Playoffs Smogon Classic V Playoffs - Finals [Won by McMeghan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavos (RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP) vs Malekith (BW)
Ojama (ADV, DPP) vs ABR (GSC, BW) (think ABR's favored in RBY too but I can't pick against the kingpin)
Tamahome (GSC, DPP) vs Soulwind (RBY, ADV, BW)
elodin (DPP) vs McMeghan (GSC, ADV, BW)

honestly while imo Lavos Ojama and Roro are clear favorites this is a v stacked pool and everyone has a realistic chance of taking the bag home. excited af for the games that play out, gl hf all.

1. Lavos VS. 8. Malekith
2. Ojama VS. 10. ABR
3. Tamahome VS. 6. SoulWind
13. elodin VS. 5. McMeghan

I am usually bad karma so sorry the people I predicted to win.

1. Lavos (GSC/RBY/BW) VS. 8. Malekith (DPP, ADV)
2. Ojama (DPP/ADV/BW) VS. 10. ABR (GSC,RBY)
3. Tamahome (GSC/DPP) VS. 6. SoulWind (RBY/ADV/BW)
13. elodin (DPP,RBY) VS. 5. McMeghan (ADV, BW, GSC)

Top 8 is quite impressive, eager to watch some of them

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
1. Lavos (BW, ADV, GSC, RBY) VS. 8. Malekith (DPP) - Lavos has been the best in this tournament's format over the last year or so. Hard to predict against him, but Kith will give him a good fight in most generations given his versatility.
2. Ojama (DPP, ADV) VS. 10. ABR (BW, GSC) - Wayyy too close to call and idk much about either in RBY. This series should be a thriller and this part of the bracket is very cool.
3. Tamahome (DPP, ADV, GSC) VS. 6. SoulWind (BW, RBY) - Both are among the best old generation players on Smogon and I could see this going either way, too, but I think Tama has a bit more going for him in the middle generations, so I lean his way slightly. SoulWind is the more consistent player of the two and it would not be surprising to see him take the series or the whole tour even.
13. elodin (DPP) VS. 5. McMeghan (BW, ADV, GSC, RBY) - elodin is probably in for a rough series here, but McMeghan could have a weird showing with teams or elodin could overperform, both of which have happened before, so I would not even call it too lopsided. When focused and in form, McMeghan is the better of the two and that's why I side with him. Very curious to see his team choices in BW and DPP.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Lost 0-3 to Lavos, ggs.

To be honest I think I didn't deserve that, in BW I got a match-up that was a turn 0 defeat, but that was my fault for bringing that team I guess, but DPP and ADV was a stupid luckfest, in the DPP I missed a t1 hydropump that just won me the match, no way his team could pressure mine w/o hippo and w/o SR, and in the ADV I never got the para with my bslams, he CH'd my metagross and my only hypnosis obv missed when my Gengar could put a lot of work seeing his team.

Not happy with how I've been eliminated, but this is pokémon and things like this can happen, it is just so stupid that when the RNG doesn't want you to win, you are simply not winning.

1. Lavos VS. 5. McMeghan
6. SoulWind VS. 10. ABR
I guess my bad luck is only for whoever is vs ABR sorry SoulWind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)