Finals Smogon Premier League X - Finals [Won by the Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
I'm not one to pubicly gas all the dudes on my team and already posted something to my teammates already. I do wanna give some massive thanks to all the people instrumental to the ruiners success. I rushed these as fuck but you should know what I think anyways just wanted to put it into words!

It all started with this:

Lavos - bro when we got denied the manager spot I was really upset. I really thought we would be able to draft the winning team and dominate spl. well... we kinda did that? I'm really glad I convinced you to hop on after cs and snaga asked to retain me. *slurps* You are the best player on smogon rn, undoubtedly. 12-1 into a 4-0 playoffs.. the first person to hit 12 wins and beat the same person 3 times in a row (without the bot ofc). We both had so many breaking points this season and I'm really glad we stuck it out and dominated playoffs together. Time to destroy east now too :HIPPODUDE:

Pearl - everyone else doing shoutouts is gonna say shit like "you didn't end the season well but that's ok" but I literally don't care at all about that. You were just as important to management as me and lavos (LOL fuck u cs and snaga) and you were the only one really keeping it together through all our bumps along the way. You were one of the best teammates I've ever teamed with and always supported everyone and talked in every chat. I knew if I (somehow lol) lost to blunder you woulda destroyed poek anyways

ChillShadow snaga - thanks for approaching me before spl started. I really wasn't planning on playing nu in spl or even play in spl but you guys did basically everything you could have possibly done for us and it's always great to make fun of both of you

Kory2600 undisputed Jytcampbell - you 3 had absolutely 0 obligation to help or support us but I'm very thankful you guys stuck around. great friends and great players. we would have liked to win the trophy with you two but hey maybe in snake draft with the #1 Smogon Snake Draft Anticipator?

Finchinator Sabella TDK ABR dice z0mOG - jesus I added your numbers up and I got 14278 with the 4 most being split among finch tdk abr and sab. sab was the first to offer to join our chat and he offered infinite help to our sm ou guys, glad to add another trophy to the monotype gang. dice helped stop us from using completely dogshit teams (ok in old gens we have no explanation for oras) always respected you in old gens. big shouts to finch tdk and abr for being very active in that one team we talked to like 2 am for some reason lmao and bumped the line count. finch for always being active and offering advice, and tdk and abr thanks for supporting pearl in the tiebreak. lookin at the team xray showed us after they lost it def woulda won I think so bop.

TonyFlygon - ngl you roasted me as fuck during the manager sign-ups and that kinda set me back a bit. rn I'm glad that you guys ended up rejecting us because lavos and I went and won the whole thing together while playing. Kinda a meme shoutout but thanks lmao

thanks to every1 that helped me test and prep, notably Kushalos Garay oak and banks kush literally built my last 2 playoff teams and garay and banks always had words for me or tests

thanks to everyone who kept hyping up the ruiners, it was honestly a great feeling and kept us pumped. until wcop ;-)

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
I don't know where to start, and i hope this doesn't annoy too much, however i really need to write something in order to improve my mood that is underground right now. I want to begin with a sincere grats to Ruiners, you fought well and didn't lost your mind on 6-3, it's not the better team that wins, who wins is the better team. If there is something to be happy about is to see my pals Lavos and Empo with the red, you wrecked havoc.
It was an honor to be a tyrant, and my hopes were super high during main season, no matter how much i lost, my brothers kept me up and kept winning. I felt safe, i felt at home, it was all i needed to turn around the awful start and pull a Roudolf from week 4 onward. I felt the greatest i have ever felt on this game, winning and getting gassed by the mates that had no clue if any switch i did was nailed or choked was beyond magic experience. Not gonna lie, after being up 6-3 i thought we had it for good, and making this post in this cringe aura is devastating, it is gonna be a long night for me to digest. At least i hope i earned my slot for the next (last for rby?) spl and proved some haters wrong. I have waited for years to get this slot and i'm overall happy with my peformance, shoutouts tyrants, i love you all loud dumbasses.

Pic of me rn trying to reach the red:

GolemSPLtrophy.png
Some small shoutouts:
GolemSPLtrophy.png

Pearl You are the one I talked with the most and where always there to speak about team choices. I created some high expectations with the first three weeks but couldn't live up to them. Still, I think my record is quite solid considering that it was the first time I played RBY in a non-live tour. You were always very encouraging which was nice.

Jimmy Turtwig Similarly as Pearl, your contributions went way beyond the tier you played in SPL. Thanks for all the help.

Lavos Do I need to say anything? 12-1 and I saw you talking in basically every tier chat I looked into.

Chill Shadow snaga Thanks for drafting me.

All the other Ruiners and supporters: I don't want to make this post unecessary long by trying to find something to write about each of you so I just address you all at once. It was nice teaming up with you, the team atmosphere was great and I enjoyed showing how bad I am at drawing in our gartic sessions (drawing pokemon and guessing them).

Now to outsiders who helped me:

Sceptross It would have been amazing being on the same team as you but sadly that didn't happen. Still it was great preparing together with you and exchanging information and ideas.
Omastar vs Nails was my idea by the way. I didn't expect him to actually do it, especially since I told him about it only a few hours before the game and I don't know if I would have dared to myself.
Anyways, your record doesn't represent your skill in the slightest and I hope you will get another chance next SPL because you deserve it. Your luck has been horrible overall. Someone should really do the !freeze calc to get "being frozen"/"hit ice attacks vs unstatused mons" and compare that for players.

Lusch Being a RBY and SPL veteran, it was great talking with you. I don't think I need to explain much. Thanks for your help.

Maya Chansey You are an "under the radar"-player as you haven't played in that many forum tours. You still have plenty experience with RBY and if you are dedicated and care enough, you have lots of potential. Thanks for the test games.

Just wanted to say, this was one of the the most exciting SPL's I've seen in a while. Shoutouts to the Tyrants, y'all run was truly remarkable, and I can tell y'all had fun with it.

Congratulations to the Alpha Ruiners. Glad to see some of my favorite players in Lavos, Pearl, Lax, and Empo with red pixel's. Down 6-3, back against the wall, just to tie it and win it all goes to show that you should never give up. This series was very inspiring. We say God's Plan in the chat, well, this was God's Plan. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)