Pet Mod Solomods Megathread

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Name of Mod: Kaen's Dex
Mascot: :luvdisc: Luvdisc
Link to Changes: Google Sheet
Summary of the Mod: The fakemons I made now with stats, movepool and everything else.
With over 160 new monsters, moves and abilities, it is pretty much its own generation, all the fully evolved mons are made with the idea of being at least viable and the only banned one is the cover legendary at the end of the list. You can also go and use some of the classic official mons that are receiving an evolution, Hypno, Luvdisc, Shuckle and Arbok for the eviolite experience.
Took me a bit longer than needed but finally made it playable on DH
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8kaensdex-4 (you can actually see the sprites with the DH client, don't worry)
May need some more testing, but all the new moves and abilities seem to work properly, if anyone finds a bug just PM me (or use the solomods discord), or if you want to ask for balance changes or anything really.
I'm working on the back sprites, but those and icons will have to wait until next year, as I'm kind of busy right now.

Last edited:
How to Play:
FnF Showdown is available at the following link:
https://fnf-showdown-client.herokuapp.com/

The community, including all discussion, can be accessed in our Discord server. This is the best way to find matches as people usually first challenge each other on discord and then log into the server to battle, rather than challenging each other on the server first.

All other information could be found in the Google Sheets linked above. Thanks for reading and if you're interested I'd love to have new people come in and help develop the meta and share any thoughts about what we've done so far. :)
Discord Server Link Available here
Hey everyone, big update!
We've finished buffing all of the pokemon we wanted to buff and we've been creating sample teams and really trying to define our tiers. I just opened a Competitive Season for OU to try and determine what stays in our OU and what falls to UU. However, we are in dire need of playtesters to help in this endeavor! If anyone is interested, please join the discord server at the link above or message me on discord at noel#5229 .

In addition, here's our new doc with some sample teams to test out that we are still currently working on.
Sample Teams Doc

1667838045694.png

mg1 posting time

With the final mg1 tour of gen 8 now concluded, I have decided to share my teams used in the seasonal (plus the rest of my builder). I am lazy and do not think when I teambuild so I cannot share my building thought process on half of these.

Round 1 vs Bilbooo
Game 1: :zeraora: :falinks: :garchomp: :yveltal: :melmetal: :tapu-koko:
Falinks Bulky Offense (Win) - replay

Game 2: :zeraora: :rotom-frost: :latias: :magearna: :garchomp: :melmetal:
Rotom-Frost Bulky Offense (Win) - replay

Round 2 vs r1dude
Game 1: :ninjask: :gastrodon: :tapu-koko: :kartana: :melmetal: :latias:
Kartana Fat (Loss) - replay
A team that makes use of Kartana's ability to break any team and Mirror Coat Gastrodon to ohko Latis/Alakazam/Azelf. As it turns out, you don't need coat to beat any of those mons and can use Body Slam so it's kind of bad.

Game 2: :zeraora: :garchomp: :yveltal: :tapu-koko: :melmetal: :latias:
Yveltal Latias Bulky Offense Sample (Win) - replay
Yes I brought a sample LOL

Game 3: :froslass: :latias: :gastrodon: :magearna: :tapu-koko: :yveltal:
Gastrodon Magearna Fat (Win) - replay
The first GastroMag fat in a now long line of them. The general idea is to win with Gastrodon or Magearna as most teams at the time were very shaky vs them. With Gastro you can paralyze Latias with bslam and then boost past it and Magearna will win once Melm/Victini are chipped which will happen over the course of the match due to the longevity the two provide. Koko loves longer games and it patches up both the bad Yvel matchup Gastro and Mag share and the absymal speed tier of your team. Froslass lead doesn't provide much here and is more suited to hyper offense but I didn't get sent to losers so its fine.

Round 4 vs Orangesodapop
Game 1: :sandaconda: :archeops: :victini: :latios: :yveltal: :melmetal:
Sandaconda + Archeops Offense (Win) - replay
The first appearence of the newly discovered extremely good mon Sandaconda in my teams. Zeraora had near 100% lead usage so it allowed me to claim an easy kill and shred through the unprepared team. Aside from that it's just an extremely basic Melm/Lati/Tini team with Archeops that didn't get to leave it's pokeball.

Game 2: :sandaconda: :snorlax: :garchomp: :melmetal: :yveltal: :tapu-koko:
Sandaconda + Snorlax Offense (Win) - replay
I match vs my R2 G1 team and as it turns out that team is still not good so I claim an easy win with Yveltal and Sandaconda

Round 6 vs martinvtran
Game 1: :latias: :gastrodon: :garchomp: :tapu-koko: :magearna: :corviknight:
GastroMag Chomper Fat (Win) - replay
Another GastroMag team, this team with a new dangerous teammate: Garchomp. Having Garchomp in the back further limits Gastro switchins as Chomp tends to win if the opposing Lati is paralyzed. Chomp is also packing Aerial Ace is annihilate anyone foolish enough to bring Virizion vs me (no one was foolish this tour).

Game 2: :sandaconda: :latias: :garchomp: :melmetal: :yveltal: :gastrodon:
Triple Ground Bulky Offense (Win) - replay
The fabled triple ground team, all meant to put extreme pressure on likely shared check between them all. Don't particularly like the team since I think Gastro (especially bslam) excels in longer games and you aren't having those when half your team is the same type.

Round 8 vs Pave Low
Game 1: :sandaconda: :garchomp: :victini: :froslass: :latios: :melmetal:
Sandaconda Froslass Offense (Win) - replay
Pave Low decided to make the great decision to bring the exact same team for every single round with no changes so I decided to do a tiny bit of cteaming.

Game 2: :gastrodon: :magearna: :tapu-koko: :latios: :corviknight: :virizion:
Pave Low Counterteam (Win) - replay
I decided to do a lot of cteaming.

Round 10 vs juoean
Game 1: :sandaconda: :golisopod: :starmie: :garchomp: :melmetal: :tapu-koko:
Golisopod Starmie Offense (Loss) - replay
Do not

Game 2, 5, 6: :ninjask: :clawitzer: :tapu-koko: :victini: :melmetal: :latios:
Swaglord Clawitzer Bulky Offense (Win, Win, Loss) - game 2 replay, game 5 replay, game 6 replay
For some (likely terrible) reason, I decided to build not only Swagger Clawitzer but Swagger Ninjask at 1am the day before the finals and for some reason it worked???? Both Ninjask and Clawitzer are great at forcing switches so you can use Swagger and then U-turn and you are (sometimes) able to punish the opponent switching into the correct mon and clicking the correct move which is hilarious. Even if I ended up losing I am glad the Swaglord was able to show off their true power.

Game 3: :swampert: :ninjask: :victini: :tapu-koko: :melmetal: :starmie:
Swampert Lead Ninjask Bulky Offense (Loss) - replay
build at 1am.

Game 4: :latias: :gastrodon: :garchomp: :tapu-koko: :magearna: :corviknight:
GastroMag Chomper Fat (same as R6 G1) (Loss) - replay
After losing set 1 I wanted to use a team which had been proven to be good as I had not playtested the teams I built specifically for finals and then I lost so logically I decided to trust in the SWAGLORD Clawitzer for the remainder of the set.

Shoutout to R8 and Amaranth for building help and the former basically running the tour for me lol. Additional shoutout to juoean for kicking my ass and DiamondDiancie25 for gaming.

Oh ya there's this too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)