Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Is there any way to definitively tell if a pokemon game from Fire Red vs/ Leaf Green? I got a blastoise sittin in my box but I dont know what game its from.

Hey, so I decided to play Emerald, and I've always wanted to own a shiny Pokemon in that game. So I decided I want to RNG it, since the internal battery died. However, since I can't upload it, is there still a way to find my SID in that game? Or do I have to start a new one? I read all the stuff that's already published on this site about it, but I still haven't found a concrete way of finding my SID yet...It's 28522, if anyone can help me find it...

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, so I decided to play Emerald, and I've always wanted to own a shiny Pokemon in that game. So I decided I want to RNG it, since the internal battery died. However, since I can't upload it, is there still a way to find my SID in that game? Or do I have to start a new one? I read all the stuff that's already published on this site about it, but I still haven't found a concrete way of finding my SID yet...It's 28522, if anyone can help me find it...
Have you read this? Gonna tag NixHex since he wrote the article

Okay, im really new here I bassicly need a starter guide of what ubers are what your not allowed to use, rules and stuff bassicly a 50 line paragraph about smogon and what you can do and cant do, and if like how to get into tournements , what pokemon you should use and stuff please do it thx!! :3

Minus

Okay, im really new here I bassicly need a starter guide of what ubers are what your not allowed to use, rules and stuff bassicly a 50 line paragraph about smogon and what you can do and cant do, and if like how to get into tournements , what pokemon you should use and stuff please do it thx!! :3
This should help

Minus

wait is there like a page where its only battles for ubers cuz i know what ubers are. so is there a specific page to fight with ubers?
Errr....You can try Pokemon Showdown, Smogon's online simulator and check out the Ubers subforum here. I'm not entirely sure about what you mean.

Minus

Hey thanks! can you find me a victini gif cuz I was searching and uploading them and they said they werent the correct size -_- thx!
just look on tumblr or something, I'm sort of busy right now.

Minus

Damn, I want a badge ): what is a badge that I could easily get? lol
Pre-Contributor is the easiest to get. You can get it by posting meaningfully to a subforum, finishing about 5-7 analyses, grammar checking about 40 analyses, rating teams, and much much more. Keep in mind, it usually takes about 2-3 months to get a pre-contributor badge.

Is there a place for the pokemon teams equivalent of lolking, dotafire, or mtggoldfish? Browsing forums and reading articles for team lists is okay but I guess I'm looking for more concise and structured pokemon team list guides.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there a place for the pokemon teams equivalent of lolking, dotafire, or mtggoldfish. Browsing forums and reading articles for team lists is okay but I guess I'm looking for more concise and structured pokemon team lists.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, I have never heard of those terms regarding pokemon. Can you explain?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I have never heard of those terms regarding pokemon. Can you explain?
To give an example,
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#online
This is for the card game, Magic the Gathering, so it lists the most common decks in recent tournaments, how popular they are in the metagame, and what cards make up the deck (all in a nice UI :P).

So I guess I'm looking for the pokemon equivalent, which would be a page with list of the most common pokemon teams, how popular it is on showdown, and each of the mon's sets. I'm new to competitive pokemon but played a bunch of other competitive games and found resources like these really helpful.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To give an example,
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#online
This is for the card game, Magic the Gathering, so it lists the most common decks in recent tournaments, how popular they are in the metagame, and what cards make up the deck (all in a nice UI :P).

So I guess I'm looking for the pokemon equivalent, which would be a page with list of the most common pokemon teams, how popular it is on showdown, and each of the mon's sets. I'm new to competitive pokemon but played a bunch of other competitive games and found resources like these really helpful.
Oh, so you're looking for usage stats? Well here you go:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ge-statistics-discussion-thread-mk-2.3508502/

Ello, Im having trouble figuring out what the heck these things are.. I suppose there certain pokemon? Please explain what the stand for and what they are thx!!! ex: Ubers,UU,RU,NU,Doubles,VGC,LC,OU. Thats it please explain what these mean thx

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Ello, Im having trouble figuring out what the heck these things are.. I suppose there certain pokemon? Please explain what the stand for and what they are thx!!! ex: Ubers,UU,RU,NU,Doubles,VGC,LC,OU. Thats it please explain what these mean thx
These stand for the Smogon tiers, and they are:
OU - Overused
UU - Underused
RU - Rarelyused
NU - Neverused
Doubles are just double battles, VGC is double battles in the offical pokemon company's format, LC - Little Cup.

OU through NU are based on a pokemons usage, thats pretty much it.

I've got a good amount of XY OU experience, and have a smogon account. Now what?
I'm just wondering is it a good idea for people new to the site to just jump straight to posting in threads. I would love to get in the OU contributions and corrections thread, but since this will have been literally been my third post, I wonder if I should just start smaller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)