Resource SM RU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
as far as i've heard/seen, it's generally mediocre; it's mostly outdone by tyrantrum or aerodactyl in its role, because while they aren't entirely comparable, but it doesn't have enough positive traits over either to be worth using outside of sd and sd is incredibly hard to pull off. it doesn't help that even sd, while threatening, isn't overly hard to stop considering it will often want to use its z twice due to the commonality of pokemon it wants to use it on, its coverage isn't quite strong enough to take down bulky rock resists without considerable chip, and accelerock doesn't protect it from a fair few rkillers (flygon, relatively healthy ttrum and shaymin, and zydog all stop it in its tracks), not to mention its difficulty of setup and competition from the likes of rp dragon z ttrum and rock z barbaracle.
someone more versed in using it than me can probably comment on it a bit more, i only have experience seeing it a few times and the rest is theorycrafting :v

Can anyone explain to me what happened that made Chesnaught and Doublade go from top tier to mediocre?
Doublade fell out of favor due to the rise of prominent defensive Pokemon like Mandibuzz, Milotic, and Mega Steelix. However it can still manage to put in work vs some offensive teams. From what I can gather, the rise of several new defoggers worsened Chesnaught's role as a Spiker, making it an inferior choice to more offensive ones such as Roserade.

Doublade fell out of favor due to the rise of prominent defensive Pokemon like Mandibuzz, Milotic, and Mega Steelix. However it can still manage to put in work vs some offensive teams. From what I can gather, the rise of several new defoggers worsened Chesnaught's role as a Spiker, making it an inferior choice to more offensive ones such as Roserade.
Then couldn't Chesnaught be used for its other sets? It doesn't need to have Spikes

cyanize

the thing is, the main value in chesnaught was spikes; without reliably setting spikes, slotting chesnaught on your team is much less worth than it used to be as it can't really take advantage of the wide variety of things it forces out or make use of the turns spent on things that come in on it, and it also can't make up for the lack of having an offensive grass-type which is pretty critical to teams atm.

What does Slowbro do to Entei that can make it better? There are already other Water-types like Milotic and Mega Blastoise that can deal with Entei
Slowbro has better Defense than Milotic or Blastoise (Blastoise doesnt invest EVs defensively anyway). However, Sacred fire does mean Milotic has a rather easy method of triggering Marvel Scale so that might come in handy somehow.

cyanize

mega blastoise is not even close to an entei answer, btw
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blastoise-Mega: 141-166 (47.1 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blastoise-Mega: 126-149 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

mega blastoise is not even close to an entei answer, btw
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blastoise-Mega: 141-166 (47.1 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blastoise-Mega: 126-149 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
But see here, this is proving that Entei needs a Choice Band to deal with Mega Blastoise, and Stone Edge can miss and Flare Blitz deals recoil

But see here, this is proving that Entei needs a Choice Band to deal with Mega Blastoise, and Stone Edge can miss and Flare Blitz deals recoil
But that's what it runs all the time...

[20:06:41] +Kamen Rider Build: .usage1630 entei, items, uu
[20:06:41] *TIBot: Choice Band 75.120% | Assault Vest 6.830% | Life Orb 4.869% | Leftovers 3.055% | Choice Scarf 2.366% | Grassium Z 2.030% | Firium Z 1.641% | Other 4.089%

For my feraligatr, I found that waterfall is not sufficient, so would like to know if aqua tail is a good alternative, though it is not stated in other options in the move list.

For my feraligatr, I found that waterfall is not sufficient, so would like to know if aqua tail is a good alternative, though it is not stated in other options in the move list.
Liquidation is the best move and Water STAB move boosted by Sheer Force. Aqua Tail isn't boosted by Sheer Force and is therefore weaker than Liquidation in the case and inferior to it.

Not sure if this is a simple question, but I'm new to RU and I need some team building help. I was trying to make a team around Choice Band Goodra. I thought Feraligatr and Roserade might work, but I'm hoping for some help.

roman

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is a simple question, but I'm new to RU and I need some team building help. I was trying to make a team around Choice Band Goodra. I thought Feraligatr and Roserade might work, but I'm hoping for some help.
hey there & welcome to the forums

if you're looking for someone to build you a team, you could try the workshop https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ru-teambuilding-factory-the-return-now-on-usm.3621819/

however, if you're just looking for just a bit of help to start your team, you could try scanning through the team options in the analysis (https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/goodra/) or asking around in the discord (https://discord.gg/dR7Mphd) or ps room. i could try helping you through building too, just add me on discord roman#4216.

enjoy your stay!

So recently it has been announced that an event Shaymin will be given out with Celebrate. I haven't played RU for a while, so do you think a Z Celebrate set will be any good?

So recently it has been announced that an event Shaymin will be given out with Celebrate. I haven't played RU for a while, so do you think a Z Celebrate set will be any good?
its probably going to be ok at best because it really really struggles to pick moveslots. every combination of moves leaves it walled by something pretty common which is why its probably not going to be shays best set. grass z is generally more consistent as a breaker, tho celebrate could also be cool cause its pretty strong and fast, and also bulky af so pretty hard to revenge.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Personally I believe that set can be really good. Imagine z-celebrate venusaur but way harder to revenge kill thanks to the better bulk and speed tier and with better speed tier and a grass STAB capable of cheesing out checks and counters. It can be really threatening, no idea if that will push it to the edge cause the only way it could outspeed other things was through the use of scarf but now there is a new toy for it, it can be tricky now. It is gonna be cool to test it out.

Air Slash or HP Fire, Earth Power, Seed Flare seems to be the best coverage options for the set to work. You miss very few things on the neutral side bar like Bronzong, and you can pair it with a pursuit trapper to pull it off more reliably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)