Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2015 (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
| 47 | Ambipom | 4.783% |
| 50 | Cinccino | 4.340% |
| 51 | Typhlosion | 4.294% |
Pretty sure they dropped in usage, but still WHAT THE FUCK RU!?
| 58 | Trevenant | 2.754% |
Well, at least one shitmon's dropping in February.
What more do you want? They're some of the least used Pokemon in the tier, and surely they're good enough to be viable in niche roles on certain teams, enough to justify barely holding on to RU status.

What more do you want? They're some of the least used Pokemon in the tier, and surely they're good enough to be viable in niche roles on certain teams, enough to justify barely holding on to RU status.
I'm glad they're some of the least used pokemon in the tier, but they're not viable at all. The only one that could be considered OK is Cinccino, who isn't bad but is hurt by the state of the meta. Ambi and Typh are both outclassed by other pokemon in every way, Ambi should've dropped to NU long ago. They're E-Rank for a reason, people.

Why is Manectric not RU or even NU? Even though Manectric has access to flamethrower, overheat and snarl, it is a worse Jolteon with only base 105 special attack and speed. Is Overheat and flamethrower really enough to make it UU?

What are the chances that sharpedo and sceptile move back up to UU?

mfw sylveon is over 4% usage now

Also was hoping to get gyarados in UU, but now at least it has the very likely potential to drop with this.

I already think metagross will be pretty good, especially with all the florges spam and it's got a pretty wide movepool with some neat stuff like grass knot.
As for sableye, I now see it fiercely competing for a stallbreaker role with jellicent, as prankster pretty much guaranteed starts a taunt + recover chain and is also really annoying to offense at the same time with priority WoW. The only thing jelly has over it is beating florges and not risking a burn vs suicune.
As for the other four, gardevoir and venusaur could be good but I think they'll have to develop in the metagame first. Diancie, while a little more niche offensively compared to garde due to low HP and speed, i think could still be alright as a TR mon, and provide pretty decent mixed attacking with LO. It sounds good on paper but may not be all to good with 50 base HP. It would be useable to an extent. Manectric, while lightningrod is cool, will have to compete with faster and/or stronger stuff like heliolisk and zapdos. Think it should drop to RU soon tbh.

Why is Manectric not RU or even NU? Even though Manectric has access to flamethrower, overheat and snarl, it is a worse Jolteon with only base 105 special attack and speed. Is Overheat and flamethrower really enough to make it UU?

Manectric's only been as low as UU this gen since its Mega has kept its usage from UU-OU all this time. It will have to drop down throughout the months like Mawile and Pinsir did in previous months.

Things like Lopunny and Sceptile dropped further since they got their Mega Evolutions in ORAS and were in PU and NU respectively before that happened.

Reactions: Pak

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm a bit confused, are the Zard Megas UU or just base form? I refuse to believe the base has enough usage to be UU.

I'm a bit confused, are the Zard Megas UU or just base form? I refuse to believe the base has enough usage to be UU.
It's UU for now and will likely drop to RU next month, then NU the month after. This is how our quick-drop system works--it's got to work its way down the rungs.

| 47 | Ambipom | 4.783% |
| 50 | Cinccino | 4.340% |
| 51 | Typhlosion | 4.294% |
Pretty sure they dropped in usage, but still WHAT THE FUCK RU!?
| 58 | Trevenant | 2.754% |
Well, at least one shitmon's dropping in February.
treveant is not as shitty in ru as it was in uu its but its still pretty meh, an ambipom 4.783% ur kidding its usage were on our way to getting rid of it. Also why cant we just drop garchomp, tyrantiar, and slowbro but force uu playes to use the mega stone if they are too broken we can bann it back to bl. Sharpedo may not rise back to uu since it probably wont break ru, but its still a good mon in that tier

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Nah its just that it has never dropped before. Therefore, it needs to go down through the ranks if it wants to settle in NU. Hopefully it won't be long until Electivire drops...
by "won't be long" I mean "in five months time")

Sharp and Scept aren't gonna rise again ever. The only reason they were so high was because their megas make them worth using.

Are megas going to be held to the same usage cutoff to maintain their tier as regular pokemon? Because obviously megas cannot have the same kind of usage as say, Lando-T with the restriction of 1 per team

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
One day, Gastrodon, one day you'll drop. ;_;

But at least I have NU Sceptile back, and it's time to spam AgiliGross in UU and CB Aggron in RU

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
but it's best set is scarf anyway, so CB Gron is going to be more common in comparison to CB Dino
1: Imo Rock Polish Tyrantrum is its best set not Choice Scarf (Although this is irrelevant to the arguement)
2: Just because CB Tyrantrum is not it's best set doesn't mean people won't prefer it over CB Aggron when they want a CB Head Smasher

Still trying to wrap my head around this here. So, for example, normal Charizard is usable in UU, but its mega forms are not. Correct?

Well that happened. However, these changes are about to destroy at least one metagame until this is all sorted out lol. Can't wait to do some testing!

Oh Tesla, asking questions when you know more about this than anybody XD I hope you start doing UU now that it has some of your favorite stall-breakers :)

The biggest problem is the fact that it really struggles against Mega Steelix, one of RU's premier walls. While the lack in speed and spatk are kindof a buzzkill, the Fire coverage Mane has really let it break through megalix rather effectively, something which Jolt cant. You've also got some cool bits here and there such as Switcheroo, which could be used to cripple fat switchins.

1: Imo Rock Polish Tyrantrum is its best set not Choice Scarf (Although this is irrelevant to the arguement)
2: Just because CB Tyrantrum is not it's best set doesn't mean people won't prefer it over CB Aggron when they want a CB Head Smasher
The biggest problem problem with RP Tyrantrum is the fact that it requires added support to function most effectively as you really need to weaken any wall, and the pressure offensive teams can apply to ttrum really hinders its effectiveness (which is kinda ironic seeing how scarf ttrum tears through offense). While Tyrantrum's Head Smash IS stronger than Aggron's, agro's still got some cool stuff under its belt, such as Aqua Tail to deal with fat grounds such as megarupt and rhyp, Low Kick to deal with bulky steels such as Regi and Megalix without having the drawbacks of superpower, and double edge for things that might resist most of its coverage like Seismitoad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)