Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

I got screwed by Jared Cook and Mike Williams even though they had really good matchups. Newton was also really disappointing, heck Luke Kuechly had just under 3 less points than him!

That shit moment when you realize you need Antonio Brown to have a good game to win in one league, but have a bad game to preserve the win in another league.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
In my sucky friend's league, I had Vick go for 44. He managed to score less than my bench QB, Philip Rivers.

Assuming the Steelers don't produce nine million, I am okay with 2-0 in both leagues thus far. I usually have terribly unlucky starts to the season, although I think in Smogon League last year I started off hot and got curbstomped later.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For some reason all of my QBs are underperforming no matter what league I'm in. Between Tom Brady, Eli manning, Tony Romo, Russell Wilson, and Ben Roethlisberger I have yet to have a QB score over 16 points. I've also left Luck and Rivers on the bench for two straight weeks, having them blow up.

Oddly enough, the only league I'm going to start 2-0 in is the league where I have arguably the WORST team.

For some reason all of my QBs are underperforming no matter what league I'm in. Between Tom Brady, Eli manning, Tony Romo, Russell Wilson, and Ben Roethlisberger I have yet to have a QB score over 16 points. I've also left Luck and Rivers on the bench for two straight weeks, having them blow up.

Oddly enough, the only league I'm going to start 2-0 in is the league where I have arguably the WORST team.
You also left Joe Flacco on the bench in League C. He's outscored Brady in both weeks. :p

2-0 so far this week. Thanks to Russel Wilson underachieving, the Falcons completely choking away their lead (I have their Defense), and Steven Jackson getting injured after scoring a TD in the 1st Quarter, I now need 32 points from AJ Green + Antonio Brown to win in Smogon League B. Shouldn't be too bad tho :p

1-1 in every league lel. was top 3 in scoring in each of 3 wins last week, then last in scoring in my one loss. this week I'm in the middle of the pack or worse in 3 losses, then led the league in scoring in my one win.

in fact, in that last league, I literally doubled my score from last week (83.8 points week 1, 168.3 points week 2).

I was regretting picking up MJD in the 2nd, but then I remembered the backs taken immediately before him (Ridley, Wilson, S. Jackson) and after him (Gore, Bernard (in the 3rd haha), and Lacy) and I don't feel sad anymore. Would much much rather have Ridley at this point though, maybe the owner would be willing to take a chance and trade him in that league. also considering a trade of a WR/TE (I have D.T., Nelson, Colston, J. Cameron, and G. Jennings) for Demarco Murray, but don't know if I want to get shit on by the inevitable injury unless I'm sure it's worth it.

You know.. after all my teams struggles I've decided to screw the RB position. In my brothers draft I decided to go with the best player available and it turns out hes fucking dominating since I drafted a bunch of WRs that don't care about what the opponents do. Cruz, Megatron and Andre Johnson(IN A 3 wr, 2 RB league) with Mike Williams, Vincent Brown(Chargers) and Hakeem Nicks in the bench. Hes been destroying teams including week 1 boldin and Demarius Thomas, and week 2 Mike Wallace with Finley and Rodgers at QB. I looked through his league and damn most WR cores include only 1 big name to his 3. His RBs are Frank Gore(5th round) and McFadden(I forget).

Screw RB, the way this league is going a trio of number 1 WRs rape everyone. And yes I also drafted Graham meaning hell get 4000 receiving yards minimum from that group.

Last edited:
Considering offering MJD + Demaryius Thomas for Marshawn Lynch. Considering Lynch's huge game Sunday night, is this even a viable offer anymore?
Here's the relevant parts of our teams:

Mine:
RB: Charles, MJD, Le'veon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR/TE: Thomas, Colston, Nelson, Cameron, Jennings

His:
RB: Lynch, Steven Jackson, Pierce, McFadden
WR/TE: Hilton, Bowe, Jimmy Graham, Denarius Moore, Lance Moore

He offered me McFadden for DT 1 for 1 hehe, so I don't think he'd bite. Maybe I'm still foolish for believing in MJD, but I think it's a pretty fair trade for both sides.

edit: Jackson's going to be out for 2-4 weeks, so I doubt he'd trade his only good running back considering MJD is also hurt. Oh well.

Last edited:

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ah, back in first place in Smogon League B with team autodraft. Granted, this team is not nearly as ridiculous as last season's team, so I don't expect to be here for long (Roddy White, Ray Rice, bleh). Also 2-0 in my money league, so I am pretty happy about that.

I'm 0-2 in my leagues. My stars are underperforming, but I've got some great matchups for my starters and my back ups.

I'm trying to pick up Robert Turbin real hard right now. What do you guys thing of Tyrell Pryor/Sam Bradford?

Also, do any of you guys have any subscriptions to FF sites that they'd be willing to share the user/pass with me?

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Barely behind fabbles with an auto draft team. The baton is being taken.

Also in a money league, PPR, I'm trying to do a straight up trade Vernon Davis for David Wilson. I figure its only a matter of time until Wilson finally gets it right and blows up, because the rest of the Giants backfield is so terrible and I may as well get him while his value is low.

http://puu.sh/4uB6i.png is my entire team for those concerned. Its a 12 team league (I know my team is stacked dont ask how drew brees and julio fell to me.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Someone in my money league just offered me Larry Fitzgerald and Doug Martin for Trent Richardson... do they know something that I don't? (I know Richardson just got traded to Indy)

went from having a pretty strong RB core of Jackson/Bush/Sproles/Bradshaw/D. Williams in league C to losing Jackson, probably losing Bush, and Bradshaw being replaced.

fukk

Someone in my money league just offered me Larry Fitzgerald and Doug Martin for Trent Richardson... do they know something that I don't? (I know Richardson just got traded to Indy)
take that trade in a heartbeat. Richardson might become a top 5 back, but Martin's floor/ceiling are about as high and Fitz is well worth it. it's a definite overreaction on the other guy's part.

Hehe I just traded David Wilson and Antonio Gates for Darren McFadden in one of my leagues. The guy originally offered me Cecil Shorts for Gates, (Brent Celek and Brandon Pettigrew are his TEs) so I countered with Gates/Wilson. I think I got a steal considering how bad Wilson looks and how good Gates has looked. Jimmy Graham is my TE so Gates had little value to my team.

I also picked up Colby Fleener in 3 leagues including League C just to screw with the TE-needy teams. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)