| 47 | Gliscor | 3 | 0.347% | 2 | 0.294% |
| 48 | Chinchou | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
| 49 | Houndour | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
| 50 | Arceus-Rock | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
| 51 | Dwebble | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
| 52 | Scraggy | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
| 53 | Frillish | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
| 54 | Mienfoo | 1 | 0.116% | 1 | 0.147% |
Will the person responsible for making Chinchou as common as Arceus-Rock in Ubers 1337 please stand up? =)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No! Swampert can't be UU, he's too awesome in every way possible to be in a tier like that.
tbh, Swampert's throne is better deserved by Pokemon more relevant and suited for the metagame. For a tank, Swampert is 2HKOed by just about...anything.

So stuff:

• VoltTurn is still as obnoxious as ever. It's stuff like Bulk Up Breloom getting popular that makes me facepalm over and over again.
  • Oh no what is UU going to do without Donphan. Not sure I want Donphan in OU.
  • MK getting overexcited about Sigilyph. Just kidding. I'm pretty sure it'll be a good Pokemon in RU, too.
  • (Things like Stoutland getting small, albeit actual usage in 1337)
  • Down with Swampert (becauseseeing someone use it as a lead annoys me)
  • I'm all for Deoxys-D seeing usage in UU, but seriously stop using Timid 252/252.
What a cluster of work for lower tiers. It's like nothing in OU changed at all.

lol bye swampert and bronzong. No surprise that Volt-Turn was the popular strategy among the 1337 stats.
and fuck yes chansey is out of UU! donphan :(
anyway, thanks for the stats Antar!

In all seriousness, what is so good about Dugtrio? Yes, it has Arena Trap and that great speed, but it's very frail and rather weak. It needs Focus Sash, which leaves it extremely vulnerable to hazards. Why does it deserve to be OU?
simple, stick him on a drizzle team and he rapes t tar and ninetales and it's raining for the next month.

Excited to get into UU now that Chansey is gone. Swampert is a nice addition but i dont know how I feel about Bronzong there.

Oh my god there is a helluva lot of work to do in UU now :( No Donphan, so Hitmontop is going to shoot up in usage too ... guess Swampy will be fun to run I guess :/

Poliwrath has been RU (Not NU) for quite a while.
I haven't looked through the old usage stat threads but Poliwrath has been listed as RU in the smogondex and unavailable in the NU ladder for the past three months. That would be a really huge mistake.
Actually, it was mis-filed as RU in the dex. It should have been NU (it clocked in at 2.8% in RU for the previous update cycle). It's been allowed in NU on the server all along.

From this month's NU:
Code:
 | 182  | Poliwrath       | 135    |  0.480% | 111    |  0.463% |

Of all the pokemon who changed tiers, Donphan is the most surprising to me. He doesn't fare well against the multitudes of Special attackers in the tier, and doesn't get any large benefits from Sandstorm (and get destroyed by all the other weathers). I guess he can check a few pokemon, but so many top-tier threats can just use him as setup bait. Duggy's sudden rise isn't that shocking to me; I don't know how he stayed buried at the bottom for so long.
Donphan is mostly used on sun teams which need a rapid spinner that isn't already weak to fire (Forretress), or has its best stab taken away by the sun (Starmie), and can actually set up stealth rocks itself (Hitmontop can't). Its pretty decent, although I am not sure why it rose now, if anything it should of risen and fallen when Excadrill was still around.

Duggy, you made it kid! :D
Donphan moving to OU is surprising me. OU is the only tier I play in and I almost never seen any o.O

Thanks, Antar!

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I just noticed this in the NU stats
| 29 | Corsola | 186 | 6.445% | 178 | 7.279% |
| 129 | Corsola | 307 | 1.092% | 291 | 1.213% |

Can anybody explain what happened or what pokemon is supposed to be #29? Unless 129 is the mistake and Corsola already got Regenerator and is a monster.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Donphan's now OU. Hazards for everyone!
nah, Hitmontop is still around and IMO is as good or even better spinner than Donphan. Personally I'm going to have fun using Swampert + Hitmontop with some Wish support from Xatu or something.

Holy smokes there's been alot of changes. I wasn't really suprised by most of the UU to OU changes except for alakazam, good riddance to him I say, hated fighting alakazam in UU. Donphan going up to OU is going to be a HUGE blow to the UU metagame there are only two good rapid spinners left in the tier now and a lot of very good spikers :( Swampert in UU is gonna be sweet though, I already have a few teams I wanna try him out on. Mew still being UU is a bit of a bummer, but not really a big suprise, at least he's OU on the 1337 stats.

Am I missing something? Why is Metagross still OU? I haven't played OU since a few bans ago, but I have literally never seen a good BW OU team that used metagross, is it just a noob Poke? I'd really love to see it in UU. :( Bronzong and Swampert are cool additions though. Personally I thought Zong was great when I played but with Excadrill gone I guess it doesn't have quite the niche it used to.

Not really sad about any of those Pokes leaving UU... especially Chansey and Alakazam. As much as I liked using Chansey, good fucking riddance. Not gonna miss Tornadus's priority rain dance either...

I see Mew as the jack of all trades, master of none. It can do a lot, but there's usually another mon who can do one of his jobs slightly better. So not totally suprised he's still UU.

Dugtrio going to OU - Not suprised, gotta win them weather wars.

Donphan going to OU - What? I haven't seen much of him on the ladder...no clue how he got to OU. No reliable recovery, ground typing leaves it weak to plenty of common special attackers, average movepool. Plenty of other spinners and stealth rockers to choose from. Really confused here.

Slowbro still UU? Wow, this thing is seriously underrated. Can counter nearly ALL of the top physical attackers in OU- salamence, dragonite, terrakion , landorus, gliscor , and non-mixed Infernape. Has realiable recovery, regenerator ability, a great movepool, along with plenty of useful resistances. Yet he's still UU? He should be a staple on plenty of teams. I guess being weak to the VoltTurn thing is a downside, but so is donphan and he's ou.

Am I missing something? Why is Metagross still OU? I haven't played OU since a few bans ago, but I have literally never seen a good BW OU team that used metagross, is it just a noob Poke? I'd really love to see it in UU. :( Bronzong and Swampert are cool additions though. Personally I thought Zong was great when I played but with Excadrill gone I guess it doesn't have quite the niche it used to.

Not really sad about any of those Pokes leaving UU... especially Chansey and Alakazam. As much as I liked using Chansey, good fucking riddance. Not gonna miss Tornadus's priority rain dance either...
I've actually peaked in the 100's with a balanced team featuring Metagross. I used a trick+iron ball set that paired up with Landorus and it was very effective. To say the least, Metagross is an awesome tank and he can even a powerful, supereffective hit before going down while maiming the opponent. The problem with Metagross is that Steel sucks as an attacking type and as of now, his counters are pretty much top in usage. Trick+Iron Ball gets around that, but its still a big problem. I normally get my KO's when an attacker thinks they can KO Metagross, only to see him survive and get killed themselves. He saw little rise in usage actually.

Now onto the usage statistics, its no surprise to me that Duggy is now back into OU. Weather Wars being so vital in a game, guaranteeing that you can bring down the opposing weather inducer after a round of hazards gives you a great chance of winning the game. Donphan just offers everything that Sun lacked and needed: SR, Rapid Spin, a good Terrakion check, and a revenge killer for weakened Dragons (Ice Shard). He's usable in Sand too with Hax Veil. Mamoswine and Jolteon I sense are for Dragons and rain.

When I got into the 100's I was baffled, but the usage statistics have answered.
1 | Tyranitar | 7469 | 45.523% | 6857 | 48.250% |
| 2 | Scizor | 6705 | 40.867% | 5803 | 40.834% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 6603 | 40.245% | 6133 | 43.156% |
| 4 | Landorus | 5202 | 31.706% | 4593 | 32.319% |
| 5 | Terrakion | 4802 | 29.268% | 3824 | 26.908% |

No wonder I felt like all the teams were Sand Offense :o Finally, seems like I made quite a dent in 1337:
| 27 | Hippowdon | 1113 | 6.784% | 1089 | 7.663% |
| 27 | Hippowdon | 21 | (rise)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wobb needs some love D:. Literally stack a sweeping type and get Wobb, and Scarf Terrakion / anything is no longer an issue.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I'd like to see how big hippo would fare in UU now that zong and swampert are in the mix.

OU has been so stale these past few months... I really hope Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect get released soon.

Keldeo will certainly be an interesting addition to the tier. It may make the game more enjoyable by making Rotom-W a less popular Water-type, meaning less dumb Volt Switch spam games.

Why is Cresselia back in RU when it used to be BL2? Shouldn't it be banned to BL2 immediately?
Also, thank god for Qwilfish staying RU, gonna use that a little more. Also, Aerodactyl is gonna be one cool mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)