Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hello, I was wondering if there is a section here to ask for help, similar to the Battling 101 section, where i can get someone to aid me a bit in learning to think more competitive battling. I currently cannot use skype or really any form of communication other then text based, therefore i didn't bother to apply in Battling 101, any help?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I was wondering if there is a section here to ask for help, similar to the Battling 101 section, where i can get someone to aid me a bit in learning to think more competitive battling. I currently cannot use skype or really any form of communication other then text based, therefore i didn't bother to apply in Battling 101, any help?
Welcome to smogon. If you haven't already, you could take a look at the Battling 101 Resource thread. It contains a list of useful features that could come in handy when trying to learn about metagames. You could also try the room for competitive tutoring on Pokemon Showdown, if you have general questions about battling. Or you could use the tier specific Simple questions threads, if you have questions that are specific to a metagame which you're trying to learn.

How do you put a hidden area you can show by clicking a button and hide it again? Like in RMTs people put certain things in a hidden area that you can view by clicking a button, and how do i do that? Thanks for replying!

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How do you put a hidden area you can show by clicking a button and hide it again? Like in RMTs people put certain things in a hidden area that you can view by clicking a button, and how do i do that? Thanks for replying!
[ hide ] post here [ /hide ] do not space the brackets though

ok, i get that some threads are locked for replies but i want to know all the reasons possible why that could be. its so annoying to finally find something interesting and then when i scroll down it says i cant comment even when the thread title was perfectly fine?

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
ok, i get that some threads are locked for replies but i want to know all the reasons possible why that could be. its so annoying to finally find something interesting and then when i scroll down it says i cant comment even when the thread title was perfectly fine?
Either it was locked because it had too many posts, the thread doesn't follow the forums rules and etc.

If the thread isn't locked, it's probably just that you don't have access to post on those threads. policy review are on of the example.

Conni

katharsis
where can I learn to play some of the old gens? I really like GSC/ADV/DPP but not sure where to start
You can check out the Ruins of Alph for some tips and tricks and maybe the Old Gens room on PS, you can ask people in the room for friendly advice and maybe for some tips and stuff, but you should probably check out the intro and FAQ thread of the Ruins of Alph first, as you can ask Old Gen related questions there if you have any, and the staff will be more than happy to help you.

Hello. I am a new user here. I noticed a glaring error in the security question for the signup page and I'm not sure where or who to report this to.

"What does pokemon does evolve from Vullaby?"

I apologize in advance if my first post on the site is misplaced or out of line, but I thought I'd let somebody know. I look forward to sticking around.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello. I am a new user here. I noticed a glaring error in the security question for the signup page and I'm not sure where or who to report this to.

"What does pokemon does evolve from Vullaby?"

I apologize in advance if my first post on the site is misplaced or out of line, but I thought I'd let somebody know. I look forward to sticking around.
Welcome to Smogon! No worries, this is the right place to post. Thanks for letting us know! :)

I'm fairly new here and I've been exploring some of the different subforums of smogon today. I noticed that pretty much everything here is somehow related to competitive battling, not that there is anything wrong with that. I'd like to share some of my pokemon designs, but I read that CAP isn't the place for that. So yeah, I was wondering if there is a somewhat more casual subforum somewhere for people to share and discuss self-made pokemon designs or moves/items or something, or if I should search for some other type of forum entirely.

I was considering to make my pokemon design thread in the art section of the forum and slap some crappy drawings on there to make it justified there, but I'm not really sure if people would really want to discuss the actual pokemon designs then...

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm fairly new here and I've been exploring some of the different subforums of smogon today. I noticed that pretty much everything here is somehow related to competitive battling, not that there is anything wrong with that. I'd like to share some of my pokemon designs, but I read that CAP isn't the place for that. So yeah, I was wondering if there is a somewhat more casual subforum somewhere for people to share and discuss self-made pokemon designs or moves/items or something, or if I should search for some other type of forum entirely.

I was considering to make my pokemon design thread in the art section of the forum and slap some crappy drawings on there to make it justified there, but I'm not really sure if people would really want to discuss the actual pokemon designs then...
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fakemon-central.3565414/

How would you put assorted images and/or text underneath your posts? e.g. sandshrewz has a GIF of Venusaur Mega Evolving and links to such things as a teambuilder (I don't mean to put anyone on the spot :)

Hey guys and Happy Thanksgiving(apologies if you're reading this after Thanksgiving lol its 2 days before thanksgiving at the time of this post)! So I was wondering, how do you link something without putting the actual url in a message/signature, e.g. a link to someone's youtube channel saying "Youtube" in ur signature, but when ppl click on it they are sent to the person's Youtube channel, and it doesn't show a url, just text. If u could tell me the code to do that, I would definitely be thankful! :P Peace out.

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hey guys and Happy Thanksgiving(apologies if you're reading this after Thanksgiving lol its 2 days before thanksgiving at the time of this post)! So I was wondering, how do you link something without putting the actual url in a message/signature, e.g. a link to someone's youtube channel saying "Youtube" in ur signature, but when ppl click on it they are sent to the person's Youtube channel, and it doesn't show a url, just text. If u could tell me the code to do that, I would definitely be thankful! :P Peace out.
use the hyperlink

i want to find legit reliable people to do some gen7 trading with since i want to evolve my kadabra and have it returned. so where is the easiest, quickest most trustworthy place to communicate with people to do so. cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)