Smogon IRC Channel Directory

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If my little #lol channel is being put in can #smogcraft be as well for all general minecraft related discussion and information about the smogon minecraft server as well.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I moved this to the Smogon IRC forum because it's a lot more applicable here. If one of the AOps wants to take control of this OP and finish it up quick, they're more than welcome.

If you want a channel to be added, check with the owner first, and then you can write a description for it. If you have anything to add to the current descriptions, that would be appreciated as well.

jrp

Banned deucer.
birkal do you mind if I just merge the auth list with this thread's descriptions

#pokemon

Edit: Just testing the code, looking for a quick link to the mIRC. If no one is going to finish the front I wouldn't mind doing it.

Last edited:
#warau is more or less the /b/ of #smogon, except with less CP and more CK.

Last edited:

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
lol damn this thread is out of date
i'll clean it up at the end of the week or something, or maybe we can just lock this one and make a new one

not really sure whether or not social channels should be on the list (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/purpose-of-the-appeals-forum.3480823/ - this forum is mainly for the "semi official" channels referenced in aldaron's post, that list is also probs a bit out of date) but staff nerds will discuss it soon

updating this now because this shit needs to get done. if you think any additional channels should be added / removed feel free to comment, i'm sure i missed a lot of things that needed to be changed as i did this on a whim.

Channels Added:
  • #xyuu
  • #xyqc
  • #safari
  • #smogdota
  • #doubles
Channels Removed:
  • #battlecap (dead)
  • #fighting (dead)
  • #genvuu (replaced with xyuu)
  • #shinx (dead)
  • #dw (what's a dw?)
  • #smogon and #warau (mostly dead and shouldnt be mentioning these two channels in a directory anyways as they are older social channels)
  • #vgc (dead and no longer smogon supported)

Last edited:
Since the battle finder is still down and the forums i find a bit iffy for setting up battles would it be ok to set up an irc for battles? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about it but in my experience i find irc one of the better ways of setting up a battle. If someone has already had this idea and it has been dismissed or approved that i dont know of i apologize.

Since the battle finder is still down and the forums i find a bit iffy for setting up battles would it be ok to set up an irc for battles? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about it but in my experience i find irc one of the better ways of setting up a battle. If someone has already had this idea and it has been dismissed or approved that i dont know of i apologize.
Keep that in #safari. I don't think there would be enough interest for a separate channel just for searching for wifi battles.

Keep that in #safari. I don't think there would be enough interest for a separate channel just for searching for wifi battles.
Well i am in safari and there isn't a massive amount of people to battle but , i'll take it as a no but if the problem is interest i could take it upon myself to try it out and get dissapointed. Thanks anyways

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
idk why fate didnt want #grammar in there but it really helps the analyses writers to get a hold of us when they need to :x

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
#grammar is no longer secret

#grammar is the official channel of the Smogon Grammar-Prose Team. You can use it if you want to request that someone look over your analysis, are curious about any changes made in a GP check, or want to ask about learning to be a part of the Grammar-Prose team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)