Smogon Snake Draft III - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Want to thank my managers M Dragon and Eternal Spirit for picking me up when I was a generally unproven individual in high-level team tours. I always knew I could do it, and I did it. I don't care if people think my record was catfish or "surprising", because I get these results pretty consistently and I look forward to doing it again.

Big thanks to Alkione Osh Sam Adaam Sage Ren-chon and my other bakers for throwing fun ideas back and forth and for making sure my teams didn't have careless mistakes on them (lol)...

This was a fun season for me. I'm happy about my season and playoff performance, and think this team could've taken it all under different circumstances.

Bakers gun' bake. King RU out.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
won gg bud
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7pu-463624
too late, we bakers are out :(

Below, a long post: shorter than random predictions tho

Thanks

I would like to thank everyone in my team for being so nice and amazing (let's forget this awful week frens). I know everyone contributes to the team, but I really loved having people like Tricking , Osh and Adaam who seemed to be unstoppable while being friendly dudes.

Big shoutouts to Ren-chon and the aforementioned woatli and oshtli for making my Pu channel lively.

Also shoutouts for Ardorin and Gama, thanks for drafting me even though I kinda joined at the last moment and not very convinced, you've made a lovely team and I truly enjoyed it more than I could ever imagine.

Also can't forget Nails , every single time we were 4-5 or 5-4 in need of a tie or win, he just won the game without seeming to care at all about the immense pressure on his shoulders (special kit for tournament play: "pressure is overrated" -Nails, "mons is mons dawg"- Blarghfarghl)

Thanks King RU Kink , the 3 other Ou slots who carried us as hell, our subs, people who offered to help us, this list could go on forever.

Don't forget that anyone can beat anyone, cuz mons is mons -dawg (blargh again).

Thanks to tlenit1 and TJ too, always there to support me and pretty much all the PU talk I've had for 9 weeks was with you.

Thanks to people who I hope hated me, hate the bad circuit winner as much as you want and give a break/praise these people cuz they deserve it:
-my bud Xiri helped by tlenit going ham every week;
-SamIYam solid as usual;
-Soulgazer who started as a weird slot but did extremely well (grats to your helpers if you had any);
-False and Raiza whom I don't know much tbh but are totally solid;
-Tom who, let's be honest, nobody knows how you got drafted since you have 0 experience in PU, so don't worry about having had a bad run;
-Taskr and Teddeh the great PUers (blizzard jelli vs energyball smelyjelly, the greatest battle of all times for real);
-and rozes/kushalos, dont give a shit about PU but still win games consistently-grats to you and your amazing helper Specs.

About PU in this snake

I wish I had a better run, could have won many more games by being at 100%. No regrets tho, this pool was 100% solid. Also PU has reached an ultrabalanced state since mesprit left (that pinkie had a 100% splashability rate and only blanket checks)and tort dropped (first rocker that can not only last 2 turns vs eel but actually wall it for an entire game if spdef), p much anything is usable cuz there isnt anything broken left (or mesprit) to sweep your entire team. Meta has to develop more tho, especially towards a place infested of grass-types imo cuz that's one of the best typings in this muds/tort/eel tier. I kinda struggled to build teams that cover everything, so I really enjoyed watching replays cuz you have no idea what the players will use- the most fearsome strategies imo being: dumb toptier stacking featuring muds/eel/ape/vic stuff; torterra balance; ice spam (hail or random frostoms/cryo/aurorus). Jelli has become stupidly good too (try to find another way to beat fighting types+half the rest of the tier in one slot), primeape (best cleaner and impossible to truly check), mudsdale (best mon in the tier with eel imo, p much 0 risk using it). Underrated stuff: all kind of grass types not called bellossom. Absol and simisear, hella MU and prediction-based, but great when the opposing team isnt prepared. Overrated stuff: gurdurr, this meta sucks for it vic/muds/jelli/random sableye aww (ban gurdurr holy shit), combusken holy s*** that was fun a few months ago, now try to beat muds and jelli gl hf. I look forward to see the final state of gen7 PU, gl everyone in future PU tours, let's keep making good PU teams and show'em all how fun muds-eel-ape is and creative is this tier.

Also I hope snake replays gave an accurate picture of what competitive PU is: the quality of building and playing was 10x better than what I expected when joining, and whoever says otherwise is just bad.

Also if you are interested a bit in PU and don't know PU players -especially if you're a manager in a future tour- I encourage you to consider drafting these people (unbiased I swear) who weren' picked this time. Except TJ, you might have never heard of them:
- tlenit1 and Specs : very solid teambuilders and totally competent at playing, you might not see them much in PU tours but they did a crazy good job at supporting the leviathans and rattlers.
- TJ : idk how he wasnt drafted, but he's an established top Pu player against who I've tested the most in the past tours, 100% solid
- Urusius , Squash17 ^_^ : solid building+playing too, if you give them a chance you might be surprised the way tlenit and specs did
there are other up-and-coming PUers too, with all the knowledge you need, just lacking tourney results for now - I just haven't cared about PU for a while and don't know who is and who is not atm-. Skipkan comes to my mind, Gum too, as well as PTF: I hope I will have a chance to interact with you again in gen8!

Last words

A long post as usual with me, let's keep baking for a long time Bakers, let's bake gen8, and whatever team wins this tour, you will never know what it's like to be a baker. Jk, gl leviathans and the 2 other teams:) Bye people!

Praise the bread.

(emoji staple if you're a real baker)

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

defeated kiichikos, gg

i had a blast. thanks first to M Dragon and Eternal Spirit for trusting me to pick up a tier i've never played before (TonyFlygon can tell you that is not always a given). thanks Ezrael for being a great friend who's pretty good at this game sometimes. thanks talkingtree for being a great partner and actually believing in my teams (this is not something that comes easily to a lot of people). Tricking Osh Kink sick seasons you three. adam would've been included in that group if he didn't get frozen.

usum dou is a really cool tier. it's balanced, there's a solid amount of room for creativity, and it strikes a nice balance of aggression and control. i regret not getting into it sooner, and i'm really proud that i was able to go 6-4. i'm looking forward having to make a hard decision on whether i play rby or swsh dou in spl. if you're tryna manage the bigs (rip Stone_Cold) hmu we can chat.

go taipans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)