Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

sawamura

Elian and Lemmy are my Dirty Husband
is a Tiering Contributor
correct me if I'm wrong but they could either appeal it or they would have to wait until an infraction points expires
That is Correct. As far as I know The time granted that the request gives you is 6 months. Correct me if I am wrong

Is there a way to do a search of a specific string of characters here on the forums even when there is a space included?

For example, Let's say you want to search "solid snake" on the forums. You'll get a lot of results for Snake Draft tournament posts and also results of people saying a certain pokemon, team, core, playstyle, w/e is solid. But finding the exact combination of the words "solid snake" together would be very difficult to find.

Cheese5555

too cheesy
Puzzle Hunt Champion
Is there a way to do a search of a specific string of characters here on the forums even when there is a space included?

For example, Let's say you want to search "solid snake" on the forums. You'll get a lot of results for Snake Draft tournament posts and also results of people saying a certain pokemon, team, core, playstyle, w/e is solid. But finding the exact combination of the words "solid snake" together would be very difficult to find.
you can try using google, for example in this cause your query would be:
site:smogon.com/forums "solid snake"

xenforo's search system kind of sucks

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Live Chat Contributor
PS Admin
Wanted to ask here before submitting it to bug reports.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oublitz-1177148566-hjq6ul5n5kxyv1p05f0qmp045vgc7c2pw
Any reason Coalossal didn't outspeed venusaur turn 5?
The coalossal was max speed.
After checking the input log (basically debug log so I can see exact teams), you aren't max speed. You have a neutral nature and less than 252 EVs (exact amount redacted so I don't leak your EV spread).

Enough to the point where this is not a bug, venasaur was faster.

After checking the input log (basically debug log so I can see exact teams), you aren't max speed. You have a neutral nature and less than 252 EVs (exact amount redacted so I don't leak your EV spread).

Enough to the point where this is not a bug, venasaur was faster.
Weird, ok, idk why my opp lied about it tho lol

Lilburr

oíche shamhna shona duit!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
adding on to what oath said, here are the cores threads for some other tiers:

OU (somewhat outdated)
UU
RU doesn't have one :(
NU doesn't either, but it has something - NU Archetype Cores!
PU
LC (tiny bit dated)
Nothing for Monotype, but due to the nature of the tier, the viability rankings should suffice.
National Dex OU (tiny bit dated)

Other metagames like ZU and 1v1 unfortunately do not have anything, but I hope this helps you find the one you're looking for!

sawamura

Elian and Lemmy are my Dirty Husband
is a Tiering Contributor
Where can I find the cores page for each tier?
You can Search in the Competitive Tier and Check Each one. Doubles ou Have one But outdated. Also You can see the Viality Ranking and look the analysis where here you can See The partner and you can Build From There

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Live Chat Contributor
PS Admin
View attachment 274001
What are the last two buttons for?
Server Registration is detailed here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-contacting-upper-staff.3538721/#post-6227638 Its for users who know how to program and host their own pokemon showdown server and want it registered with us. I will make this clear now as well: We do not host servers for you, don't ask.

The Tournament Discord Moderator Application form is no longer used iirc, but it was used to see who was interested in joining the moderation team for the tournament's discord server.

Hello everyone. Brand new to smogon. Apologies if this is the incorrect place to post. Looking for assistance in getting started. Been playing wifi battles for a few months now and looking to improve my game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)