Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

Need to choose 2: Jordy Nelson, Danny Amendola, Jordan Reed, Jordan Cameron

Leaning Nelson (lots of targets, even with the backups) and Amendola (Carolina has a great front 7 = fewer runs and more short passes), but Jordan Reed in a possible shootout against Philly is enticing too. Any thoughts?

well it went through.

it's very close in this league, with 3 at 7-3 and 2 at 6-4, which is why everybody is fine with my stupidity. T_T

hope it pays off.

if Gronk goes out i might kill somebody.

EDIT:
ok here's my money league (7-3)

here's my fun league (PPR) (6-4)

Last edited:

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so this week in my rl league i moved up to the second highest scorer for the year (in a 13 team league) and fell to 4-6, eliminating me from the playoffs... fuck this shitty game :(

at least im in first in last minute smogon....

i need Gronk to get 41 points.

if that happens, i move into a 2 way tie for 1st.

if not, then i fall to a 3 way tie for 2nd.

:/

look at all those missed projections. im about to lose to a guy that literally had peyton hillis as his rb2.

So after this week in League B imma have the 2nd highest points scored with about 1260, but over 1360 points against (most in the league x.x) so no chance of playoffs at 4-7 (assuming deangelo williams gets over 2 points)
at least im winning my money league ;o

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
DeAngelo Williams almost didn't get 2 points lol, unfortunately he got up to 3 in the 4th quarter. But that means I'm still 2nd in scoring heh.

Kind of regretting my Welker for Bush trade because now I have Bush, Rice, Pierre Thomas, Zac Stacey, and DMC (not really a factor anymore). But hopefully I continue to guess right on Harry Douglas vs Roddy White for my lineups.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You think that's bad I get the wonderful scenario of picking between Charles, Knowshon, Stacey, Ben Tate and DMC in my 3 WR/2 RB league :/

Its a wonderful situation until Charles and Knowshon underperform while Tate overperforms...

And Peyton does poorly while Alex Smith does well...

And the receiving corps of Marshall / D-Jax / Garcon shit the bed with Douglas and Boldin on the bench...

How the fuck do you underperform by 40 points v_v

edit: oh yeah and fuckin Jordan Reed goes down to injury, first Jermaine Gresham, now Reed. This on the team that's scored the third highest point total and went 1-3 through the first four weeks due to having the most points scored against.

/endrant

In other news the League C playoff picture just got extremely interesting. spots 2-4 are essentially up for grabs with 2 and 3 losing this week to go to 8-3, 4/5/6 all winning to go to 6-5 and my team with the outside shot at 5-6. First and third are pretty much in, first by record, third by strength of remaining schedule (really easy) but every other relevant team, #2 and #4-7 all play each other at least twice over the remaining few weeks, so there's a ton of room for movement.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hell no, never trade a legitimate player for a defense, even if that player seems to be declining. Cards defense has been scoring pretty well but you can play matchups with defenses so an elite D is not required.

Hell no, never trade a legitimate player for a defense, even if that player seems to be declining. Cards defense has been scoring pretty well but you can play matchups with defenses so an elite D is not required.
that's what i was thinking!

i'm not a complete moron! :D

ok now:

my RB situation is AP/Mathews/Woodhead/MJD and i'm trying to get Donald Brown off waivers.

Gronk is my only TE, and if something happens to him i'd be in trouble (trying to get Delanie Walker off waivers).

should i counter MJD for Antonio Gates?

the guy has shown interest in this trade before...

what happened to Cameron?

and yeah, try to get Walker. But a backup TE isn't anywhere near as important as having multiple quality backup RBs

so my wife is in a FF league with a bunch of her girlfriends (she doesn't know or care about football at all), and i've been managing her team for her (7-4).

this past week i almost choked when i saw that the chick she was up against was 10-0.

that's just fucking insane.

her team is good, but not THAT good. and the week before she managed to win with 68 points. so this was like, the luckiest thing i've ever seen in my life.

my wife beat her, and she got texts from half the league thanking her and telling her how amazing she is and how glad they were that she knocked that girl off her pedestal.

was nuts.

Man, bye weeks are still starting to hurt. It's not helping that I only have two viable RBs in Moreno and McCoy. I'm might drop a another game this week in League D. If anyone wants to make a trade hit me up. I have some pretty solid WRs. I'm Victorious Secret in Angel Bunni or League D.

Stallion, its a 12 team league.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)