Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - April 2009

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, DS Azelf is just too amazing to pass it of :p
I'd take Dual Screen Alakazam over Azelf anyday. Being faster than Azelf and being able to Encore the SR of pretty much any other lead I feel is more helpful than being able to Explode every once in a while.

Thanks Doug, these make for great reading.

I'd take Dual Screen Alakazam over Azelf anyday. Being faster than Azelf and being able to Encore the SR of pretty much any other lead I feel is more helpful than being able to Explode every once in a while.

Plus, it loves Infernape Fake Outs as well (though they do hurt.)

Thanks for the stats, Doug.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cresselia is on the decline, 44th in usage and not too much higher than 50. Come July will we see Cresselia in UU?

Too bad, Alakazam doesn't stop the actual rocks. Sucks to have Salamence, Gyarados, Zapdos, etc take 25%or any damage each time they switch in. Although Alakazam is faster, it does not have Stealth Rock and overall better defenses to better set up screens.

Anyways, since Donphan will be UU. I really want to try it. I see great potential.

Cresselia is on the decline, 44th in usage and not too much higher than 50. Come July will we see Cresselia in UU?
The high number of battles this month can be deceiving when you look at the statistics. Cresselia went up from 45th to 44th last month, but has a lower percentage than last month.

Did Scizor decrease its usage drastically? It makes a fine counter to certain Pokemon, but I guess that Porygon 2 is assuming that role.

Great stats as usual, Doug. :)

Just felt compelled to ask this, there are 493 different Pokemon, yet there are 505 entries in unrated battles... Even the Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin alternate formes would not push the number of Pokemon up to 505, how is this possible?

Great stats as usual, Doug. :)

Just felt compelled to ask this, there are 493 different Pokemon, yet there are 505 entries in unrated battles... Even the Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin alternate formes would not push the number of Pokemon up to 505, how is this possible?
I think you're forgetting the Deoxys and Wormadam forms, so that may account for the difference.

493 + 2 Alt Wormadams + 3 Alt Deoxys + 1 Alt Giratina + 1 Alt Shaymin + 5 Alt Rotom = 505 Pokemon

so it appears that scizoruse is still not going down. even though it is too weak to be banned to ubers it has still been put to the top just because of 2 moves. sometimes i use a gimmick umbreon to counter it with mean look/hp fire/torment so it completly screws 95% of all ou scizors.

most scizor don't run max (or close to max speed), therefore they lose most speed ties to empoleon. it won't be able to superpower empoleon before empoleon subs into petaya range.

also rotom-h resists every one of scizor's main attacks except pursuit (which aren't used on swords dance scizor, and i rarely see CB scizor), and has will-o-wisp and overheat to stop it.

Zapdos is a really good counter. so is hp fire magnezone, etc.

scizor is slow, so decently fast pokemon that don't take much from bullet punch will prevent its sweep.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender

Azelf is way better than Alakazam for a lot of reasons.

Behind Screens, Azelf can survive 2 Meteor Mashes and 1 Bullet Punch from max Attack Adamant Metagross, so it can get the Reflect, Taunt the next move, get the Light Screen, AND Stealth Rock.
Azelf is 3HKOd by Heatran's Naive Fire Blast behind Screens.
Azelf can survive a Jolteon's Signal Beam even without Screen.
Azelf can survive 2 Pursuits from 252 Adamant CB Tyranitar behind Reflect.

So overall Azelf is a better screener than Alakazam ;p

Yanmega was moved to UU for lack of use. Some people think Donphan should be UU for lack of use underneath Yanmega.

So am I okay and asking why all the Rotom formes minus Heat being considered for UU? Yanmega(52) had 3.01% usage, while the Rotom-W (the highest Rotom Forme after Rotom-H) is at 1.82%(67) usage.

Rotom-C is at 1.3% (77), Rotom-F is .77%(111), Rotom-S is at .48%(137).

If those four aren't UU, I don't know what UU is apparently. And I guess you could say that they are too strong for UU, but then again, we won't know until we try.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yanmega was moved to UU for lack of use. Some people think Donphan should be UU for lack of use underneath Yanmega.

So am I okay and asking why all the Rotom formes minus Heat being considered for UU? Yanmega had 3.01% usage, while the Rotom-W (the highest Rotom Forme after Rotom-H) is at 1.82% usage.

Rotom-C is at 1.3%, Rotom-F is .77% Rotom-S is at .48%.

If those four aren't UU, I don't know what UU is apparently. And I guess you could say that they are too strong for UU, but then again, we won't know until we try.
Rotom-A for OU is calculated by adding all of the uses of the different appliances together, so it's still OU.

Besides, there's no analysis page for them anyway.

So am I okay and asking why all the Rotom formes minus Heat being considered for UU? Yanmega had 3.01% usage, while the Rotom-W (the highest Rotom Forme after Rotom-H) is at 1.82% usage.

Rotom-C is at 1.3%, Rotom-F is .77% Rotom-S is at .48%.

Wasn't there a Policy Review thread that said that Smogon considers the Rotom formes all to be one Pokemon (and the regular Rotom to be different)?

EDIT: I found it here.

I still don't know why people use joke NFEs on the ladders. Do they think they're funny? They're not-- just an easier win for the opponent.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I still don't know why people use joke NFEs on the ladders. Do they think they're funny? They're not-- just an easier win for the opponent.
Who knows what they're thinking.. It's like the team I faced the other day. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey. I'm serious, it was that bad.

Who knows what they're thinking.. It's like the team I faced the other day. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey. I'm serious, it was that bad.
Was it on the standard ladder or the unrated one? At least the unrated one would make some sense, for people might assume that "NU" is "the tier where you can use Caterpie and win".

I'm surprised that the person you fought didn't have Focus Sash Rattata. . .

The leads I most often see on Wifi, on a more serious note, are Metagross, Jirachi, and Azelf, with the occasional Aerodactyl. It's similar to Shoddy statistics on that regard.

Electivire still has a following on Wifi too. They've been in both battles I've had today (Wifi people work at a slower pace, since it takes a while to get a battle), and are occasionally in other battles I have. They usually die without doing too much, though.

The main difference between Wifi and Shoddy is that Dusknoir is a lot more common on Wifi, due to the lack of Rotom. This also makes Rapid Spinning more viable.

This is speculation, to be sure, but I think the reason Scizor is above Salamence is because it gives more team support. Scizor can work as a bulky Rain Dancer, a slow U-Turner to get in a frail sweeper, or as a sweeper by itself. Having only one weakness, being a Steel type, and having an emergency priority means it can fit in on a lot of teams, while Salamence has the Ice and Rock liability. Of course, Salamence is still very threatening with its

Thanks Doug.

Was it on the standard ladder or the unrated one? At least the unrated one would make some sense, for people might assume that "NU" is "the tier where you can use Caterpie and win".
Have you ever tried using an NFE team? When you don't care about rank, it's one of the most fun things ever. Try leading with a Magikarp... and doing well! I've won a few battles with a team of Magikarp, Diglett, Ghastly, Elekid, Porygon, and Munchlax. And that's on ladder. Really try it out sometime.

The main difference between Wifi and Shoddy is that Dusknoir is a lot more common on Wifi, due to the lack of Rotom. This also makes Rapid Spinning more viable.
I love Dusknoir... It's really saved me before (even in situations where Rotom-A wouldn't have at all). I do see a lot of Starmie on WiFi.

This is speculation, to be sure, but I think the reason Scizor is above Salamence is because it gives more team support. Scizor can work as a bulky Rain Dancer, a slow U-Turner to get in a frail sweeper, or as a sweeper by itself. Having only one weakness, being a Steel type, and having an emergency priority means it can fit in on a lot of teams, while Salamence has the Ice and Rock liability. Of course, Salamence is still very threatening with its
I do think that Scizor is more of a team player, especially since CB U-Turn can give it many oppurtunities to switch in.

I really hope that Rapid Spin becomes a Move Tutor in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, then we might just get a decrease of SR leads.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmph, even with Rapid Spin being more available, it would still be a liability, as you have to get your spinner in, hope it doesn't die to the SRer, and then they can always put it back up again.

It may neuter suicide leads, but there are bulky SR leads like Swampert and Heatran who can still be effective after they've gotten up the rocks.

The best way to kill the Stealth Rock lead is to Taunt, or to kill the SR user somehow - possibly by baiting them into NOT using Stealth Rock, while having an attack that can 2hko them. Breloom leads work too, with a fast first turn Sleep or Superpower.

| Hariyama | SpAttack EV | Very Low (<50) | 2.4 |
| Hitmonlee | SpAttack EV | Low (50-100) | 1.4 |
| Kingler | SpAttack EV | Low (50-100) | 4.8 |

What the hell are people using...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)