Not open for further replies.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Starting Friday August 27th, there will be 3 tournaments every weekend:

Fridays - 8:00 pm Eastern
Saturdays - 4:00 pm Eastern
Sundays - 2:00 pm Eastern

You can join a maximum of two tournaments per weekend - so if you play on Friday and Saturday, you can not play Sunday. Playing throughout the 12 week tour is entirely optional - you can choose to play or not to play whenever you want.

At the times posted above, a Topic will be posted in the Tour section of the forums. All you need to do to sign up is to post "in." If you are among the first 64 / 128 users to sign up, you will be able to play. You will need to do this for every tournament you wish to play in.

Each weekend will be the same tier - starting on August 27th, the tier will be OU for that weekend. OU, UU, and Uber will be filtered in and out every three weeks. Again, if you only want to play the OU tournaments, then just wait for the week to be OU.

After you sign up, pairings will be posted in a few minutes. You are expected to contact your opponent on Shoddy battle and do the battle within 15 minutes of the posting of the pairings. You play until you lose. When you win, you will need to contact the host of the tournament (the person who posted the Topic) on Shoddybattle and tell them you won.

Hopefully this should answer a lot of questions.

Starting Friday August 27th, there will be 3 tournaments every weekend:

Fridays - 8:00 pm Eastern
Saturdays - 4:00 pm Eastern
Sundays - 2:00 pm Eastern

You can join a maximum of two tournaments per weekend - so if you play on Friday and Saturday, you can not play Sunday. Playing throughout the 12 week tour is entirely optional - you can choose to play or not to play whenever you want.

At the times posted above, a Topic will be posted in the Tour section of the forums. All you need to do to sign up is to post "in." If you are among the first 64 / 128 users to sign up, you will be able to play. You will need to do this for every tournament you wish to play in.

Each weekend will be the same tier - starting on August 27th, the tier will be OU for that weekend. OU, UU, and Uber will be filtered in and out every three weeks. Again, if you only want to play the OU tournaments, then just wait for the week to be OU.

After you sign up, pairings will be posted in a few minutes. You are expected to contact your opponent on Shoddy battle and do the battle within 15 minutes of the posting of the pairings. You play until you lose. When you win, you will need to contact the host of the tournament (the person who posted the Topic) on Shoddybattle and tell them you won.

Hopefully this should answer a lot of questions.
I just wanted to add that there are also 96 man tourneys in the tour too. Other than that, good summary Fabbles ;)

It is time that I show my potential as a Pokemon Trainer. Alright, Smogon, heave my words! I, ShedinjaGod will unveil my great, potent power! Prepare yourselves.

I want to give the suggestion of possibly getting a separate shoddy server for the tour. Since SU isn't the most desired server for a tournament because of its lag and the other commonly played server CAP has 100 slots, a new server could make it a lot easier to play. It would also make finding your opponent a lot easier.

Just a little suggestion.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Looking forward to it.
Will Shoddy Battle 2 be released publicly before this event? If it isn't and is released during the middle, will we continue to use Shoddy Battle 1 or Shoddy Battle 2 for the remainder of the tour?

Looking forward to it.
Will Shoddy Battle 2 be released publicly before this event? If it isn't and is released during the middle, will we continue to use Shoddy Battle 1 or Shoddy Battle 2 for the remainder of the tour?
If that happens we're most likely going to use Shoddy Battle 2 to continue. There won't be much differences that would affect it anyways.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh lawdy, another huge Smogon tournament. I don't have a single good team prepared for this, unfortunately. :( Better get on it!

For those of you wondering where to sign up, there will be a sign up thread each day for the tour, and it's first come first serve. You sign up every day you want to join. For example, if you want to join the August 27th tour which is day 1, you would get on here at 8 pm GMT-5 and post "in" in the sign up thread. You are good for that day, but if you want to battle the next day also, you need to sign up again when that tour starts.

Doesn't Gen 5 come out in the middle of the tourney. How will that work. Will we keep playing dpp or b&w? Sorry if this is easily answered I've only been around for gen 4 so i don't know how the transition from gen to gen works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)