annoy teams with its coverage and status more easily while its future sights pack a bigger punch

For 'pex running scald + knock, is there any significant advantage to running Relaxed over Bold? I understand that you're doing marginally more damage and 'pex's speed is poor anyways, but does the loss of speed come in to play at all?

How exactly does the endless battle clause function? Will it activate mid game if you use specific moves, or will it prevent them in teambuilder? Or will it stop an endless setup after some time?

Celesteela mad annoying and underrated. Doesn’t die, hard to switch into Heavy Slam, Flamethrower, and Leech Seed. Even when you Knock its lefties it won’t die. What do u think?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Celesteela mad annoying and underrated. Doesn’t die, hard to switch into Heavy Slam, Flamethrower, and Leech Seed. Even when you Knock its lefties it won’t die. What do u think?
It never makes progress with all of the Regenerator Water types being used, it is susceptible to Magnezone, and it hates common interactions like Heatran, not being able to Protect vs Urhsifu-R, anything involving Volcarona, and encountering any Electric type as a whole. Celesteela is sneaky good vs HO teams that lack switch-ins to its limited offensive profile combined with LeechTect to stall offensive momentum, but otherwise it is a liability in all honesty.

It can work, but it is usually worse than SDef normal Slowking. It saw a usage in WCoP -- it tends to run a similar spread to standard variants, but you can opt to run some SAtk to help make use of the coverage.
how many spa evs is recommended? and I've also heard dragon tail was used with this; is it recommended on AV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)