Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2015 (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Ampharos no Droped to PU?
All the XY Megas only drop one tier unless their base form originally was in a different tier at one time during the XY Metagame. So, Ampharos went from UU to RU. In the upcoming months it'll probably go down to NU and then maybe PU. It's in a similar situation as Charizard which dropped down from OU to UU and will most definitely drop even further too.

YES! Finally we are doing megas separately! I have wanted this since the beginning of XY. Look out NU, Charizard is coming and I bet he will be there to stay!

UU is not unfamiliar with physical water-type sweepers as Feraligatr and Mega Sharpedo are common as ever but Gyarados is probably better them since it has Intimidate and better bulk. It should be interesting should they drop as Gyara is practically the bastard child between Gator and Mence and Mega Gyara is the spoiled, fattened child of Gator and Pedo; who is more likely getting banned since it has this ridiculous bulk on top of Intimidate pre-mega but who knows :/

In other news Thug Lando-T has beaten Scumbag Chomp and reclaimed it's spot as most used mon in OU.

| 25 | Liepard | 8.488% |

Err, is anyone else seeing this? I'm glad Liepard was moved from PU to NU, really, it deserves to reach higher, with it's unburden and prankster move pool, but anyways, FU is dead at this point

UU is not unfamiliar with physical water-type sweepers as Feraligatr and Mega Sharpedo are common as ever but Gyarados is probably better them since it has Intimidate and better bulk. It should be interesting should they drop as Gyara is practically the bastard child between Gator and Mence and Mega Gyara is the spoiled, fattened child of Gator and Pedo; who is more likely getting banned since it has this ridiculous bulk on top of Intimidate pre-mega but who knows :/

In other news Thug Lando-T has beaten Scumbag Chomp and reclaimed it's spot as most used mon in OU.
Gyarados actually has slightly more usage in this month's OU than it's Mega so it's probably not dropping any time soon.

Manectric has to slowly fall with Absol so I can use them together in the same tier as regulars.
Man I'm so hype for this, I'm shivering a little... Maybe.
Also, Sableye too and WB Suicide Aero :)
RIP FU usage lol
Just because Lop got HJK I betchu I'll see people use it down there
Is no one going to mention how PU got their Spikes Setter back ;) lol
Charizard plz fall to PU.

Edit: Why do people think Gyara will dro0? Wasn't Gyara was the only reason Mega Gyara wasn't just plain BL lol. Just like why Mega Latios and @s are BL for their respective Latis.

Gyarados actually has slightly more usage in this month's OU than it's Mega so it's probably not dropping any time soon.
Edit: Why do people think Gyara will dro0? Wasn't Gyara was the only reason Mega Gyara wasn't just plain BL lol. Just like why Mega Latios and @s are BL for their respective Latis.
It's still low usage. Unless I am misunderstanding something both Gyara and Mega Gyara are dropping unless they see drastic rise in popularity in the next months.

| 68 | Gyarados | 1.904% |
| 69 | Gyarados-Mega | 1.900% |

Last edited:
VENUSAUR in uu ? hello?
this was doing hell in ou
and it will wreck uu then.charizard metagross are ok but plz (venusaur so hell imo)

Oh Tesla, asking questions when you know more about this than anybody XD I hope you start doing UU now that it has some of your favorite stall-breakers :)
Wat up doh Friaza!

I really like that we are splitting megas and their base forms up. I believe it should have happened all along.

On a side note, why is charizard expected to move down to RU/NU when Moltress is iirc BL2? Granted Moltress has some more fire power, but charizard imo has a better special movepool. The only thing that Moltress has that Charizard doesn't is access to hurricane.

On a side note, why is charizard expected to move down to RU/NU when Moltress is iirc BL2? Granted Moltress has some more fire power, but charizard imo has a better special movepool. The only thing that Moltress has that Charizard doesn't is access to hurricane.
"Every specially attacking set not employing Solar Power would be completely outclassed by Moltres, which has better bulk and higher Special Attack. The sheer wallbreaking power of a Choice Specs set in the sun may look appealing, but generally Moltres outclasses Charizard when it comes to Choiced sets, as the former is less reliant on team support to function and has access to Hurricane and U-turn." - Charizard's BW RU analysis.

Basically, Moltres has better overall stats, stronger STABs, and is slightly less reliant on team support to function. This gen it got worse. Houndoom and Delphox are in RU and helplessly outclass the poor dragon. And about the movepool, the only major advantages are Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast, but even then, with Solar Power it basically has 4MSS as it pretty has to give up Flying-STAB, which is useful for killing Fighting-types. Non-Solar Power sets not only face major competition (at least in UU) with Moltres, but with Chandelure, Mega Houndoom and Rotom-H as well. And in RU, well I already mentioned Delphox and Houndoom.

I doubt it'll break NU anyways. (It has a shittier typing than Typhlosion and no Eruption. Checks to Zard are plentiful in NU, and due to those disadvantages slightly more than Typhlosion. Not saying it'll suck (It'll likely be pretty damn good) but still)

I don't know why some people are acting like Charizard's journey through lower tiers is going to be some unpredictable ride full of surprises. We already know its value from last generation, it's not like much has changed for it or around it, except even more mons giving it an hard time.

FINALLY pokemon who suck pre-mega get usage in lower tiers now! when will we get anylasises for these? such as pu altaria or uu sableye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)