is a competitor
Smogon's Forum Invitational
Tournament Rules - How to Join or Host a Tournament
Smogon's Forum Invitational - Information and Registration
Smogon's Forum Invitational - Round One
Smogon's Forum Invitational - Round Two
This tournament will be DPP OU. Each of the eight website that has been invited to compete will have a representative. The representatives will be in charge of appointing a team captain and coming up with a system for selecting a roster. Rosters will consist of eight (8) players and two (2) substitutes. Each round sites will face off against another site in a single elimination style. In the event of a tie, the team captain will select who will play the tiebreaker. The representatives from each site are responsible for posting the necessary threads on their forums. Each participating forum may have their own thread dedicated to this tournament, but all results are to be officially posted on Smogon for the sake of organization. It is wise to save the logs in case of a discrepancy.
- In order to be elligible to join a site's roster, you must have a join date of at least 4 months prior to the date of this post in addition to at least 40 posts. You cannot be banned.
- You are only allowed to apply to join one site's team. If it is discovered that you applied to more than one site's team you will be unable to participate. Choose the site you wish to join wisely!
- Substitutes may replace anyone throughout the tournament. Teams will be allowed to replace the substitute with the starting player later in the tournament. They are not permanent.
- Battles should be conducted on Pokemon Online. Shoddy Battle is an acceptable alternative if both players agree to use it.
- Be a good sport. This is meant to be a fun and competitive experience. Cheer on your site and act graciously in victory or defeat.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Uber Clause: Pokemon that are in the Ubers Tier are not allowed to be used. The tier list can be found here.
GameFAQs win 5-3
Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 12:00am EST