Resource SM RU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Hyper Offense can be pretty tricky to pull off since the Durant ban. The ant provided the archetype some unmatched offensive and defensive utility that it was pretty much necessary to put a Durant on your team and you would have been pretty much fine.

Even so, it is still possible to pull off. It is a matter of getting much more creative with your team choices. Most HOs variants I have seen that are true to the core use a suicide lead of some sort like Archeops and Lycanroc (it got Endeavor on USM) or Froslass for Spikes, or even a sticky web setter like Ribombee or Araquanid. Another pokemon that has a lot of value for the archetype atm is Zygarde-10% since it has a great speed tier and strong priority to keep many threats at bay, and Thousand Arrows being spammable. Priiority is super important to have on these type of archetypes so you should consider having a good amount of this so Pokemon like Mega Abomasnow, Mega Glalie, Honchkrow and such are good options for the archetype.

Another tip is that this archetype would generally not run hazard removal on the most conventional way if you arent using Mega Blastoise or even Tsareena so a Pokemon like Espeon fits perfectly with this type of builds. From there, you just stack yourself with a good amount of breakers and thankfully the tier has plenty of those: Salazzle, Virizion, Tyrantrum, Moltres, Pangoro, Gardevoir, Mismagius and stuff like that. HO is also a style that can make some more niche stuff work so dont feel discouraged of trying stuff that may be seen as unconventional like: Vanilluxe, Rain Dance or Focus Energy Kingdra, Mega Banette, Delphox, Barbaracle, and stuff like that. Even Klinklang can work but it is rather restrictive.

Hope this helps you to have a better idea on what to do. If you have more questions you can always ask around on the Rarelyused PS Room.
Thanks a lot to you too, this will defintely help very much too!!!

What factors does the council take to make a Suspect Test of such a poke? And what they take into account for Quick Bans

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
And what they take into account for Quick Bans
quick bans usually only occur in three cases.
1. during beta stages of a tier where the tier isn't quite official yet
2. when something that has the potential to be really broken drops by usage (like mega absol)
3. when something gets a ridiculous buff that makes it overpowered (for example, feraligatr and serperior in oras)

No really good reason, though it stops them from being tricked. A Z-Crystal would do the same thing while providing an additional benefit ofc, and Qwilfish should really only run black sludge anyway or else its longevity is essentially non existent.
According to Bulbapedia and several people who tried this, mega stones can be tricked if the holder or the trick user can't use it to mega evolve. Is it different on Showdown?
Which threats will try to use trick on Qwilfish?

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
According to Bulbapedia and several people who tried this, mega stones can be tricked if the holder or the trick user can't use it to mega evolve. Is it different on Showdown?
Which threats will try to use trick on Qwilfish?
Not sure but anyway that wasn't the reason, probably some people just typed "Bla" and chose the wrong item, anyway fwiw Icium Z is usable and Rocky Helmet is okay on Qwilfish

No really good reason, though it stops them from being tricked. A Z-Crystal would do the same thing while providing an additional benefit ofc, and Qwilfish should really only run black sludge anyway or else its longevity is essentially non existent.
Plus if someone tries to trick black sludge off of Qwilfish, that will just hurt the tricker (unless they are poison but I'm pretty sure none of them learn trick?)

http://pokepast.es/47aa24c289cbade4

Currently testing this team in the RU ladder, I've been having troubles with pokes like salazzle and i wanted to know if there's any way i could build this team to get around it better
Asking in the RU pschat or Disorcd is generally a more expeditious way to get help in the future, but the problem here seems to be with your team structure overall and the use if suboptimal Roserade and Florges sets. I'd drop CM florges for a wish passing heal belling set as CM rarely does anything with lots if Milotic and Steelix running around anyways, and consider replacing Roserade with Aerodactyl or Scarf Tyrantrum, which should help the team overall in giving it a bit more immediate offensive muscle.

cyanize

http://pokepast.es/47aa24c289cbade4

Currently testing this team in the RU ladder, I've been having troubles with pokes like salazzle and i wanted to know if there's any way i could build this team to get around it better
the most apparent fix i can think of would be to replace rotom-heat with a scarf flygon, which can pivot into and force out salazzle pretty consistently. it also keeps the role of a momentum-gainer intact, and also maintins a way to directly threaten bulky steel-types not named bronzong.
replacing florges with a cresselia would also help, as it gives one less pokemon for salazzle to set up on and also gives you a reliable cb fighting-type switchin. if you did that though, you should put refresh on milotic instead of toxic, and switch rest on steelix for something like curse, toxic, or roar. you could also consider making your roserade set more offensive (life orb 4 attacks or some such), or switching it out for shaymin if you want bulk/longevity as bulky roserade is generally a poor idea due to it still being exploitable physically and not walling too many special mons anyway.
Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Defog
- U-turn

Cresselia @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Shaymin @ Life Orb / Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Synthesis

for future reference, it's usually better to ask in the ru discord or in the ps room for live feedback, so you can more easily correspond with people looking to hep with your team.

also wish florges sux please don't use it 3:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Trying to finish this team. Need some Hazards Setter. Ideas?
https://pokepast.es/c7db1519045f382d
You can consider running a ground type rock setter since it can fit really well. Gligar, Rhyperior and Nidoqueen all can work as your hazard setter. Feeling the team is a bit slow even with Virizion and I believe a scarfer is necessary on these type of teams so you can consider Scarf Gardevoir over Cresselia to get the jump on Salazzle and +1 Gatr since it can get ugly.

How is mega houndoom at the moment?
It is banned, yes. As a member of the RU council I can tell you that we decided to not ban drought since we believe isnt a broken or unhealthy element for the metagame but with this on play mega houndoom has to stay banned. This monster under sun is too much and we dont want to contradict such an early decision just to keep mega houndoom around.

You can consider running a ground type rock setter since it can fit really well. Gligar, Rhyperior and Nidoqueen all can work as your hazard setter. Feeling the team is a bit slow even with Virizion and I believe a scarfer is necessary on these type of teams so you can consider Scarf Gardevoir over Cresselia to get the jump on Salazzle and +1 Gatr since it can get ugly.

It is banned, yes. As a member of the RU council I can tell you that we decided to not ban drought since we believe isnt a broken or unhealthy element for the metagame but with this on play mega houndoom has to stay banned. This monster under sun is too much and we dont want to contradict such an early decision just to keep mega houndoom around.
Oks thanks bro! I like the core Snorlax-Cresselia but I will try your recommendations

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Oh i lost this. Where can i found the ban announce?

cyanize

I’m tryna get a Xatu set anyone have one?
to be entirely honest, xatu sucks atm; no real reason to use it over our other myriad defoggers, especially taunt mandibuzz, which defogs on basically everything in the tier.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Knock Off / Foul Play
- Roost

speed is for standard gligar so you can annoy the hell out of it, but you can take a bit out and put it in sdef to reach 176+ which avoids 2hko ffom swellow. lefties or rh is preference; rh is a fair bit better vs steelix and regi at the obvious cost of passive recovery. knock vs fplay is also preference - knock gives better presence vs bulky teams and allows you to remoce critical items like gatr/queen's lo, garde's scarf, zydog/bewear's cb, etc. whereas foul play deters stuff like gatr and flygon from boosting on you and gives you a favorable mu vs sd rhyp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)