Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers UU Edition

With the recent Arctozolt ban, is it just banned from UU but still usable in lower tiers, or is it just UUBL outright and thus banned from tiers below UU?

This thing is such a tiering anomaly that I don't ever recall seeing something similar to this in years.

romanji

eepy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
With the recent Arctozolt ban, is it just banned from UU but still usable in lower tiers, or is it just UUBL outright and thus banned from tiers below UU?

This thing is such a tiering anomaly that I don't ever recall seeing something similar to this in years.
It is now banned from PU and up. A similar occasion recently happened when Gengar was banned to UUBL while it was still RU during Crown Tundra.

What defensive spread is recommeded on Swampert? Physically o Specially defensive?
I would run Phys Def to take one or two hits from foes like Excadrill, Lycanroc-D, Mamoswine, etc. You could potentially run SpD to take a few hits from Nidoking better. SpD would also take a hit from Thundurus-T better but keep in mind there isn't much you can do back to it compared to the other examples.

Curious, what is the best ability on Swampert. The analysis currently says Damp but in terms of usage Torrent is seeing a fair bit more use. I have to imagine neither matters a ton, but I enjoy optimizing niche nonsense.

Curious, what is the best ability on Swampert. The analysis currently says Damp but in terms of usage Torrent is seeing a fair bit more use. I have to imagine neither matters a ton, but I enjoy optimizing niche nonsense.
Frankly, I don't think any UU-viable mon runs Explosion/Self-Destruct or Misty Explosion at all, and Mind-Blown can only be learned by the UUBL Blacephalon. Damp also blocks Aftermath, but no pokemon in UU has it. So Torrent is the most useful one because it powers up your Water STAB when Swampert is at low HP.

I think technically Damp helps to 100% wall Regieleki, but like, who uses that?

Frankly, I don't think any UU-viable mon runs Explosion/Self-Destruct or Misty Explosion at all, and Mind-Blown can only be learned by the UUBL Blacephalon. Damp also blocks Aftermath, but no pokemon in UU has it. So Torrent is the most useful one because it powers up your Water STAB when Swampert is at low HP.

From what I've seen, sometimes Eleki will run Explosion on screens as a setter for momentum, so Damp technically handles that. As far as I've seen, Pert isn't running Scald really, and Flip turn isn't really doing much vs anything its not super effective vs, so overall Damp is probably the better ability on a more consistent basis.

A small point, but Hatterene does sometimes run Misty Explosion on Trick Room teams to get the Trick Room abuser in safely.

Home isn't getting updated until 2022, so it's likely that if BDSP Pokémon are ever coming to SwSh, then you'll be waiting until at least January.

First of all, I know Hail ain't great, or particulary good, but I wanna use it lol. So what I wanted to ask is, which mon would you recommend for hazard control/removal?

First of all, I know Hail ain't great, or particulary good, but I wanna use it lol. So what I wanted to ask is, which mon would you recommend for hazard control/removal?
As someone who has used a lot of it, you can actually go without hazard removal if you like since it's such a hyper offensive style. If you do want some hazard control, Frosslass is a fast Taunt user that Excadrill cannot spin on, allowing Frosslass to consistently get Spikes up. You can also choose to use Vanilluxe as a Hail setter, which gets Magic Coat, allowing you to, if not rid your own side of hazards (since they will likely just go for rocks again after you bounce theirs back), at least match their own. Finally, Alolan Sandslash does get Rapid Spin, so you could consider adding that onto its sweeping set (although you will have to drop some coverage for it).

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Cosmic Power
- Body Press
- Meteor Mash

This Metagross set (also known as DemonGross) has been tearing up RU recently. Could it work in UU as well, perhaps with a different EV spread?

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Cosmic Power
- Body Press
- Meteor Mash

This Metagross set (also known as DemonGross) has been tearing up RU recently. Could it work in UU as well, perhaps with a different EV spread?
Unfortunately UU is full of high powered offensive things that immediately threaten Metagross, such as Excadrill, Aegislash (which most certainly walls this set at the same time), Conkeldurr, Hydreigon, Moltres-G, Moltres-Not-G, etc. Additionally, a defensive mons like Slowking can freely switch in on this and just TP out to another offensive mon. You may catch someone by surprise a few times with it on the ladder, but it won't really work on a consistent basis.

We couldn't have a ban on multiple Regenerators on one team instead of a Meinshao ban because that would be complex, right? Just wanted clarification.

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We couldn't have a ban on multiple Regenerators on one team instead of a Meinshao ban because that would be complex, right? Just wanted clarification.
While it is true that Regenerator is a large factor of why Mienshao is so great, it isn't the primary reason as to why it is currently being suspect tested. I'll quote the suspect thread which you can find here

Base 105 Speed, Regenerator, access to incredible utility in Knock Off and U-turn, and a variety of coverage options like Poison Jab, Blaze Kick, and Stone Edge make it a nightmare to handle for any team. Defensively checking LO Mienshao is extremely difficult, with options like Regenerator cores of Amoonguss + Slowking and more niche Pokemon like Weezing-G or Slowbro-G being the most popular, while offensive Pokemon severely struggle to switch into any of its moves and rely on the naturally faster Pokemon or Choice Scarfers as the sole revenge killers. Choice Scarf is still a very solid item on it and serves as a fantastic late game cleaner and momentum gainer. Although Mienshao offers little defensive utility, Kommo-o's ban has seen glues that fit well alongside Mienshao like Amoonguss resurge in usage, helping mitigate this flaw.
Hope this helps!

Mienshao can be used solely on a team due to great effect. This also fucks over any lower tier with this ban so no way this is going to happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)