Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

after years of playing when I was young but never using the wifi part of pokemon, how do I find people to add to trade with? (guessing this is possibly the right place) and how do I add them? I've seen some sort of code going round, where would I add that?
Know this is mega basic to all of you but I couldn't find a google answer to it.
You can go to the Trade forums and there you can find people to trade with.

after years of playing when I was young but never using the wifi part of pokemon, how do I find people to add to trade with? (guessing this is possibly the right place) and how do I add them? I've seen some sort of code going round, where would I add that?
Know this is mega basic to all of you but I couldn't find a google answer to it.
Hey and welcome. To get friends to battle/trade you have to enter their Friend Code (FC) and In Game Name (IGN). When you open your 3ds go to "Friend List" and the first one will be you. You will see your IGN and your FC under it. Your FC will look something like this: 1234 - 1234 - 1234. If you click the orange square happy face with the plus sign you can register a friend. In this website you can find a thread for trading or battling under "Wifi."

Another way of getting friends is playing online or trading with a passerby ingame. If you do this twice with the same person I believe they will become friends.

To put your FC under your comments like how mine is you have to go to your profile and change your signature to include your FC and IGN so that people see it when you comment.

What's a deucer? I was talking to someone, and I checked and apparently he's been banned. "Banned deucer"- I wanna know what that means, especially since we traded.

In the simplest of terms, will completely resetting my pokemon games (Y/AS) have any negative impact on me as a player, when the reset is for the sake of obtaining better legendaries (Kyogre, Yveltal, legendary birds, etc.), knowing I haven't achieved much of anything in either game aside from maxed out O-powers and money?

I've not actually reset my games yet, but I'm also not touching either one of them (nor any of the pokemon I have stored in Bank) until I know for sure, and I can't find the answer anywhere else...

In the simplest of terms, will completely resetting my pokemon games (Y/AS) have any negative impact on me as a player, when the reset is for the sake of obtaining better legendaries (Kyogre, Yveltal, legendary birds, etc.), knowing I haven't achieved much of anything in either game aside from maxed out O-powers and money?

I've not actually reset my games yet, but I'm also not touching either one of them (nor any of the pokemon I have stored in Bank) until I know for sure, and I can't find the answer anywhere else...
Well no it won't impact you as a player but, unless you put all the Pokemon you want to keep in Poké Bank, you'll lose everything. It's also just easier to have the Legendaries given to you rather then restarting the whole game just to get better ones.

Well no it won't impact you as a player but, unless you put all the Pokemon you want to keep in Poké Bank, you'll lose everything. It's also just easier to have the Legendaries given to you rather then restarting the whole game just to get better ones.
It's really a sense of "I like being able to control what I get/have" and also having multiples of everything for multiple sets. At least without resorting to illegitimate methods, which I don't feel right using.
But my biggest issue is that if I reset, I lose the Oval Charm of all things, which means if I reset both games, I need to complete at least one regional pokedex before I can resume breeding pokes as I normally would.
...probably a weird concern to have thinking on it, especially concerning all the money, items, berries, clothes, decorations, etc etc etc that have more value...
and yes I have banked everyone I wish to keep, including the likes of the pokes I use in battles, event pokes, a few pokes I was still breeding in my original games, and even trade fodder legendaries (because people really like to soak those up in the GTS for some reason...)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey.

I'm trying to make a quote book in my "information" section of my profile. I put one 'hide' tag at the beginning and at the end. I save it, then refresh it - two random tags appear, making two quote books. When I delete them, then refresh, the same thing happens.

What is going on and what is the problem?
Hey Sobi!
Would you mind posting the code? I might be of better help if I could see the code.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Right. Thank you so much for helping me with this problem. Do you know what was causing new tags to randomly appear?
I'm not exactly sure, but it's happened to me before, too. I think it's just syntax. Feel free to PM me if it happens again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)