Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo, redid my rattata-oh. Outlines should be a bit more clean + I made it have something closer to ho-oh's colour scheme... but it might be a bit too white now. /shrug

@Master Win: Actually, the 'mon isn't a rattata/ho-oh fusion, heh. I decided to try the fusion I requested Todris to do, so it's mew/rattata/arceus/articuno disguised as ho-oh.

@Tenodera: I don't really see the second pic as more clear or anything, so I don't know. Both pics are saved .png, same with the originals. On a similar note though... the bidoofs are cute (curious about what they're fused with though, is it part sneasel? No idea about the tails), but you should always save sprites as .png or .gif for animated ones, otherwise they'll get a bit blurry (.jpg is the devil for spriting).

@Toast: Awesome stuff, as always! The teddy is adorable. I'm guessing the head is mostly teddiursa + altered face... but where are the other body parts from? :O

@smogo: Decent sprite! I think it just needs the ears moved down a little, and maybe the legs being a little lighter coloured. The pink BG is weird but backgrounds aren't a big deal.

@SimonSays: Really nice choice of colour there, I think.

@Romeert: You know, you make some really imaginative sprites... but I think your outlining might need some work. A lot of the time it seems like you're using colours that aren't dark enough or are too close to the colour it's outlining, so they get lost overall. The zombie cloyster, for example, has a lot of yellow used for outlining... which can't be seen either as an outline or at all until you zoom in on it, because it's too bright and too close to the sickly green colours used for zombies.

Generally (and outlining is one of my weaknesses, you might want to ask someone else about this), you'll want to use an outline colour that is at least 2 shades darker than what you're outlining. So assuming you're using the zombie pallet,
, and you've coloured something in the lightest green (so top left colour)... at the minimum, you'll want to use the 3rd colour from the left on the top row to outline it. A lot of the time though, it's a good idea to go darker than that, or use black. Problem with outlining is that it's sort of instinctive to know what shade to use... but you'll almost never want to use the next shade down, or a light colour in general.

Phew. That was a lot of C&C. Hopefully everyone was looking for some on their sprites! If not... to distract you, here's a 'loon.

Edit: Just realising how shit I am at explaining things. /sigh. If you guys want something that makes a bit more sense, I'd check out http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx if you haven't already... but then again, it doesn't have much there about outlining shading either. /shrug

HOLY PLUCK THAT IS ONE AWESOME CUTE PERFECT SPRITE
HOW DID YOU
I
NOOO
ALALALALALALA
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
*dies*
I'm just awesome like that. :toast:

Elcheeso said:
@Toast: Awesome stuff, as always! The teddy is adorable. I'm guessing the head is mostly teddiursa + altered face... but where are the other body parts from? :O
Well, the muzzle and the mouth were scratched, but the whole head is Teddiursa. The body is actually Drilbur's body from his BACKsprite. The legs and arms are all from Voodoll (CAP ASB 'mon) and the coloring is from Ursaring. :D

Hey, decided I'd try my hand at some Spriting. Thanks to Romeert, I got some Transparent Backgrounds and a decent program to make more in. Comments? Criticisms? Suggestions?

Just a colour swap between the Eyes and Fur. I didn't really like the Shiny Sprites anyways.
Wow those look great! Think i could convince you to do a recolor of him for me? I'd kinda like to see if he would look good with his Platinum sprite would look good with the black portions of his body were a silver color and the spike on his chest was golden, like his shiny sprite. Anyway if you would like to i would appreciate it, if not thats more than fine too of course.

Glameow Dex? lulz
A Ledian dex might be cool too

Hey @elcheeso, you remind me a lot of myself! (Except your sprites are better, hehe.) I used to be the one going around helping everyone with C+C, though I've tired of it now due to a more busy life.
Anyway, great teddiloon, though I would love it more with Teddiursa eyes. Just saying :p I know you want your dex to only have 'loon eyes.

So guys. I was watching the Phineas and Ferb movie, and I loved it so much, that I decided to make a sprite dedicated to it! May I present to you...

Used:Sawk, Honchkrow, Psyduck, Pikachu, Bibarel, Ivysaur

C&C? :D

LOL. It's really awesome, though maybe you can rise the hat a bit so we can see it's eyes... Oh, and a derpy hatless forme would be great. ^_^

Oh, I can't see Perry... D:

Wooly Rhinoceros!

Elcheeso: It's Bidoof, Sneasel, Dusclops, and Slugma. And mine are saved as PNG... huh.

@Tenodera: It's still JPEG. Maybe something else is wrong? It looks pretty well made, although the fur outline is pretty light, from what I see.

Also, here's a revamp.

I need something to do. Can someone suggest a fusion?

Ack, Toast! Perry disappeared! From what I remember when I saw it though, it looked great! Though I thought one of the fingers on the right hand (our right iirc) looked a bit disconnected from the rest of the hand.

@ICC: Haha, I'm guessing you're nicer than me in general, though. I'm more of a douchebag critic, so I tend to avoid doing it unless I'm going through a phase of uncharacteristic niceness. Speaking of which, I thought you might like this adorable teddiloon! Enjoy~

@Ritter: I thought the choice would be obvious for you! Purugly 'dex! But eh, maybe you want something easier to work with... maybe something like charmander or zangoose? Charmander might be a bit small, but eh.

@Tenodera: Awesome sprite! I really like the design, but it kind of has the same problem as the bidoofs. .jpg kind of ruins sprite quality, it's just meant to keep file size smaller (not really necessary with sprites because they're already super tiny).

Anyway, here are a couple more 'loons for everyones enjoyment... and a revamp of crystal hooh's animation.

Edit: @Exx: How about haxorus and pidgeotto?

I just thought of this, and thought it would be a cool idea.
So, can anyone do this fusion:

Pokemon 1: Beedrill
Pokemon 2: Arcanine
Base Pokemon: Up to spriter :)

if you're not too busy with your 'loondex please could you do the same with espeons crystal animation?
Nah, not busy at all. Wanted to work with the old animations as practice for my shading... which is admittedly horribad (bad artist, bad!). Here's espeon and an additional natu! Espeon's animation is kind of weird, the second frame (where it puffs up) doesn't move the top half of the head at all... yet its mouth somehow comes into view. /shrug.

I'll probably do aipom later, got caught up in a pain in the arse request from a friend. Blastoise seems to be one of those consistantly annoying 'mons to revamp. Also finally realising that the shading inside the right cannon is off. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Hey Blastoise, how about a Spoink Diglett?
Challenge accepted, although you may get it as late as tuesday.

I'll probably do aipom later, got caught up in a pain in the arse request from a friend. Blastoise seems to be one of those consistantly annoying 'mons to revamp. Also finally realising that the shading inside the right cannon is off. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Nice. Oh and yeah, stoise is quite a bad spriting Pokemon in general, although it is pretty fuckin awesome (I mean come on, it's a turtle with cannons on it's back. Pimpmon, anyone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)