Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Whenever I want to look up something in the pokedex, I go to the home page, select the gen, select pokemon, select search, then type in the thing I want to look up. Could we put search on the home page and every pokedex page?

Kalalokki

cybergulag
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Social Media Head
Whenever I want to look up something in the pokedex, I go to the home page, select the gen, select pokemon, select search, then type in the thing I want to look up. Could we put search on the home page and every pokedex page?
You can just start typing from the get go to search after you select the gen, the category doesn't matter.

Kalalokki

cybergulag
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Social Media Head
Selecting the gen from the main page takes you to this page:
https://www.smogon.com/rb/

You still need one more step to get to a page with search (afaik).
Oh, I assumed you meant the dex home page which is called "Strategy Pokédex" and is what you get to if you click on the Dex tab here on the forums. The alternative would honestly be to have the RB and other gen homepages on the dex directly instead, as most of the links there lead to the dex anyway, there's no real point in adding functionality to the very old infrastructure that is the main Smogon directory.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Oic, I can go straight to the dex page from the forum. Ok, aside from anything you've taken two steps off of my pokedex lookup process, so thanks for that!

Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of sub-forums/threads. I've looked through most of the categories I think, and I'm still not sure where to start, so how would I go about doing that?

Hi guys,
I have been playing pokemon for a while. however, vgc has not been fun to play anymore, i heard about the smogon community by one of the YouTube players i watch and I am very interested in playing in a new environment. I was hoping someone can help me get started in the community. Like, how do I participate?

Hi guys,
I have been playing pokemon for a while. however, vgc has not been fun to play anymore, i heard about the smogon community by one of the YouTube players i watch and I am very interested in playing in a new environment. I was hoping someone can help me get started in the community. Like, how do I participate?
Hey, Welcome to smogon! The best way (or at least the way I got involved) in the Smogon community was just by joining a tiers discord and talking a lot to people. Being active and participating in forum projects and metagame discussion threads also helps. This is just it at a basic level and someone else can probably elaborate more on it, but if you want you can DM me either here or on discord (Aiyaru#8851) and we can chat more about how to get involved.

Reactions: BP

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderator
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of sub-forums/threads. I've looked through most of the categories I think, and I'm still not sure where to start, so how would I go about doing that?
Just keep browsing the different subforums, and if you've seen one you don't recognize (sometimes there will be subforums hidden in other forums) click on it and explore it. There will generally be a written explanation of what a forum is all about, either within the pinned rules thread or in a pinned FAQ thread. If you find a forum you really like, then you'll naturally keep going to it, and eventually as you "lurk" and read a bunch of posts you'll get a sense for the culture of the forum and which posts fly and which don't. Once you've lurked enough you'll know what's right to post, and you can start contributing as long as you're not just throwing out one liners (don't be apprehensive or stressed that you have to write a literary classic every time, just don't make substanceless posts)

"Browse/lurk more and then post when you want to" might not seem like the most helpful piece of advice but I promise it's the only correct one. hope you have fun browsing the forums

Last edited:
how can you get moderator approval to post a new thread?
Like if i wanted to create a thread in the LC forum, would i just DM coconut or someone?

Quick question... Does anyone know the link to that one website where i can see the most used pokemon in each gamemode and who each pokemon is best paired with?? I believe it's a website with a white background.

(I hope someone knows what i'm talking about lol)

Quick question... Does anyone know the link to that one website where i can see the most used pokemon in each gamemode and who each pokemon is best paired with?? I believe it's a website with a white background.

Nvm I found it... I was thinking of porydex

There are smogon usage stats: https://www.smogon.com/stats/
You can see the most used Pokémons, their set and teammates in the tier you want to.

I believe there is also Pikalytics and maybe you are refearring to that, so check those both

Neko

Fleeing Light
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello everybody,

What do you think about creating a tier in which all pokémon would be sustainable (from NFE to "Uber BL").

We would have to create a system similar to that of a draft with a point value associated with each pokémon and a limited number of points per team.

In order to eliminate the top tier and balanced the meta, we could make regular updates in which we would change the value of the pokémon according to their use rate and win rate.

I await your opinions

Suggestion: have the new sprite avatars mentioned or announced on the News window on PS!

There is always new batches of avatars showed in this thread and I believe more people would know about them and their creators if they were mentioned somewhere in the News window on PS! I wish to see more people use them around the sim!

Kalalokki

cybergulag
Social Media Head
Can you get banned for insulting smogon mods outside of smogon?
You don't really get banned for doing it here usually, mostly just infracted for it if anything. I guess it depends how outside of typical Smogon spaces it is, but we're generally not witch hunting users over it unless it's very heinous. Do it at your own risk ig.

Theia

Belle of the brawl
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
PS Admin
Suggestion: have the new sprite avatars mentioned or announced on the News window on PS!

There is always new batches of avatars showed in this thread and I believe more people would know about them and their creators if they were mentioned somewhere in the News window on PS! I wish to see more people use them around the sim!
HI I saw this suggestion and then I just totally forgot to respond to it.

tldr yeah I'm totally fine doing this, it shouldn't be a big deal at all to tack them onto the end of already existing and scheduled posts and of course would love to give more recognition to the creators of PS' amazing avatars :)

Sorry for the stupid question, but is there a way to change my username here on the forum? I apologise in advance if this is already stated somewhere and I couldn't find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)