Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Combusken will have great role compression in PU with SD and SB along with Work Up to boost both attacking stats for mixed sets. It will be an interesting mon to fight in PU
Combusken will be decent at best in PU as it's mostly outclassed by Monferno. Monferno has access to Mach Punch, U-turn, and more reliable Fighting STAB in Close Combat. Monferno also has a higher initial base speed stat meaning it doesn't have to rely on Protect to start out speeding things. The only niche it will have over Monferno is speed pass which won't be broken in the slightest as PU doesn't have anything like Xatu to pass to.

Combusken will be decent at best in PU as it's mostly outclassed by Monferno. Monferno has access to Mach Punch, U-turn, and more reliable Fighting STAB in Close Combat. Monferno also has a higher initial base speed stat meaning it doesn't have to rely on Protect to start out speeding things. The only niche it will have over Monferno is speed pass which won't be broken in the slightest as PU doesn't have anything like Xatu to pass to.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Although I believe that Combusken's SD set is outclassed by Monferno, its specially offensive set is unique and isn't outclassed by Monferno. Whether that special set has a niche (I bet it will), we will have to see, but I'm just pointing out that you are discounting this set.

Probably the effects of having so many damn tiers, more stats to compile n such. Almost seems it'd be worth it to drop support for super niche stuff to make it faster but I doubt that would feel fair to those who play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)