Finals Smogon Premier League IX - Finals [Won by the Wi-Fi Wolfpack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
grats guy, was rooting for you too!

impressed by kekto's uprising and fear's tournament, good stuff to you too Soulwind, you were better than ever and you clutched an important dpp game, hope that hotness carries you in Individuals as well

Bushtush

Banned deucer.
Congratz Wolfpack. Both teams were amazing, really incredible runs by both teams, both deserved this win more than anything. Just wanna use this post as a reminder that Anti died for this and should be given a trophy. This is no joke, TD's and higher auth make this happen. I will stake my life.

#TrophyForAnti

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i did thank my helpers earlier, but i believe one of them in particuliar deserves a bigger post.

MrAldo before the season even began, I knew we could have encountered problems while building, seeing as ABR, Anti, Tony, Rozes and I didn't know much about the nuances of building in RU. I wanted someone to tell us what was good with what and so on. While we did have the presence of that col49 guy in our chat as well before SPL mids, he wasn't as active as I wanted the help to be. We really needed a RU goon to help us move on throught tier shifts and all that shit.

That's where you come in and, honestly, I talk for the whole team here : you are a beast. I was so happy to see that Cynde knew you as well, which helped us have a easier time making the team accept you into the RU and social channels. It was a blast to have you with us the whole way my dude. ABR and Tony wouldn't had been able to make some of their masterpieces without your insights. I dedicate my trophy to you buddy.

i feel bad for some of my friends on the raiders, but if anyone's feeling down about the loss u just need to take a leaf out of tony's book

lost his first 2 finals, but he never gave up and just kept getting stronger to take it on his third try. what a man!

congrats to tony and the lads u deserve it

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Thanks for my team for carrying me through. I really am not in a position to give much shoutouts, so I’ll keep it short and keep the soppy personalized messages to the PMs.

Thanks to the OU, old gen core. The established tournament goons. The power core. The whole lot. I didn't have the opportunity to make too much personal interactions for the some of you from euro timezone, which was really unfortunate. Still, you inspired me with your approach, being so highly acclaimed yet prepping out of their mind and making all the right calls, and playing their heart out sometimes even from untenable matchups or frustrating rng.

Shoutouts to the players who were mere unprovens going into the tournament, proving themselves by putting the team on the back when it mattered and proving the doubters wrong. I'm really happy you guys got to show off your skills and I have no doubts you'll take it even further in the coming years no matter what put your mind to.

Shoutouts to all the active chat presence, including all the outside helpers. It was a lot of fun interacting with you all, really, and what really kept me emotionally invested in the tail end of the tournament. I know that many of you were the heart and soul of the team.

Thanks The Idiot Ninja , shiloh , Paraplegic , and sam-testings for all your help in the channel I desperately needed, and thanks to everyone who playtested with me outside of the channel, including auray, kylecole, sam, frania, mizu, demantoid, lilly, edu, and many more.

Finally, big thanks to TonyFlygon and ABR for sharing this tournament experience the last two tournaments, and + anti having the faith in me to draft me here. I’m sorry I weighed the team down, but it feels good to know I didn’t stand in the way of y’all finally earning the trophy you really deserved. Thank you for the experience. It was really fun.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)