Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the shadow tag suspect test. If Stag is indeed banned, will this apply to the other tiers as well or just Ubers?

I have a question about the shadow tag suspect test. If Stag is indeed banned, will this apply to the other tiers as well or just Ubers?
I can't remember where I read it, but I believe someone said that even if it were banned, the rulings in Ubers are independent from the other tiers, so Shadow Tag will still be legal in OU and lower tiers where there is no Shadow Tag Clause.

Why is Arceus Dragon also Arceus Poison?

When I was playing a match, it said it was Arceus Dragon, so I moonblasted, then the sidebar said it was Arceus poison.

Why is Arceus Dragon also Arceus Poison?

When I was playing a match, it said it was Arceus Dragon, so I moonblasted, then the sidebar said it was Arceus poison.
people typically nickname arceus formes that are similar in appearance another typing so that it fools you. people often name their arceus-normals "arceus-electric" and make them shiny

an easy way to check what arceus you are against is to scroll over its sprite and it will tell you

I can't remember where I read it, but I believe someone said that even if it were banned, the rulings in Ubers are independent from the other tiers, so Shadow Tag will still be legal in OU and lower tiers where there is no Shadow Tag Clause.
to delve further into why, the main point is that ubers is its own entity. nu, ru, uu, and ou are all interconnected by usage and thus any ban trickles down the line; however, ubers is a free for all. all pokemon are automatically placed here and all banned pokemon are labeled as uber. there is no usage to look at. ubers is just inherently different from every other metagame and thus a shadow tag ban would not carry to others

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this; if my in-game Xerneas (using the Scarf set) has an Attack IV of 24, how much Attack EV should I invest to kill Ho-oh with Rock Slide?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this; if my in-game Xerneas (using the Scarf set) has an Attack IV of 24, how much Attack EV should I invest to kill Ho-oh with Rock Slide?
I'd say just invest in 76 Atk on the recommended set anyways; you'll still be taking it out with a 2HKO. 60 EVs however is as low as you can go before the Physically Defensive Ho-Oh takes a Rock Slide that isn't guaranteed a 2HKO

Choice Band
76 Atk Xerneas Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 312-368 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Physically Defensive
76 Atk Xerneas Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 220-260 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Tank
76 Atk Xerneas Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 312-368 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you're talking about an OHKO that won't be possible unless you run Adamant Choice Band Xerneas with 252 Atk ?_?

Last edited:
You can run Modest Kyu-W with scarf. Modest Reshiram with Tailwind and LO is also quite cool.

Timid versions of these lose out on the enormous damage output which reduces their effectiveness as wallbreakers.

laddering closes out tonight, voting thread will go up soon after and probably be open for about a week

laddering closes out tonight, voting thread will go up soon after and probably be open for about a week
how long will it take to filter the paragraph's this time? about the same as the last test, or will two weeks be enough? a rough estimate (longer or shorter) would also be nice.

Just with regard to soft resetting for legendaries, why do people go to such enormous efforts (even months) to soft reset for good iv spreads when you can just alter them with a powersave? With the exception of the birds for vgc, wouldn't it be much more time efficient (and sanity dependant) to just get a good nature and alter them afterwards? After all ease of access is one of the reasons ubers is so popular on sims

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some people just like getting the mons themselves, some people only collect mons and don't battle with them so they probably want their collection unaltered

Can anyone recommend me a set or two for a timid mega Rayquaza? Or one that uses a careful or relaxed nature?
On the note of special attackers, can someone also give me a set for a special (also timid) primal Groudon?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Can anyone recommend me a set or two for a timid mega Rayquaza? Or one that uses a careful or relaxed nature?
On the note of special attackers, can someone also give me a set for a special (also timid) primal Groudon?
For PDon a good set would be something like Rock Polish/Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse and Fire Blast/Overheat/Lava Plume.

For Mega Ray, I guess Draco Meteor, Surf, Fire Blast and a Filler. But, you definitely would rather have Physical sets for both mons..

For PDon a good set would be something like Rock Polish/Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse and Fire Blast/Overheat/Lava Plume.

For Mega Ray, I guess Draco Meteor, Surf, Fire Blast and a Filler. But, you definitely would rather have Physical sets for both mons..
I only have a timid Groudon at the moment so that's why I want to make a special Primal Groudon set. For Rayquaza, I have a timid and a careful one to use. I think the careful natured one can probably be used for a physical set. I most likely won't use the relaxed natured Rayquaza just to keep his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)