Smogon Tour 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eleventh season of the Smogon Tour is creeping up fast! The first Tour will be held on:

Friday, March 25th 2011

You might be thinking to yourself, "wtf Phil, that's almost two months away, why such an early warning?" Well, that's because I wanted to give everybody enough time to prepare for the new setup of the Tour! Unlike the last few seasons, we will be going back to something more like the original setup of the tour -- OU of the three most recent generations. In other words, Tour 11 will be ADV OU, DPP OU, and BW OU. We will also be going back to 9 weeks instead of 12, but top 16 will qualify for the finals again like last season. So that's that, get ready and best of luck to everybody (except people that get matched up vs me)!

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
well at least we know no one from #underused will be winning this tour hohohohohohoho, i kid

but not really

should be a good tour!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
predicting jabba if he stops sucking at adv

This could be the first legit tour since tour 6, we'll see

we should do rby gsc adv for the tour, that's way better

anyways can't wait :D
Please no, one ancient metagame that is barely played anymore is more than enough i think. Fun factor of metagames is completely subjective anyway.

Looking forward to this however!

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks cool :)
I bet 90% of people reading this are thinking "oshi, gotta learn 3rd gen" (myself included)
Why is it that gen older gens are included this time around?

Consider the fact that we don't have a UU tier yet, and at the soonest it would come out after this next suspect test, if it comes out then at all. This is gunna be a fun tour, time to learn ADV.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks cool :)
I bet 90% of people reading this are thinking "oshi, gotta learn 3rd gen" (myself included)
For other people wondering this also, it is because the tour was originally intended to crown the most consistent overall OU battler. The first few tours were RBY/GSC/ADV OU, and the only reason this trend was stopped was because when DP came out on shoddy, netbattle was dead and there was no way to play the older gens at that time, so we changed it to OU/UU/Uber.

We are simply now going back to what it was originally intended to be, because we finally can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)