smogon irl

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I go to a VERY nerdy school, where I could find a group of people in any dorm, talking about magic, ygo, sc2, dota, lol. Most people ive talked to about mons have actually heard about vgc smogon showdown and the like but are just casual players and dont have much desire in being as hardcore into mons as how smogon/nb think about, think 1100-1300 elo. They don't tend to be aware of the metagame, hazards, etc. to think in terms of competitive mon battling, so I just end up randbatting them whenever we decide to play.

Ive happened to meet some peope irl via smogon and one case of knowing the person irl already and finding out they go on smogon, but with just one exception, I have not actively talked/hung out with these people mostly because we tend to have lives independent of each other and that's been more of a priority. If our paths happen to cross, I'm down to grab lunch or something, but it's more likely that life happens.

my neighbor in college freshman year was aura guardian, I go to uni with and hung out with pwnemon, there are a bunch of others at UMD but I'm never going to meet them, I've spent the night at augusts house, and I met a bunch at worlds and will see them / new faces at worlds this year. It's cool having irl experiences with your online friends as it just cements the reality of the relationship as opposed to it being relatively anonymous

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
CaptKirby The Wise has recently informed me that I go to the same school as Jumpman. I've never knowingly met him nor actually interacted with him online, but at least that means I'm not the only Smogoner here o_o

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this is a cool thread!!

i've met a fair number of smogoners now, and oddly more from the us than the uk?? it's always a ton of fun

cookie, fishy, dm, fish, lee, sd, thevalkyries...

i'm now certain there are more and i've forgotten and will offend someone zzz

i have to say i do still rly want to have the "pokemon meetup experience"; a vgc event, loads of new faces, and with that competitive element. i'm always super envious looking at photos from those

this is a cool thread!!

i've met a fair number of smogoners now, and oddly more from the us than the uk?? it's always a ton of fun

cookie, fishy, dm, fish, lee, sd, thevalkyries...

i'm now certain there are more and i've forgotten and will offend someone zzz

i have to say i do still rly want to have the "pokemon meetup experience"; a vgc event, loads of new faces, and with that competitive element. i'm always super envious looking at photos from those
boston 2015

I met Smogoners before it was cool but ever since VGC became a thing it's no longer special :(((

jk meeting people is awesome

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I live in bum fuck Iowa I would be stunned to find out someone from my town uses smogon

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
mcgraw/reno/toothache/am/joel/az/fishy/firestorm/dozz/dm/fish (in that order)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I met Smogoners before it was cool but ever since VGC became a thing it's no longer special :(((

jk meeting people is awesome
I still can't fucking believe we never found each other in DC last year, I mean come ON fukken Mekkers

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
From what I know, I'm the only relevant Smogonite in my city, but this city has a bunch of VGC/OU players, but being VGC they're mostly console players, only occasionally using PS to show off their shitty OU replays. It would be pretty neat to meet some Smogonites, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)