Resource Solomods Megathread

[Gen 1] Kanto Plus

In this mod of [Gen 1] OU, play with a select bunch of Gen 2-9 Pokemon and moves in Gen 1! Rules are:

-Special stat is the average of Special Attack and Special Defense, rounded down.
-All included Pokemon are updated to the latest standards, such as stats and movepools; however, Gen 2-9 moves are removed (except for the additions listed below)
-If a Pokemon would normally have Dark or Fairy type, it is now Normal type, instead; Steel is now Rock type. Reverted
-Megas are nerfed to be a mid-ground between their base form and their Mega form, i.e. only 50% of the stat boosts carry over. No Mega Stones are usable, obviously No Megas, anymore
-APT Clause
-Amnesia and Swords Dance are banned Reverted; not that many mons get them, now
-All mons over 600 BST are banned, for now (gonna go in and unban select mons later)
-Physical/Special Split
-Kanto Expansion Pak type chart (used with permission)
-53 new, "essential" moves have been added that fit the mechanics of Gen 1
1. Earth Power
2. Scorching Sands
3. Power Gem
4. Rock Polish
5. Icicle Crash
6. Wild Charge
7. Scald
8. Flare Blitz
9. Heat Wave
10. Psycho Cut
11. Zen Headbutt
12. Hyper Voice
13. Giga Impact
14. Crunch
15. Dark Pulse
16. Throat Chop
17. Hone Claws
18. Night Slash
19. Autotomize
20. Flash Cannon
21. Iron Head
22. Smart Strike
23. Steel Wing
24. Dazzling Gleam
25. Moonblast
26. Play Rough
27. Aura Sphere
28. Brick Break
29. Cross Chop
30. Focus Blast
31. Air Slash
32. Brave Bird
33. Hurricane
34. Dual Wingbeat
35. Energy Ball
36. Giga Drain
37. Leaf Blade
38. Power Whip
39. Seed Bomb
40. Synthesis
41. Wood Hammer
42. Gunk Shot
43. Poison Jab
44. Sludge Bomb
45. Sludge Wave
46. Shadow Ball
47. Shadow Claw
48. Bug Buzz
49. Signal Beam
50. X-Scissor
51. Pollen Puff
52. Dragon Claw
53. Dragon Pulse
-103 new Pokemon from Gens 2-9 that I feel would make a good fit in Gen 1
1. Deino
2. Zweilous
3. Hydreigon
4. Larvitar
5. Pupitar
6. Tyranitar
7. Beldum
8. Metang
9. Metagross
10. Bagon
11. Shelgon
12. Salamence
13. Iron Jugulis
14. Iron Thorns
15. Roaring Moon
16. Wo-Chien
17. Chien-Pao
18. Ting-Lu
19. Chu-Yu
20. Houndour
21. Houndoom
22. Phanpy
23. Donphan
24. Iron Treads
25. Great Tusk
26. Steelix
27. Scizor
28. Magnezone
29. Drilbur
30. Excadrill
31. Ralts
32. Kirlia
33. Gardevoir
34. Gallade
35. Iron Valiant
36. Flabebe
37. Floette
38. Florges
39. Togepi
40. Togetic
41. Togekiss
42. Hatenna
43. Hattrem
44. Hatterene
45. Crobat
46. Bellossum
47. Annihilape
48. Politoed
49. Hitmontop
50. Lickilicky
51. Rhyperior
52. Blissey
53. Happiny
54. Tangrowth
55. Kingdra
56. Mime Jr.
57. Kleavor
58. Smoochum
59. Elekid
60. Electivire
61. Magby
62. Magmortar
63. Espeon
64. Umbreon
65. Leafeon
66. Glaceon
67. Sylveon
68. Porygon2
69. Porygon-Z
70. Munchlax
71. Cryogonal
72. Gible
73. Gabite
74. Garchomp
75. Sandy Shocks
76. Scream Tail
77. Trapinch
78. Vibrava
79. Flygon
80. Gligar
81. Gliscor
82. Volcarona
83. Slither Wing
84. Dreepy
85. Drakloak
86. Dragapult
87. Noibat
88. Noivern
89. Cyclizar
90. Latias
91. Latios
92. Axew
93. Fraxure
94. Haxorus
95. Misdreavus
96. Mismagius
97. Flutter Mane
98. Litwick
99. Lampent
100. Chandelure
101. Electrike
102. Manectric

I'm currently open to suggestions on changing the added mons list. Just DM me on here or on Discord. (The reason why I added specifically 103 is that's how many new mons RB can handle without significant refactoring. Same goes for the 53 new moves.)

Last edited:
[Gen 1] Kantoification

In this mod of [Gen 1] OU, play with Gen 2-9 Pokemon in Gen 1! Rules are:

-Special stat is the average of Special Attack and Special Defense, rounded down.
-Only their Gen 1 moves are usable
-All Pokemon are updated to the latest standards, such as stats and movepools
-If a Pokemon would normally have Dark or Fairy type, it is now Normal type, instead; Steel is now Rock type.
-Megas are nerfed to be a mid-ground between their base form and their Mega form, i.e. only 50% of the stat boosts carry over. No Mega Stones are usable, obviously
-Wrap is banned

Bugs:
-Mega Stones are automatically assigned and have to be manually unassigned
Any specific reason why wrap is banned? The only stuff with a speed tier above Tentacruel is Comfey, Nihilego, Serperior and Wugtrio. Serperior is at a nice 113 speed and Wugtrio is Wugtrio. I would understand an agility + partial trapping ban but wrap is so odd. Specially it being just bind - what about Bind Inteleon? Clamp Barbaracle? Fire Spin Cinderace? I don't see where partial trapping would be so problematic here tbh

Last edited:
Any specific reason why wrap is banned? The only stuff with a speed tier above Tentacruel is Comfey, Nihilego, Serperior and Wugtrio. Serperior is at a nice 113 speed and Wugtrio is Wugtrio. I would understand an agility + partial trapping ban but wrap is so odd. Specially it being just bind - what about Bind Inteleon? Clamp Barbaracle? Fire Spin Cinderace? I don't see where partial trapping would be so problematic here tbh
Wrap has 10-15% more accuracy than the other partial trapping moves, making it more consistent. TBH I thought it was 90% accuracy like in later Gens. The other forms of partial trapping have 70-75% accuracy. I don't think that's consistent enough to warrant a ban. You can talk to me more about it on Discord if you want, I'm Yak Attack#9182 on there. I'm not in the Pet Mods server, but feel free to friend me.

Last edited:
New Solomod time? New Solomod time.
Fusion Evolution: Randomized
Mascot: :abomasnow-mega: (To represent Weezasnow-Galar-Mega, which may be one of the best Megas in the format)
Link to Changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hjA3AJLPMilSCyjJb9fqoBJgUciZpVu_W9xrZg0XLrs/edit?usp=sharing
Summary of the Mod: Do you wish there was a Fusion Evolution: The Impostor's Cut Solomod for Generation 9? Well, look no further! In this solomod, all of the Fusions in this FE-based Solomod are completely random! This means that ALL of the fusions are determined by RNG and anything could happen! This also includes Mega Evolutions, unlike The Impostor's Cut which didn't have any!
Competitive Overview: As the original Gen 8 Solomod this is based off said, this is a more mixed bag of a metagame, but there are some REALLY good Pokemon that can be highlighted. Here's a bit of detail on some of them:
:sv/weezing-galar: :sv/abomasnow: / :sv/abomasnow-mega: | :sv/kabutops: :sv/torkoal:
As it stands, the metagame could possibly be dominated by the ever oppresive Weather, although you can make teams without it. Weezasnow-Galar is especially scary due to it having a Mega Evolution, and Kabukoal, while less scary, can set up Sun AND has its speed doubled under it. Watch out for these if you ever see them.

:sv/kommo-o: :sv/greninja:
Kommo-Ninja is this mod's resident Mixed Attacker without having to use a Mega Evolution to be amazing. Thanks to its mixed attacking stats and ability in Bullet Bond, not to mention its absurd coverage, it can practically be a VERY strong glue to tie a team together. Spikes + U-turn and Physical/Special sets are all great options to use, with some unexpected options as well with Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray.

:sv/chesnaught: :sv/stunfisk-galar:
Stunnaught-Galar is one of the best options you have for a physically defensive Pokemon in this mod. Grass/Steel typing along with good recovery, hazards, and being similar to Ferrothorn with its physical bulk as well. It can also go offensive with SD as an option too, and you also have Bronzoleon as the other Steel-type in the mod if you don't want to use this.

:sv/grafaiai: :sv/flygon: | :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/boltund:
Grafaigon and Baxcabolt are both here for different reasons: They are both great at being fast attackers. Grafaigon has one of the greatest typings in the mod in Ground (which a LOT of Pokemon in the meta don't want to take) and can set up with Nasty Plot and pivot with U-turn while Baxcabolt is one of the most dangerous Pokemon here thanks to its 120 Attack + Thermal Jaws-boosted biting moves while being fast on its own. These carry MASSIVE power in the metagame so it's best to watch out for them.

To end this off, here are two Mega Evolutions that I might be putting on the watchlist:
:sceptile-mega: :donphan: (It's a Ground/Dragon type with 135/125 attacking stats and 110 Speed. Need I say more? It could possibly be speed crept if anything wants to run Scarf but this could be pretty dominant if you don't wanna run other megas like :weezing-galar: :abomasnow-mega: or :scovillain: :sableye-mega:.)
:hypno: :salamence-mega: (This has a similar story to Amphamence from FESV. Keep your eyes out for it.)

Some other threats I didn't mention here can be found in the spreadsheet if you can find them.
Note that this isn't playable yet but it might be soon if someone wants to code this!

Name of Mod: Braviary New World
Mascot: Porygon-Z :porygon-z:
Link to Changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hBGU0X-qS21PHHzFl5iZCGp5Q-g/edit?usp=drivesdk
Summary of the Mod: Porting this forward from Gen 8, this is a comprehensive overhaul mod, in which Pokemon, moves, abilities, items, and even game mechanics are updated to be more competitively viable. Its National Dex format, meaning almost all old Pokemon and moves return. There's a particular focus on giving all Pokemon 3 abilities and cloning moves across types for better coverage options. I have tried to de-gimmicky-ify the game to be more competitive, and as such do away with Z-moves and Dynamaxing, although Megas are back.

Competitive Overview:

• National Dex format
  • Megas return, Z-moves, Dynamax, and Terastalization are gone
  • Changes to 500+ moves, 100+ abilities, and 700+ Pokemon
    • Emphasis has been placed on cloning moves across types. Many types have access to clones of Fire Blast, Psychic, Future Sight, and Draco Meteor on the special side. On the physical side, many types have access to clones of Leaf Blade, Power Whip and Flare Blitz. For both, clones of Knock Off, Fire Lash, Anchor Shot, Freeze Dry and Psychic Fangs exist.
    • Hidden Power did NOT return except to Unown. As such, special attackers are forced to rely on their inherent movepools
    • Knock Off and its clones do not gain a boost in power for removing items. Dark types do get a powerful physical STAB in Lash Out now though, which is a Superpower clone
    • Toxic has severely reduced distribution except among Poison types, and Pokemon with a relation to Poison
    • U-turn and Baton Pass have been removed entirely! Pounce is now a U-turn clone limited mostly to Bug types. In return, there are new clones of U-turn in Flame Wheel and Slipstream; and Coaching has been made into a Baton Pass clone that heals the switch-in by a little
  • New Megas, New regional formes, and new evolutions
  • Many overly strong abilities and moves introduced in Gen 9 have been removed
  • New mechanic called Type Armour; Pokemon can wear Armour to gain an added typing, which also replaces their normal ability with a new one
  • New moves, items, and abilities
  • Freeze and Sleep have been replaced by Drowsiness and Frostbite, as per Pokemon Legends Arceus
  • Many new means of Hazard Control - Abilities such as Quick Feet; Moves such as Aggregate, Wash Out, and Terraform
  • Intrinsic Levitation - Pokémon with Levitate have been given new abilities
  • Almost all Pokemon have 3 (non-legendary Pokemon) or 2 (legendary and mythical pokemon) Abilities
  • Previously useless field effects have been reworked to be more viable
  • I have tried to increase the viability of more items, and added many new ones
  • Most Pokemon have modified to be viable in OU or UU, however the Uber tier should also be rather balanced
  • As a general rule, 2-stage evolution lines and starters have a BST of 540, while 3-stage lines get a 550 BST.
  • Ice type granted some new resistances (Fairy, Flying, Normal, Ghost)
  • I have attempted to mark off as cleanly as I could which moves, abilities, stats, and types were changed or added throughout the spreadsheet
  • Still updating! I make new changes as I think of them, and have a personal spreadsheet of evolutions I plan to add in the future

While many of the ideas are original, I have taken heavy inspiration from such Pet Mods as Sylvemons as CFM, Sylvemons, G-Luke's Ideal World, r/stunfisk's Theorymon Thursday posts and other such broad overhaul Pet Mods. I have attempted to credit ideas to the originators, and especially give credit to artists from across the Internet.

Noticeably unfinished are complete movepools and data for new regional forms and new evolutions. Not gonna lie I'm probably gonna drag my feet in doing that lol.

:xy/arbok:
Type: Poison / Dragon
Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin / Unnerve
Stats: 80 / 130 / 88 / 65 / 88 / 89 (540 BST)
Arbok @ Leftovers / Enigma Berry
Ability: Intimidate / Unnerve / Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake

:xy/arcanine:
Type: Fire / Normal
Abilities: Guard Dog / Flash Fire / Justified
Stats: 90 / 117 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 103 (540 BST)

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Flame Wheel
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Arcanine finally gets to leverage its excellent offensive movepool alongside new abilities, a type change, and some stat buffs. The most important changes are the addition of a Normal type for a meatier Extreme Speed, buffing its speed to base 103, and access to Quick Feet, which now provides a unilateral immunity to entry hazards. Flame Wheel (physical Fire-type U-turn, also 70 BP) works well with Arcanine's newfound hazard immunity, and Raging Fury is a non-contact Triple Axel clone, which has a lower base power than Flare Blitz on average but doesn't cut into Arcanine's bulk via recoil. Close Combat is usually superior to Wild Charge (the latter now being an Electric type Iron Head clone); pivoting out of Water types with Flame Wheel is preferably to a mere 80 BP super-effective hit.

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
Ability: Guard Dog
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Wheel / Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed / Mud Bath
- Will-o-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Defensive sets also appreciate the hazard immunity provided by Quick Feet, although it competes with Guard Dog, which now lowers the opponent's Atk and SpA 1 stage each when Arcanine switches in. Morning Sun has 16 PP now, making it a more reliable healing move. You can also go for more staying power with Raging Fury alongside Shake Off, a new move which cures the user's status and stat debuffs, and raises it Spe 1 stage. Honestly not sure how useful this set would be; the ghost immunity is nice but having a fighting weakness is never great. Still, the higher speed tier Arcanine now sits at lets it act as fast, still reasonably powerful Wisper that doesn't care about entry hazards.

:xy/poliwrath:
Type: Water / Fighting
Abilities: Stamina / Damp / Contrary
Stats: 90 / 115 / 95 / 60 / 90 / 100 (550 BST)
Poliwrath @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Wave Crash / Riptide
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat / High Horsepower / Flip Turn

Don't worry, I wasn't stupid enough to give a Contrary mon amazing stats, and Speed and Attack boosting; Poliwrath no longer has access to Superpower. It can still clean up late game now though; Ice Hammer boosting speed, Close Combat boosting both defenses, and either Darkest Lariat (105 BP, 1/5 recoil) or High Horsepower (120 BP, 1/4 recoil) for coverage. For Water STAB, it can choose between Wave Crash, or the newly introduced Riptide (a physical Water-type Magma Storm). A defensive set might also be worth trying with either Stamina or Contrary; Poliwrath has pretty good bulk and access to the now much rarer Toxic, although you'll be stuck with Rest as your only recovery.

:xy/gyarados:
Type: Water / Flying => Water / Dark
Abilities: Intimidate / Anger Point / Moxie => Mold Breaker
Stats: 95 / 125 / 79 / 60 / 100 / 81 (540 BST) => 95 / 155 / 109 / 70 / 130 / 81 (640 BST)
Gyarados @ Heavy Duty Boots / Enigma Berry
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall / Wave Crash
- Dragon Ascent
- Taunt / Substitute / Earthquake

Gyarados finally gets a strong Flying STAB, and its a doosie - Dragon Ascent. There's really not much to say here, other than that the addition of this one move might finally make DD Gyara good in OU. Waterfall gets a nice buff to its flinch rate (30%, its now an Iron Head clone), and Wave Crash is a more powerful option, although the 1/4 recoil can be unappealing. Victory smells sweeter when you get to spam Rayquaza's signature move!

Gyarados @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Wave Crash / Waterfall
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake / Power Whip

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate => Mold Breaker
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Coild
- Waterfall
- Power Trip
- Taunt / Substitute

:xy/xatu:
Jump to 11:15 for the Xatu-Mega design
Type: Psychic / Flying => Psychic / Fire
Abilities: Synchronize / Pressure / Magic Bounce => Immolate
Stats: 80 / 60 / 105 / 95 / 105 / 95 (540 BST) => 80 / 100 / 115 / 100 / 115 / 130 (640 BST)
Xatu @ Xatuite
Ability: Magic Bounce => Immolate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Uproar
- Genesis Nova
- Calm Mind / U-turn
- Spirit Bomb / Roost

Xatu gets a new Mega form with the Psychic / Fire typing and a unique combination of tools that make it almost the perfect storm. The amount of new elements here is pretty substantial so I'll go down the line.

1. Immolate is a Fire type clone of Pixilate, providing a 1.3x boost to Normal type moves and changing them to Fire type.
2. Uproar is a special Normal type Outrage clone; all Outrage clones are 120 BP, 100% accurate, with 16 PP; and while they confuse the user after use, they no longer lock the user into the move for 2-3 turns.
3. However, Psychic types are now immune to confusion, meaning Xatu now has a 156 BP Fire STAB it can spam to its heart's content.
4. Genesis Nova is a signature move of Mew that Xatu shares; Psychic type, special, 100 BP, 100% accurate, 8 PP, and sets up Psychic Terrain after use.
5. Spirit Bomb is a 50 BP special Fighting move; it increases by 20 BP for each fainted member of the user's party, to a maximum of 150 BP if Xatu is the last member alive.

All this, plus a blazing 130 Speed and Calm Mind, makes Xatu quite the force to be reckoned with. It still has its flaws, namely, poor defensive typing, hazard vulnerability, and troubles getting around Dark types before its team members faints. Even so, it's an amazing threat late game, and its low SpA is remedied by the amazing BP of all its moves.

:xy/ampharos:
:xy/ampharos-mega:
Type: Electric / Dragon=> Electric / Dragon
Abilities: Static / Illuminate / Triage => Regenerator
Stats: 90 / 70 / 85 / 120 / 100 / 75 (540 BST) => 90 / 85 / 105 / 165 / 120 / 75 (640 BST)
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Triage => Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle / Dragon Breath
- Parabolic Charge / Slack Off
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor / Focus Blast

Mega Ampharos is greatly improved as a defensive pivot, gaining access to Regenerator over the largely useless Mold Breaker, and Draco Meteor for greatly improved offensive presence. Parabolic Charge is now an Electric type Giga Drain clone, supplementing the healing from Regenerator, although you can also use Slack Off if you think that isn't enough. Nuzzle is a fantastic addition to Ampharos' repertoire, providing un-tauntable paralysis, with Dragon Breath (80 BP, 100% accurate, 24 PP, 30% chance to paralyze the target) being an option alongside Focus Blast for increased versatility. Triage is still a useful ability pre-mega, as with its 120 base SpA Ampharos can threaten out frailer fastmons weak to Electric.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Triage => Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Parabolic Charge
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Breath
- Focus Blast / Slack Off

A Calm Mind set can function as a lure for defensive mons thinking they can safely switch into the bulky set. Ampharos is too slow to set up and end battles, so the moves chosen here assume you are trying to deal as much damage as possible in just 1-3 turns and then plan to switch out of checks. If you really want to end games with Ampharos, Dragon Breath and Slack Off replace Draco Meteor and Focus Blast for more staying power, and I would use a bulkier EV spread with those moves as well.

Ampharos @ Leftovers / Safety Policy
Ability: Triage
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Parabolic Charge
- Dragon Breath / Focus Blast
- Slack Off

This would be pretty terrible in OU but honestly could be quite good in a lower tier. Base Ampharos also gets the Dragon typing, and the excellent Triage, giving it priority Parabolic Charges. You could try the given EVs to set-up more quickly, or try a Safety Policy (which grants the user +2 Def and SpD when it is affected by entry hazards, and is then consumed) with a bulkier spread. Dragon Breath interacts nicely with Ampharos speed tier - if you paralyze anything that is 130 base Speed or slower, you will outspeed them next turn.

:xy/tyranitar:
:xy/tyranitar-mega:
Type: Rock / Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream / Stalwart / Guts => Sand Stream
Stats: 100 / 134 / 110 / 95 / 100 / 61 (600 BST) => 100 / 164 / 150 / 95 / 120 / 71 (700 BST)
Tyranitar @ Choice Band / Static Orb
Ability: Sand Stream / Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Boulder Bash / Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Lash Out / Quash
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Tyranitar gets a bevy of new toys to make it relevant as a special tank and breaker again. Pursuit is back, although nerfed to only be 60 BP on switch. The newly introduced Boulder Bash and revamped Lash Out are now Rock type Superpower clones, meaning you don't have to settle for the weaker Crunch (Dark type Psychic Fangs clone) or Stone Edge (95 BP, 95% accuracy, 16 PP, High crit ratio). Quash is also an interesting option; it's now a physical Dark type attack with 75 BP, that forces the target to move last on the next turn. Sand Stream is still there to help Ttar take down the Psychics and Ghosts as always, although Guts is also an option, which now provides only a 1.3x boost to physical moves (and special moves for what it's worth). Static Orb induces paralysis; with Guts now ignoring its stat lowering effects too and paralysis revamped to lower evasion rather than fully paralyze Pokemon, it's a superior option to the chip from Flame Orb.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Stalwart => Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock / Terraform
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge / Boulder Bash
- Lash Out / Earthquake / Fire Punch / Ice Punch

Mega Tyranitar also gets buffed in its role as a utility setting tank; the Pursuit nerf sucks, but improved Rock STAB is always appreciated, and Terraform is a newly introduced Ground type Defog clone, meaning it can choose between setting or removing hazards. Stalwart has some situational use before Mega Evolving, raising Ttar's Defense 2 stages if any of its stats are lowered by the opponent.

:xy/claydol:
Type: Ground / Psychic
Abilities: Well-Baked Body / Pressure / Trace (Intrinsic Levitation!)
Stats: 80 / 60 / 105 / 100 / 120 / 75 (540 BST)
Claydol @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots / Ember Armour
Ability: Trace / Well-Baked Body
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scorching Sands / Land's Wrath
- Teleport / Dust Devil
- Stealth Rock / Ice Beam / Rapid Spin
- Recover

Claydol has distinguished mixed bulk and serviceable SpA, and while its defensive typing is iffy, it can put fantastic use to Trace, copying Regenerators and Flash Fires to check a wide variety of foes. Alternatively, Well-Baked Body provides a permanent Fire immunity. Recover is a key addition that provides Claydol the longevity it was lacking. Heavy-Duty Boots may be useful to avoid taking damage from Hot Coals and Steel Shards (Fire and Steel type clones of Stealth Rock) as it pivots about, although it still avoids Spikes due to intrinsic Levitation. For pivoting, it can choose between Teleport for guaranteed slow switches, or Dust Devil, a clone of Chilly Reception for Sandstorm, to reset weather.

Scorching Sands was an absolute blessing to this Pokemon, making it potentially hard to break through on the physical side, although Land's Wrath (special Ground type Fire Blast clone) can deter frailer specially offensive sweepers from deciding to set up on Claydol. Ember Armour is quite useful for Claydol, shedding its Grass, Bug, and Water weaknesses for resistance, losing the Ghost and Dark weakness, and only gaining a Rock and Water weakness in return. Keep in mind that wearing Armour replaces Claydol's ability, but not its intrinsic levitation.

:xy/swalot:
Type: Poison / Normal
Abilities: Liquid Ooze / Toxic Debris / Gluttony
Stats: 130 / 60 / 83 / 102 / 110 / 55 (540 BST)
Swalot @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gluttony / Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Aggregate
- Corrosive Gas
- Toxic Spikes / Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Truth be told, Swalot probably isn't making OU or even UU with these changes, but even shitmons need buffs. The stats are obviously quite higher than they used to be, and Swalot has a choice between two great abilities - Toxic Debris, which is always annoying, and Gluttony, which now doubles the amount of HP received from held items, including Leftovers. Aggregate is an interesting move, which heals the user by 1/3 max HP, and if there are any hazards on either side of the field, removes them and heals an additional 1/3 max HP. It's not incredibly reliable, and it's the only recovery move Swalot gets, but it's something. Corrosive Gas is now a special poison type Knock Off clone; but that's not quite as good as you think, as Knock Off and its clones no longer receive a power boost when removing items. Like I said, Swalot really isnt anything special, but it's bulk is quite impressive and the utility it brings alongside its typing makes it not immediately outclassed by every other bulky Poison type.

:xy/jirachi:
Type: Steel / Psychic
Abilities: Serene Grace / Soul-Heart
Stats: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 (600 BST)
Jirachi @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Decorate / Wish
- Tidy Up / Steel Shards / Revival Blessing
- Teleport / U-turn
- Earth Power / Mirror Shot / Doom Desire / Jirachi has so much coverage

Jirachi gets a much needed face-lift. First, there are no Z-moves in this mod, so no Z-Celebrate shenanigans to deal with. Jirachi has been a pretty mediocre support mon for a while, offering too little to its team while not having reliable recovery. While it still doesn't get reliable recovery, it does have options now, with the addition of Decorate to its movepool, which is now a Speed based Strength Sap clone. For utility, it can choose between Tidy Up, which now removes entry hazards, Substitutes, and cures the user of status conditions. Revival Blessing is revamped too - still 1 PP, but now you must choose a Non-fainted teammate, and then you restore half its HP and cure it of status; essentially, a worse healing wish at the cost of not fainting. Steel Shards is the Steel version of Stealth Rock, as Jirachi does not learn the latter now. For pivoting, again, you can choose between U-turn or Teleport. And for coverage, Jirachi gets a key move in Earth Power. Lastly, Soul-Heart is changed; no longer raising SpA when an active Pokémon faints but rather healing the user by 1/8 max HP after it successfully uses an attack. Soul-Heart is the signature ability of all the Mythical Pixies; if it has base 100 stats across the board, it's gets Soul-Heart.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Avalanche
- Revival Blessing / Rock Slide / Fire Punch
- U-turn

Scarf Rachi also gets a glow-up; Avalanche and Rock Slide are now Ice and Rock type clones of Iron Head respectively, meaning there's more flinching for everyone! Really not much to say here; it plays the same as Scarf Jirachi always has, just with better moves to abuse Serene Grace, and with the superior Revival Blessing over Healing Wish. Have fun getting haxxed from full health.

:xy/torterra:
Type: Grass / Ground
Abilities: Overgrow / Drought / Solid Rock
Stats: 95 / 124 / 115 / 65 / 85 / 56 (540 BST)
Torterra @ Heat Rock / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought / Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Terraform
- Earthquake / Headlong Rush
- Grav Apple / Body Press
- Morning Sun

A favorite from the XY OU theorymon project, Drought Torterra provides sun teams with a setter that has Rock and Ground resistances, as well as a pseudo-Water resistance. Choose between whatever form of hazard control you wish with the addition of Spikes and Terraform (remember, thats a Ground type Defog). Headlong Rush is a bit less appealing, with only 110 BP, although it also only lowers your Defense 1 stage. Grav Apple is now super-effective against Flying types, making the Lando-T's wish they had stayed at home. Morning Sun's healing in the sun is superb alongside its increased PP, and is used over Synthesis, which now heals more in Grassy Terrain. While this overlaps somewhat with Great Tusk's typing, the ability to forgo the frail Ninetales is greatly appreciated. If you for some reason aren't using this on a sun team, Solid Rock is a neat option which halves the damage Torterra takes from Fighting and Steel type moves.

:xy/spiritomb:
Thanatomb
Type: Ghost / Dark
Abilities: Pressure / Power of Alchemy / Perish Body
Stats: 65 / 112 / 118 / 112 / 118 / 35 (560 BST)
Thanatomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Infernal Parade
- Aura Sphere / Will-o-Wisp
- Moonlight

Spiritomb receives an evolution, Thanatomb, with much higher bulk thanks primarily due to the 15 points of HP it gains upon evolving. With this bulk, Thanatomb makes an excellent bulky sweeper, alongside its new ability, Power of Alchemy, which copies the ability of the last Pokémon in your party (except abilities that Skill Swap fails against, Wonder Guard, Huge Power, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, and Fur Coat). Want to be immune to status? Use a Flower Veil Pokemon in your last slot. Need a random immunity? Just have something with Flash Fire, Earth Eater, etc. Want some healing with your moves? Copy a mon with the Parasitic ability (which causes the wielder to recover 1/3 of the damage dealt by all attacks). The possibilities are endless, dependent on your team composition.

In addition to Power of Alchemy, Thanatomb gets a handful of new moves to aid it in being an amazing bulky sweeper. Infernal Parade (special, Ghost, 80 BP, 100% accurate, 16 PP), inflicts Perish Song on the target, meaning Thanatomb will always win Calm Mind wars. Aura Sphere provides amazing coverage alongside this, although you can also run Will-o-Wisp to stop physical set up sweepers from outboosting you. Lastly, Moonlight provides reliable recovery with 16 PP.

Thanatomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip / Last Respects
- Drain Punch / Last Respects / Cold Snap
- Moonlight

A physical set works as well, with some different options for attacking moves. Power Trip is always useful, as is Last Respects, which is now 50 BP, 8 PP, and goes up 20 BP for each fainted teammate. That PP is definitely killer though. Drain Punch provides recovery alongside excellent coverage, and Cold Snap is an Ice type Will-o-Wisp clone, inflicting Frostbite on the target (6.25% chip per turn, halves special attack). This set is more suited against offensive teams that may lack a bulky set-up sweeper of their own; winning CM or Bulk Up wars is less assured without Infernal Parade.

:xy/shaymin-sky:
Type: Grass/ Flying
Abilities: Flower Veil / Soul-Heart
Stats: 100 / 103 / 75 / 120 / 75 / 127 (600 BST)
Shaymin-S @ Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flower Veil
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Cutter
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Synthesis / Wilting Wish / Healing Wish

So Shaymin-Sky is legal again in OU! This is because it no longer has Serene Grace. For good measure, Seed Flare now has a 50% chance to put Leech Seed on the target. However, it is still a powerful and fast breaker, and Grass/Flying/Ground is pretty good coverage. Air Cutter is now 90 BP and 100% accurate, with a 10% chance to lower SpD 1 stage, giving you none of the flinching of Air Slash and a bit more power. The last slot is a toss-up: Taunt helps stallbreak, Synthesis lets you keep yourself healthy, and Wilting Wish (200 BP special Grass attack, causes the user to faint) or Healing Wish are for when you want to go out with a bang. Flower Veil is a fantastic ability, making Shaymin-S immune to volatile status conditions.

:xy/gigalith:
Type: Rock
Abilities: Prism Armor / Sand Stream / Solar Power
Stats: 85 / 60 / 130 / 135 / 80 / 60 (550 BST)
Gigalith @ Smooth Rock / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sand Stream / Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Beam / Power Gem
- Recover
- Body Press / Earth Power / Mystical Fire

Gigalith's Atk and SpA are reversed based on its Pokedex entries which talk about it firing lazer beams everywhere. It can either act as sand support for its team or just as a tank in its own right - Prism Armor now makes it immune to Steel type moves and Steel Shards, and it heals 25% max HP when hit by a Steel type attack. Meteor Beam (120 BP, 70% accurate, 30% chance to raise user's Spe 1 stage, ignore accuracy under Sandstorm) acts as a reliable STAB, or you can use Power Gem to ignore changing weather conditions. Recover and a coverage move of choice round out the set. Ultimately, access to recovery and a switch to special offense allow Gigalith to carve out a niche on Sand teams against the Ttars and Hippos of the world.

Gigalith @ Life Orb / Blunder Policy
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Crystallize
- Power Gem / Meteor Beam
- Solar Beam
- Mystical Fire

OK this is really just a meme set, but it could probably be really fun if your opponent somehow has no priority or scarfers left. Gigalith gets access to Crystallize, an Ice type move which is a special clone of Shift Gear, raising Spe 2 stages and SpA 1 stage. Combined with a buffed Power Gem (90 BP baby), and Solar Power, which now boosts the wielder's Grass and Fire type attacks by 1.3x, this could be a fun late game sweeper. Solar Beam is now a Meteor Beam clone (so 110 BP, 70% accuracy, 30% chance to raise Spe 1 stage, perfectly accurate in sun), and Mystical Fire has been buffed to 80 BP. Blunder Policy has been buffed to raise both Spe and Acc 2 stages each when you miss a move, so all the speed boosting options together (Crystallize, possibly Solar Beam, possibly Blunder Policy) might actually make Gigalith fast enough to overcome its base 60 Speed. But still, probably just a meme.

:xy/zebstrika:
Type: Electric / Fire
Abilities: Transistor / Motor Drive / Unburden
Stats: 75 / 121 / 75 / 80 / 75 / 114 (540 BST)
Zebstrika @ Hard Hat / Choice Band
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Wheel / Volt Switch
- Volt Tackle / Shocking Tail
- Flare Blitz / Blaze Kick
- Thunder Wave / Thunderous Kick / High Horsepower / Zing Zap

Zebstrika gains the predictable Electric / Fire typing, buffs to its Speed and Attack, and some new offensive options. Beyond that however, it pretty much has nothing: no recovery, no utility. Zebstrika focuses on damage and speed, pure and simple. That said, there's nothing wrong with simple, and Zebstrika has a surprising amount of options within this focus. Starting with abilities, Transistor is far and away the best option. Transistor no longer provides a 1.5x boost to Electric moves; rather, it allows the wielder's Electric moves to affect Ground types normally. This allows Zebstrika to spam its STABs freely without fear of being completely shut down by Lando-Ts or Gliscors (although Great Tusk is still a counter).

For pivoting, Flame Wheel is usually the best option as it comes off the higher attacking stat, although Volt Switch can be useful if you don't want to deal with Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin damage when pivoting. Volt Tackle has been freely distributed to many physical Electric types; it alongside Flare Blitz and all their other clones now only deal 1/4 recoil damage to the user. This can be remedied with the new Hard Hat item, which negates recoil damage and causes recoil moves to ignore the effects of contact. Be aware that the latter effect only applies to recoil moves, not all of the holder's attacks. And if you aren't interested in dealing with recoil or using a Hard Hat, Blaze Kick (95 BP, 95% accurate, physical fire attack, high crit ratio) and Shocking Tail (85 BP,100% accurate, physical electric attack, paralyzes the target if it has any raised stats) are always less powerful options.

For the final slot, it's a toss up. Thunder Wave could be useful to spread unblockable paralysis; Thunderous Kick (changed to 90 BP and 30% to paralyze the target) does the same while offering some coverage. High Horsepower is a Ground type Flare Blitz clone now, synergizing with Hard Hat; and finally Zing Zap is now an Electric type Quick Attack clone. Ultimately, glass cannons that can spam STAB are pretty fun.

:xy/braviary:
Type: Normal / Flying
Abilities: Scrappy / Sheer Force / Defiant
Stats: 100 / 123 / 85 / 67 / 85 / 80 (540 BST)
Braviary @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird / Dive-Bomb
- U-turn

Honestly, there's not much to explain here. Sure, Scrappy now allows all physical attacks of any type to hit through immunities, but that doesn't matter when you're just spamming E-Speed and Close Combat anyways. And yes, Brave Bird's recoil has been reduced to 1/4, and yes, it has Dive-Bomb (physical flying attack, 90 BP, 100% accurate, 16 PP, 10% chance to lower target's Def 1 stage) as an alternative. But really, this is just banal Extreme Speed spam, and its delicious.

Braviary @ Safety Policy
Ability: Sheer Force / Scrappy
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird / Dive-Bomb
- Roost
- Substitute

Idk if this would actually be any good, but its worth noting that Brave Bird is now boosted by Sheer Force (10% chance to flinch baby). Get this set behind screens and delete bulky teams from existence. Safety Policy is a new item which boosts the holder's Def and SpD by 2 stages each when it's affected by entry hazards. Stealth Rock will take a good chunk out of you, but Hot Coals and Steel Shards are considerably less harmful and still proc Safety Policy.

:xy/heatmor:
Type: Fire / Steel
Abilities: Gluttony / White Smoke / Mold Breaker
Stats: 85 / 120 / 114 / 60 / 66 / 95 (540 BST)
Heatmor @ Enigma Berry
Ability: Gluttony / Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake / Wild Charge
- Iron Tail / Wild Charge

Heatmor, like Heatran, now has the excellent Fire / Steel typing. While Heatmor has pitiful special bulk and lacks Flash Fire, it does have quite a few tools that Heatran doesn't, Shift Gear being the most immediately noticeable one. Heatmor's typing is good enough to nab at least one set-up opportunity in a game, and its actually pretty damn strong. Flare Blitz's decreased recoil (1/4 vs 1/3) is nice for longevity, and Iron Tail is a decent secondary STAB (115 BP, 85% accurate, physical Steel attack). Wild Charge is now an Electric type Iron Head clone; no recoil is nice but the BP kinda sucks. The item of choice is the buffed Enigma Berry; it essentially acts as an all-in-one resist berry, halving the damage of a super-effective hit and restoring 1/8 of the holder's max HP. Gluttony synergizes well with this; healing 1/4 max HP instead. Mold Breaker is also an option to break through stray Flash Fires and Prison Armors.

Heatmor @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke / Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Aggregate / Steel Shards / Hot Coals
- Incinerate / Knock Off / Morning Sun
- Fire Lash
- Taunt

OK this set says Heatran at Home, and while its stats arent quite as impressive as Heatran's, it has quite a few unique defensive tools that Heatran doesn't. Aggregate is excellent removal and recovery in one, although Morning Sun is also an option. Incinerate is a special fire type clone of knock off; useful, but remember that neither move gets a power boost when removing items. Fire Lash and Taunt together make an amazing stallbreaking combo. Honestly, this set could also be called Astrolotl at home with this toolkit.

But, unlike Astrolotl, Heatmor doesn't have Regenerator. Instead, it can choose between the aforementioned Gluttony to double Leftovers healing, or the unique White Smoke. White Smoke is an incredibly powerful anti-setup tool; When a Pokemon with this ability enters the battlefield, it resets the stat stage changes of all active Pokemon a la Haze. While this doesn't stop opponents from setting up afterward, doubling Heatmor in and out of set-up sweepers is basically free, and you can always Taunt slower set-up sweepers. This unique combination of tools makes Heatmor an excellent disruptor.

:xy/avalugg:
Type: Ice
Abilities: Stalwart / Permafrost / Heatproof
Stats: 95 / 117 / 184 / 54 / 60 / 30 (540 BST)
Before looking at sample Avalugg sets, lets talk Ice type buffs.
  • Hail boosting the Defense of Ice types by 1.5x was a thing in this mod before Snowscape, so I've kept Hail around, and axed everything related to Snowscape (mons that learn this move now learn Hail). Ice, Fire, and Water types are all immune to Hail chip, making it somewhat easier to build with.
  • Ice types have always been bad defensively, and I don't think there is anything I can do to change this, short of removing some the type's weaknesses. I haven't done this; I think that having bad defensive types in the game (like Rock and Bug) is healthy to be honest! What I have done is grant Ice three additional resistances: Ghost, Fairy, and Flying. The flavor is kind of there, but I don't feel like explaining it so you'll just have to live with it if you think this is the least flavorful thing to be included in this Pet Mod. I will, however, explain my competitive reasons for this choice.
  1. Having one resist is pathetic, and kind of just bad game design. By granting Ice some resistances, literally any resistances, Ice types gain the ability to pivot into attacks more easily. They still have a bunch of terrible weakness, but at least they have something to come in on now. It doesn't hurt that Ghost, Fairy, and Flying are 3 of the best offensive types in the game.
  2. A follow on to that is, with extra resists, you can look at putting an Ice type on your team and think something other than "damn, this thing is an absolute defensive liability and I wish it didn't have the Ice type at all and just used Ice moves offensively. Types like Ground / Ice, Fairy / Ice, and Water / Ice are way better when that second type actually brings something to the table. They still aren't ideal or even good defensive typings, but those key resists really help.
  3. The three typings I did choose are some of the best offensive types in the game, specifically as neutral coverage. Any Pokemon with two of Ice, Ghost, Fairy, and Flying as STABs is probably tempted to run just its STABs alone, using its other two moves for set-up or utility. Ice type resisting all these now makes these Pokemon more inclined to run a coverage move, maybe not just for Ice types, but taking Ice types into account. And its not like fitting Rock, Fighting, or Fire coverage is a hard ask.

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Body Press / Metal Burst
- Rapid Spin
- Recover / Snow Shroud

At first glance, not much has changed from the standard set, but looks are deceiving. Avalugg gets Heatproof as an ability, providing a complete immunity to Fire moves. This is way better than Permafrost (1/16 max HP recovered at the end of turn, upped to 1/8 in the Hail) and Stalwart (raises Avalugg's Def 2 stages when any of its stats are lowered by the opponent. Avalugg also gets access to Icicle Crash as a more reliable STAB (90 BP, 100% acc, 16 PP, physical Ice attack, 10% chance to lower target's Def 1 stage). The extra resistances really help Avalugg fit better on stall teams, and the reverted nerf to Recover (16 PP) further helps. Snow Shroud is an Ice type Morning Sun clone, healing more in Hail, and also sitting at 16 PP). Lastly, Metal Burst can be situationally useful if you want to surprise the opponent.

But really, just the addition of more resistances and an immunity to Fire are the biggest buffs, and while Avalugg still has a bad defensive typing, these changes really help it pull its weight on Stall.

:xy/aurorus:
Type: Rock / Ice
Abilities: Magic Guard / Fossilize / Snow Warning
Stats: 120 / 55 / 60 / 125 / 85 / 95 (540 BST)
Aurorus @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Chilly Reception

Aurorus is a sick design, and so I really loaded it with buffs. Stats-wise, it really gets a face lift, with increased SpA and Spe (why would Gamefreak give something with such a bad typing speed that low?!), and only slightly lowered special bulk, keeping in mind the Defense boost from Hail. This alone is huge, giving Aurorus a fighting chance against Abomasnow and Ninetales-Alola. The additional Fairy and Ghost resistances are common to all three Hail setters, but can't be ignored when considering this mon's usefulness. Aurorus also gets two great utility options for its team, in Stealth Rock, and Chilly Reception; while it doesn't set Hail with the move, it still pivots Aurorus out, providing a safer switch. Really, just the stat buffs alone are great; Aurorus is a middle ground between the slow and strong Abomasnow and the faster but lacking in coverage Ninetales.

Aurorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry / Diamond Storm
- Chilly Reception / Crystallize

Life Orb Magic Guard hell yeah. This set can either function as a sweeper with Crystallize (status move, +2 Spe, +1 SpA) or just as a powerful wallbreaker in its own right. Yes, its defensive typing is pretty bad, but the sheer power of Life Orb and 125 SpA while ignoring all forms of indirect damage is pretty damn good, and Aurorus can't even be frostbitten (The status which replaces Freeze and halves SpA). Blizzard is recommended on Hail teams over Ice Beam, although I don't know if a sweeper with a weakness to priority moves is really a great idea. Freeze-Dry, while great coverage, got a solid nerf by halving its PP to 8. You can also try using Diamond Storm, especially on sets without Crystallize; this move is now a special Rock type Draco Meteor clone. Chilly Reception is probably more useful than Stealth Rock, allowing you to pivot out of anything which is bulky enough to take your STAB attacks alongside Earth Power.

:xy/goodra:
Type: Dragon / Fairy
Abilities: Poison Heal / Hydration / Gooey
Stats: 90 / 110 / 80 / 90 / 150 / 80 (600 BST)
Goodra @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 258 HP / 160 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hoodwink / Play Nice
- Aggregate
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail / Heart Swap / Play Nice / Toxic / Scald

Goodra gets new lease on life with Poison Heal, which provides it with the recovery and status immunity it has long sought, alongside the coveted Dragon / Fairy typing. In what is probably becoming a meme in this post, yes, it also gets Aggregate to remove hazards. Its stats have also been rearranged for a more physical bias; while its physical coverage is not as good as its special coverage, it gets some a neat toy in Hoodwink, a physical Fairy clone of Quash (75 BP and forces the target to move last next turn), which is usually superior to Play Rough. Earthquake and Fire Punch provide coverage and other essential roughage, while the last slot is a toss-up with a lot of options: Dragon Tail shuffles answers to Goodra, Heart Swap allows it to temporarily halt set-up sweepers or boost alongside them, Toxic has rare distribution beyond Poison types, Scald lets you fish for burns, and lastly you have Play Nice. Play Nice is a physical Fairy type attack, 20 BP, which infatuates the target; a target which is infatuated will now only deal half damage with attacks against all Pokemon of the opposite gender, regardless of which Pokemon infatuated them.

:xy/trevenant:
Type: Ghost / Grass
Abilities: Natural Cure / Shadow Tag / Harvest
Stats: 85 / 120 / 88 / 55 / 122 / 70 (540 BST)
Trevenant @ Choice Band
Ability: Harvest / Shadow Tag
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Spectral Thief / Poltergeist
- Earthquake / Forest's Curse
- Shadow Sneak

Trevenant gets two amazing new abilities in Shadow Tag and Harvest: the former no longer traps opponents, instead summoning an Embargo on the the opponent's side of the field for 5 turns. Embargo has been slightly reworked, being a lasting, directional (meaning it only affects the side of the field it is up on) field condition that nullifies the effect of all items, prevents Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion, and is extendable by holding an Arcane Clay. Harvest now gives the user's attacks a 50% chance to inflict Leech Seed on the target after hitting. Trevenant appreciates Spectral Thief as a STAB with some utility; while it is too slow to effectively revenge kill speed boosting or priority sweepers, it can disrupt CM or Bulk Up sweepers with aplomb. Forest's Curse is an interesting option; it is now a pivoting move a la Parting Shot, lowering the target's Def and SpD 1 stage each. Lastly, newfound access to Shadow Sneak rounds out the set and gives Trevenant some revenge killing capacity.

A set with Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, and Loaded Dice boosted Bullet Seed and Bone Rush (now a bullet seed clone) could also be considered, although Trevevant is probably just a bit too slow for this and has to make an awkward choice between strong Ghost STAB or priority.

:xy/vikavolt:
Type: Bug / Electric
Abilities: Battery / No Guard / Speed Boost (Intrinsic Levitation!)
Stats: 77 / 59 / 90 / 145 / 75 / 84 (530 BST)
snip

:xy/golisopod:
Type: Bug / Water
Abilities: Emergency Exit / Battle Armor / Hyper Cutter
Stats: 80 / 130 / 140 / 60 / 90 / 50 (540 BST)
snip

:xy/marshadow:
Type: Fighting / Ghost
Abilities: Technician / Soul-Heart
Stats: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 (600 BST)
snip

:xy/dubwool:
Type: Normal / Steel
Abilities: Fluffy / Steadfast / Bulletproof
Stats: 82 / 100 / 120 / 60 / 90 / 88 (540 BST)
snip

:xy/runerigus:
Type: Ghost / Rock
Abilities: Wandering Spirit / Unnerve / Filter
Stats: 58 / 50 / 145 / 112 / 145 / 30 (540 BST)
snip

:xy/sandaconda:
Sandaconda-Mega
Type: Ground => Ground / Flying
Abilities: Sand Spit / Shed Skin / Bask => Sand Spit
Stats: 72 / 60 / 125 / 107 / 90 / 71 (525 BST) => 72 / 75 / 125 / 147 / 100 / 106 (625 BST)
snip

:xy/revavroom:
Type: Poison / Steel
Abilities: Pickup / Motor Drive / Filter
Stats: 80 / 100 / 124 / 50 / 70 / 116 (540 BST)
snip

:xy/slither wing:
Type: Bug / Ground
Abilities: Protosynthesis / Scrappy
Stats: 85 / 135 / 79 / 73 / 105 / 93 (540 BST)
snip

:xy/iron-jugulis:
Type: Dark / Steel
Abilities: Quark Drive / Neuroforce (Intrinsic Levitation!)
Stats: 94 / 60 / 100 / 128 / 80 / 108 (570 BST)
snip

Kringuin and Pheromosa to come

Last edited:
Back To Square One
(Will be playable soon in glitchshowdown.com)
(Thanks to DuoM2 and everyone at the discord server, especially Yak Attack and Prowlcorp, for their great help to make this meta. Extra thanks to Yak Attack for hosting the mod for me lol)

Back to square 1.png
Mascot:

Summary of the Mod: Every Move, Held Item, Ability and Pokémon's base stats will work like they did in their debut generation. Raichu has 100 base Speed instead of 110, Blizzard has 120 BP and 90% acc, Protean activates for every move used, etc. (National Dex Based)
  • Every Gen 1 Pokémon will have SpA and SpD stats equal to their Special Stat in RBY (Ex: Charizard has 85 SpA and SpD, Gengar has 130 SpA and SpD, etc.);
  • Any move that affected Special in Gen 1 (ie Psychic, Amnesia and Growth) will now affect SpA and SpD at the same time (meaning Amnesia is a double Calm Mind, but Cosmic Power will still never raise SpA, since it didn't debut in Gen 1);
  • The type chart will remain unchanged;
  • Status conditions also work as normal(So no super OP Freeze and no Electric type getting Paralysed);
    • For this reason, Leech Seed will not be affected by the toxic counter, unlike in gen1 (I don't want the meta being dominated by sub-seed toxic whimiscott lol)
  • Every Pokémon's movepool and Ability options will remain the same (otherwise early Gen Pokémon would suck);
  • Moves introduced prior to Gen 4 will have their original type-dependent categories (Ice Punch is Special, Hyper Voice is Physical, etc.).
  • Struggle will remain unchanged to avoid endless battle clause scenarios.
  • Similarly, Hidden Power's patterns will be the gen 3 ones due to IV mechanics being unchanged (EVs too by the way).
  • All of the PLA Moves will have their gen 9 effect, due to the game's different mechanics and lack of PvP
  • Due to technical limitations, Counter can no longer cause the battle to desync.
Competitive Overview:
Rules:
  • Standart National Dex
  • Smogon Wide Clauses
  • Freeze Clause Mod (JP RBY Blizzard has a 30% Freeze chance... yikes)
  • Dynamax Clause

Bans:
  • Arena Trap
  • Shadow Tag
  • Power Construct
  • Dig
    and Fly
    (Glitched in gen 1)
  • Assist
  • Baton Pass
  • Last Respects
  • Soul Dew

Unbanned From Nat Dex Ubers and AG:
  • Baxcalibur
  • Chien Pao
  • Dragapult
  • Flutter Mane
  • Gholdengo
  • Kingambit
  • Kyurem-Black
  • Melmetal
  • Roaring Moon
  • Spectrier
  • Zygarde

Watchlist:
  • Aegislash
  • Baxcalibur
  • Chien Pao
  • Cinderace
  • Darkrai
  • Diancie-Mega
  • Dragapult
  • Flutter Mane
  • Kingambit
  • Kyurem-Black
  • Melmetal
  • Meowscarada
  • Zygarde
  • Shed Tail
  • Gen1 Partial Trapping Moves

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Electric
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Blizzard
- Tera Blast
- Hydro Pump

Icicle Spear Sucks now, but Cloyster now has a solid 85 SpD, meaning that setting up is much easier now. Plus Blizzard is a good replacement and it has acess to the incredibly annoying Clamp.

/
/
/
Do you remember that weather was so broken in Gen 5 that weather abilities were nerfed to not be permanent? Well forget about that, 'cause the chaos is back! Also... Hail Yeah! Because Hail is also back and Snow is now only settable via Chlilling Reception and Snowscape and its pretty much useless anyways.

Yeah... let's talk about the Great Tusk on the room: Amnesia. Now this move raises SpA and SpD by two stages, basically like a double Calm Mind. Scream Tail and both Slowkings in particular also have Stored Power to get past Unaware Pokémon.

Recover has 32 pp now... yikes.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Chansey has its precious 105 SpA back. Calm Mind sets probably will be quite hard to stop thanks to its massive bulk and recovery.

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute/ Psychic Fangs

Dragapult has Physical Shadow Ball now... is this really getting banned from another OM?

Protean and Libero, like I mentioned earlier, now work like they did prior to being nerfed. Time to see who is getting banned first.

These are far from the only things that was unnerfed here. Aegislash, Soul Dew, among othwrs, will definitely shake up the metagame as well.
Forget about Dual Screens, they only affect the user now. Aurora Veil still works jut fine though.

Defog no longer removes hazards from your side of the field. Now the only ways to remove hazards are Rapid Spin (which now is 20bp and doesn't raise speed) Mortal Spin (Glimmora) and Tidy Up (very limited distribution). You can also play against hazards with Magic Bounce (Mega Diancie seems particularly good with Amnesia) and the always reliable Heavy Duty Boots.

At least you can only have one layer of Spikes now, which pokémon like Samurott-Hisui, Garchomp and Skarmory definetly don't apreciate

While Dragapult may have loved that Shadow Ball is Physical now, I wouldn't say the same about other, special attacking Ghost types. Now the only half decent, non signature Special Ghost moves are Hex and Ominous Wind.

/
Losing Stabs to the lazy early gen Physical-Special Split is never fun. For example, Crunch, Knock Off (which now only has 20bp anyways), Dragon Claw and Outrage (now only 90bp) are all special now. Dark types still have some decent options (like 80 bp Sucker Punch), but Dragon types aren't nearly as lucky (Dragon Rush isn't exactly good).

Unlike Cloyster, Pokémon like Breloom, Kyurem-Black and Cinccino hate losing Icicle Spear and Bullet Seed.

Weak Armor now only raises speed by one stage.

Thats right, the Sitrus and HP pinch Berries are useless now, which only really affects Belly Drum, Shed Tail and Harvest users anyway, but still relevant enough to be mentioned.

Questions for the community:
  • Currently nothing

If there is something that I may be missing, just let me know please!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Back To Square One
View attachment 518302
Mascot:
or

Summary of the Mod: Every Move, Held Item, Ability and Pokémon's base stats will work like they did in their debut generation. Raichu has 100 base Speed instead of 110, Blizzard has 120 BP and 90% acc, Protean activates for every move used, etc.
  • Every Gen 1 Pokémon will have SpA and SpD stats equal to their Special Stat in RBY (Ex: Charizard has 85 SpA and SpD, Gengar has 130 SpA and SpD, etc.);
  • Any move that affected Special in Gen 1 (ie Psychic and Amnesia) will now affect SpA and SpD at the same time (meaning Amnesia is a double Calm Mind, but Cosmic Power will still never raise SpA, since it didn't debut in Gen 1);
  • Status conditions still work as normal (So no super OP Freeze and no Electric type getting Paralysed);
  • Every Pokémon's movepool and Ability options will remain the same (otherwise early Gen Pokémon would suck);
  • Moves introduced prior to Gen 4 will have their original type-dependent categories (Ice Punch is Special, Hyper Voice is Physical, etc.).
Competitive Overview:

Cloyster @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Blizzard
- Tera Blast
- Hydro Pump

Icicle Spear Sucks now, but Cloyster now has a solid 85 SpD, meaning that setting up is much easier now. Plus Blizzard is a good replacement.

/
/
/
Do you remember that weather was so broken in Gen 5 that weather abilities were nerfed to not be permanent? Well forget about that, 'cause the chaos is back! Also... Hail Yeah! Because Hail is also back and Snow is now only settable via Chlilling Reception and Snowscape and its pretty much useless anyways.

Yeah... let's talk about the Great Tusk on the room: Amnesia. Now this move raises SpA and SpD by two stages, basically like a double Calm Mind. Scream Tail and Slowking in particular also have Stored Power to get past Unaware Pokémon.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Chansey has its precious 105 SpA back. Calm Mind sets probably will be quite hard to stop thanks to its massive bulk and recovery.

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Shadow Ball

Dragapult has Physical Shadow Ball now... is this really getting banned from another OM?

Protean and Libero, like I mentioned earlier, now work like they did prior to being nerfed. Time to see who is getting banned first.
Forget about Dual Screens, they only affect the user now. Aurora Veil still works jut fine though.

While Dragapult may have loved that Shadow Ball is Physical now, I wouldn't say the same about other, special attacking Ghost types. Now the only half decent, non signature Special Ghost moves are Hex and Ominous Wind, the latter not even being in the game...

Unlike Cloyster, Breloom hates losing Bullet Seed, making Technician sets effectively useless now. At least it can still run Poison Heal ig.

Losing Stabs to the lazy early gen Physical-Special Split is never fun. For example, Crunch, Knock Off (which now only has 20bp anyways), Dragon Claw and Outrage (now only 90bp) are all special now. Night Slash and Dragon Rush aren't nearly as good.

• How should the type chart be handled? Should it be untouched or should all types work like they did in their debut too?
Some other things that I think are worth note -

- In gen 1, Fire Blast has a 30% chance to burn, and in the JP versions specifically Blizzard has a 30% chance to freeze in addition to the aforementioned accuracy buff. Those two moves are going to be significantly more annoying now.

- Explosion is effectively base 340 power thanks to how it worked in gen 1. At worst Glimmora might appreciate this, but I have no experience with what makes for a good Explosion user in oldgens. Garganacl and Magnezone also learn this and might be fine enough at abusing it.

- This post doesn't say whether this is based on Natdex or SV (the latter is implied), but Defog no longer removes hazards from the user's side, completely gutting its usage. Rapid Spin also no longer boosts Speed and is 20 base power. In SV specifically hazard removal's in a pretty dire state and did not need this hit. A fair amount of Pokemon like Corviknight in both have had their entire usage hinging on Defog and will now be a lot more difficult to slot onto teams. Consolation prize is that Spikes can no longer have any more than 1 layer but still pretty big negative and provided I am right about this being SV-based, Great Tusk will have even more usage than it already did.

- Growth actually also gets effected by the special split since that move existed in gen 1, so it's effectively a Calm Mind clone now. Potentially fun abusers could include Wo-Chien, Toedscruel, and Amoonguss, and Scovillain probably isn't going to appreciate its boosting option being changed. Maybe the Sp. Def boost could make it easier to use the move since iirc it's pretty brittle but I don't think that makes up for the drop in power.

- Dragon-types now completely lack an even usable physical move since Dragon Claw and Outrage are both special attacks now, with Outrage being cut to 90 base power as well. The closest you get is now with Dragon Rush which is absolutely horrible, provided you don't have a signature at least. Some things like Dragonite won't care but like Roaring Moon might for example.

- imo type chart should be untouched if you're leaving status as it is in gen 9.

bout it i think the post covered everything else especially relevant

- This post doesn't say whether this is based on Natdex or SV (the latter is implied), but Defog no longer removes hazards from the user's side, completely gutting its usage. Rapid Spin also no longer boosts Speed and is 20 base power. In SV specifically hazard removal's in a pretty dire state and did not need this hit. A fair amount of Pokemon like Corviknight in both have had their entire usage hinging on Defog and will now be a lot more difficult to slot onto teams. Consolation prize is that Spikes can no longer have any more than 1 layer but still pretty big negative and provided I am right about this being SV-based, Great Tusk will have even more usage than it already did.
Good point. Since I originally was planning to this as a OM, I was thinking of this as a SV metagame. I forgot to change it when copying and pasting the other post. Though for a meta like this, Nat Dex fits much better.

- imo type chart should be untouched if you're leaving status as it is in gen 9.
Yeah I agree with you. Now I'm going to edit the post now that its a Natdex metagame (done)

Last edited:
Back To Square One
View attachment 518302
Mascot:
or

Summary of the Mod: Every Move, Held Item, Ability and Pokémon's base stats will work like they did in their debut generation. Raichu has 100 base Speed instead of 110, Blizzard has 120 BP and 90% acc, Protean activates for every move used, etc. (National Dex Based)
  • Any move that affected Special in Gen 1 (ie Psychic, Amnesia and Growth) will now affect SpA and SpD at the same time (meaning Amnesia is a double Calm Mind, but Cosmic Power will still never raise SpA, since it didn't debut in Gen 1);
  • Status conditions also work as normal (So no super OP Freeze and no Electric type getting Paralysed);
Competitive Overview:

Cloyster @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Blizzard
- Tera Blast
- Hydro Pump

Icicle Spear Sucks now, but Cloyster now has a solid 85 SpD, meaning that setting up is much easier now. Plus Blizzard is a good replacement.

/
/
/

Yeah... let's talk about the Great Tusk on the room: Amnesia. Now this move raises SpA and SpD by two stages, basically like a double Calm Mind. Scream Tail and both Slowkings in particular also have Stored Power to get past Unaware Pokémon.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Shadow Ball

Defog no longer removes hazards from your side of the field. Now the only ways to remove hazards are Rapid Spin (which now is 20bp and doesn't raise speed) Mortal Spin (Glimmora) and Tidy Up (Maushold). You can also play against hazards with Magic Bounce (Mega Diancie seems particularly good with Amnesia) and the always reliable Heavy Duty Boots.

While Dragapult may have loved that Shadow Ball is Physical now, I wouldn't say the same about other, special attacking Ghost types. Now the only half decent, non signature Special Ghost moves are Hex and Ominous Wind.

/
Losing Stabs to the lazy early gen Physical-Special Split is never fun. For example, Crunch, Knock Off (which now only has 20bp anyways), Dragon Claw and Outrage (now only 90bp) are all special now. Dark types still have some decent options (like 80 bp Sucker Punch), but Dragon types aren't nearly as lucky (Dragon Rush isn't exactly good).

Unlike Cloyster, Breloom hates losing Bullet Seed, making Technician sets effectively useless now. At least it can still run Poison Heal ig.

Thats right, the Sitrus and HP pinch Berries are useless now, which only really affects Belly Drum and Harvest users anyway, but still relevant enough to be mentioned.

• How should I handle moves like Blizzard which only have a 30% freeze chance in the japanese versions of RGB?
Post updated with more relevant changes and a new question.

Also, what should I do if I want to make this playable (in Dragon Heaven for example)? I only really started doing this now.

Positionmons:
Mascot: :iron hands:
Mod Summary:

Mons battle on a 5x5 arena. Each turn, before attacking, they can move an amount equal to their speed/50, rounded towards closest (min 1). When a pokemon moves, if it moves out of range 1 with a pokemon, that pokemon may attack it outside of its normal attack. After that, they attack. Each attack has two new parameters: range and area. Range is a number (integer or .5) that determines from how far away you can use the attack. ranges:
0.5: any directly adjacent square (red)
1: any directly or diagonally adjacent square (orange)
1.5: Any square with a taxicab dist of 2 or less (yellow)
2: Any square with a distance of 1 from a directly adjacent square
2.5: Any square with a taxicab dist of 3 or less, plus those with 2 diagonal dist (yg)
3: Any square with a distance of 3 or less, except those with 3 diagonal dist or 2 diagonal and 1 taxicab dist (green)
3.5: Any square with a taxicab dist of 4 or less, plus any with a distance of 3 or less, plus those with 3 taxicab and 1 diagonal dist. (light blue)
4: Any tile (blue)
1684958565032.png

Area: Area has the same increments as range, but has 2 different types:
Burst: Everything within the point's equivalent range
Cone: Everything within a 90 degree cone, with a center at a point within range, facing away from the pokemon.

All moves and some pokemon are remade to be more balanced.
Example Move: Earthquake: Ground, physical
80bp, 100acc, 0 range, 1.5 burst area. Hits dig for double damage.

Example 2: Bullet punch: Steel, physical
40bp, 100acc, +1 priority, 2 range, contact

Comes in singles, doubles, 1v1v1v1 and 2v2, both singles and doubles. (1v1v1v1 and 2v2 are on a 8x8 board)

Attachments

Positionmons:
Mascot: :iron hands:
Mod Summary:

Mons battle on a 5x5 arena. Each turn, before attacking, they can move an amount equal to their speed/50, rounded towards closest (min 1). When a pokemon moves, if it moves out of range 1 with a pokemon, that pokemon may attack it outside of its normal attack. After that, they attack. Each attack has two new parameters: range and area. Range is a number (integer or .5) that determines from how far away you can use the attack. ranges:
0.5: any directly adjacent square (red)
1: any directly or diagonally adjacent square (orange)
1.5: Any square with a taxicab dist of 2 or less (yellow)
2: Any square with a distance of 1 from a directly adjacent square
2.5: Any square with a taxicab dist of 3 or less, plus those with 2 diagonal dist (yg)
3: Any square with a distance of 3 or less, except those with 3 diagonal dist or 2 diagonal and 1 taxicab dist (green)
3.5: Any square with a taxicab dist of 4 or less, plus any with a distance of 3 or less, plus those with 3 taxicab and 1 diagonal dist. (light blue)
4: Any tile (blue)
View attachment 518839
Area: Area has the same increments as range, but has 2 different types:
Burst: Everything within the point's equivalent range
Cone: Everything within a 90 degree cone, with a center at a point within range, facing away from the pokemon.

All moves and some pokemon are remade to be more balanced.
Example Move: Earthquake: Ground, physical
80bp, 100acc, 0 range, 1.5 burst area. Hits dig for double damage.

Example 2: Bullet punch: Steel, physical
40bp, 100acc, +1 priority, 2 range, contact

Comes in singles, doubles, 1v1v1v1 and 2v2, both singles and doubles. (1v1v1v1 and 2v2 are on a 8x8 board)
...are you gonna be able to code it / find someone able to code it? Seems kinda really hard to implement, tbh. Also having 4 formats (singles, doubles, 1v1v1v1 and 2v2) seems pretty excessive'.

Also, unless I am missing something isn't the best strategy just using the biggest range move on the fastest pokemon and always keeping the opponent far away and unable to hit you?

Also, how does 1v1v1v1 work? Is it 4 players?

I'm not gonna lie; the idea is kinda cool but I really don't see it ever getting implemented or even being that fun to begin with, to be honest. Being able to kite the enemy with fast and big ranged pokemon doesn't seem fun at all.

...are you gonna be able to code it / find someone able to code it? Seems kinda really hard to implement, tbh. Also having 4 formats (singles, doubles, 1v1v1v1 and 2v2) seems pretty excessive'.

Also, unless I am missing something isn't the best strategy just using the biggest range move on the fastest pokemon and always keeping the opponent far away and unable to hit you?

Also, how does 1v1v1v1 work? Is it 4 players?

I'm not gonna lie; the idea is kinda cool but I really don't see it ever getting implemented or even being that fun to begin with, to be honest. Being able to kite the enemy with fast and big ranged pokemon doesn't seem fun at all.
i think 1v1v1v1 would just be ffa...
hope that help

anyway...
i almost finished my project "REGIONAL DEX"

as i mentionned before it is some kind of metagame with only regional form,what the metagame is gonna look like...

shuckle,it have an extreme100/180/180 bulk,if it toxic/infest u and kill u with it it will become it's oversugared version which have an added 100atk and 100 speed it can also use corrosion sets...

then biddof normal/ghost wonder guard or is new ability which change he's stat with the adv stats knowing that it can have eviolite with a better defensive type... don't let him switch in against your shuckle

meltank will be good too, good as... gold because it is is ability, it have really decent bulk and atk and it's steel type make him able to kill shuckle

now the offensive ones

sharpness stab leaf blade from gallade mega is able to 0hko-2hko shuckle with amazing speed (123) and wall breaking potential, being double weak to u-turn might be a little problem but overall a really strong mon

mudsdale's drain punch make him feel alive draining all of the hp u lost in this atk... overall do pretty good dmges

finally ttar mega is a ravaging beast but might die without actually doing damages...

raticate can confuse u with 100% chance of hitting urself (for 1 turn), it might be hard to kill sometimes

now the starters:

pre-nerf protean...

greninja is a bulky pokemon that can change tipyng from steel/poison to grass / ground

decidueye is a pokemon that use 2 turn moves, soul heart can make it really dangerous

skeledirge have hustle..., it match his personnality

then finally my favourite :
scrafty with his ability gravity master he's cool but pretty easy to kill without gravity so just use priority

i think i talked about all the menaces in it

bye...

Also, what should I do if I want to make this playable (in Dragon Heaven for example)? I only really started doing this now.
Ok, so from what I know as of now, I would have to develop the Back to Square one Meta myself. I do have some programming skills, and I think my idea isn't too difficult to make work in practice. However, I don't really know from where I should start... at all. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Back To Square One
View attachment 518302
Mascot:
or

• Status conditions also work as normal (So no super OP Freeze and no Electric type getting Paralysed);
Competitive Overview:

Cloyster @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Blizzard
- Tera Blast
- Hydro Pump

/
/
/

Chansey @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Shadow Ball

Defog no longer removes hazards from your side of the field. Now the only ways to remove hazards are Rapid Spin (which now is 20bp and doesn't raise speed) Mortal Spin (Glimmora) and Tidy Up (Maushold). You can also play against hazards with Magic Bounce (Mega Diancie seems particularly good with Amnesia) and the always reliable Heavy Duty Boots.

/

Thats right, the Sitrus and HP pinch Berries are useless now, which only really affects Belly Drum, Shed Tail and Harvest users anyway, but still relevant enough to be mentioned.

• How should I handle moves like Blizzard which only have a 30% freeze chance in the japanese versions of RGB?
  • How should I handle moves introduced in Legends Arceus? Should they have their effects from gen 9 or similar effects to their original counterparts? (Like Stone Axe being partial trapping?)
This is a cool idea, I like it. There are even more noteworthy changes that should impact a metagame like this.

- Sleep Talk can successfully use Rest while sleeping. Will probably make a lot of Fatmons that don't learn a recovery move into a better option.

- Spikes would limited to 1 layer. Rapid Spin wouldn't boost speed.

- Struggle being a Normal type attack means that Ghost types can 1v1 Mons with no PP left on stall. This is a pretty obvious risk of endless battle

- Substitute no longer blocking most status moves, but blocking draining attacks, preventing Explosion self-KO in most circumstances, just generally being a bit strange as compared to modern Substitute.

- Present. Probably not metagame-relevant, but level 1 Delibird being able to OHKO Dragapult will be a thing.

- Roar and Whirlwind won't do anything.

- Rain Dance and Sunny Day (and Sandstorm) would be reset during weather, pretty relevant buff to weather based teams

- Speaking of weather, Drought, Drizzle, Snow Warning and Sand Stream would all become semi-permanent again.

- You'd need to decide how you're going to handle Hidden Power since Gen 2 only has 16 DV patterns per stat whereas Gen 3 and beyond has 32. That plus the patterns yielding different results for damage and type. Either way, Hidden Power could become a physical move depending on the type. Funky.

- Are you going to implement 99.4% accuracy cap on gen 1 moves? There's a handful of things that'll cause ambiguity like that for example

- Struggle being a Normal type attack means that Ghost types can 1v1 Mons with no PP left on stall. This is a pretty obvious risk of endless battle
Yeah, I'm gonna make a exception for Struggle. The gen 1 variant would result in endless battles more often than not due to the normal typing and reduced recoil.

- You'd need to decide how you're going to handle Hidden Power since Gen 2 only has 16 DV patterns per stat whereas Gen 3 and beyond has 32. That plus the patterns yielding different results for damage and type. Either way, Hidden Power could become a physical move depending on the type. Funky.
Since IV mechanics are not going to change, the patterns would be the same as the ones in gen 3. This is more of a technicality issue than anything else, so... can't do anything about it.

- Are you going to implement 99.4% accuracy cap on gen 1 moves? There's a handful of things that'll cause ambiguity like that for example
This is more of a glitch in the gen1 games than a actual atribute to the moves themselves, which means I'm not going to implement that. Besides, this is a solomod, meaning its much easier to decide how to tackle these ambiguities. Tho obviously I'll ask for opinions from community from time to time to help me out.

Howdy! This is my first time posting a metagame to one of these threads so if I mess up, my bad! I also apologize in advance as this is a very long post for this thread, but since this is an existing meta with history I feel the need to include that here, so I'm keeping it :P

Name of Mod: Do Not Use
Mascot:

This mod is a non-modded National Dex format. Instead of playing with the mechanics of the game or adjusting existing mods, this meta started as all Pokemon under 250 BST, banning overcentralizing threats and adding in new options. It started as a post on the Stunfisk subreddit, but we've grown into a pretty large community on Discord. This is a bit different from normal Solomods; but I wanted to get a Smogon thread up (have being thinking about it for months now, lol) and this was the best spot to put it; as NatDex is too restricted, it doesn't really fit OMs, and it's not slate-based like Petmods. A Discord link is included at the bottom of the post. In addition, this tier has a teambuilder and ladder in a custom server that is linked in the Discord server.

Functional changes:
Do Not Use (aka DNU) is an unofficial tier made up of the weakest Pokemon to ever exist. The initial allowed list was Luvdisc, Unown, Slakoth, and all Pokemon under 250 BST, which is... not a lot. The tier is NatDex because so many key "bad Pokemon" that we wanted were not in the Generation 8 dex, such as Luvdisc, Unown, and Zubat (all of which are viable picks by the way). 250 was chosen as the cap as there are several Pokemon at 250 BST that would be far too powerful in a tier as low power as this--raising the cap by one makes the tier look and play very different. Despite the limited pool of Pokemon, it plays more like OU or other standard tiers than, say, LC, as the tier is played at level 100 with full moveset access. Since the tier started in August 2022, we've tested several new Pokemon into the tier that were above the limit, had several rejects, ran a lot of tournaments, and even dabbled into having OMs of our own (DNU Doubles is in the late stages of a tournament, for example).

Thus, since there's only one functional change (capping BST, and then adding any mons that fit the tier), I'll use this subheader to give a list of tiering action to show the evolution of our meta:

Gen 8
08/19/22 Tier launch

08/20 Zigzagoon quickbanned

10/03 Beldum/Meltan/Swinub suspect test concluded. Swinub was unbanned, Beldum and Meltan stayed banned. Tynamo was also quick unbanned

10/30 Shedinja banned via suspect test (it sounds more broken than it actually was--it was broken, but the tier was absolutely playable with it and I'd argue it was mostly balanced for the first month but people (understandably and predictably) started breaking it through October)

Gen 9
12/17 Terastallization banned via suspect test. There was a separate compromise suspect that would have banned same-type Tera along with Tera Blast, as those were the two strongest aspects of full Tera, but even then it was still too strong, and thus was banned in full.

12/28 Applin and Dreepy quick-unbanned (both were considered largely unviable until recently, where Dreepy has seen a large increase in both usage and success)

01/03/23 Charcadet, Gulpin, Shinx unbanned via suspect test, Jigglypuff stayed banned

02/23/23 Cherubi, Hatenna, Litwick stay banned

03/15 Lechonk, Pidgey, Pidove quick-unbanned (bad, outclassed, and surprisingly good, respectively)

04/14 Wooloo unbanned via suspect test, Spinarak stays banned

04/25 Gulpin quick-banned

05/11 Ledyba, Smoliv stay banned

If you're curious about any of those, hit up the server and ask!

Summary of the mod:
Before August of 2022, "Use your favorites" folk were in very tough luck if their favorites were Luvdisc, Unown, or one of several Pokemon we have that are horrid in Little Cup. This tier was conceived as a place where the weakest of the weak can shine. 26 Pokemon were listed as B- tier or above as of the most recent VR, and that number has grown over time.

Competitive overview:
The meta is surprisingly complex for the limited pool of Pokemon, and any comprehensive summary would make an already way-too-long post even longer, but here are some basics.
Hazardstack is a very solid archetype due to this tier's subpar removal (A Defog from either Zubat or Pidove, and a Spin from Bounsweet or Rolycoly are the best methods). There are multiple Pokemon that can be dedicated to just setting hazards.

Wimpod is a fantastic hazard lead for Spikes HO due to a very fast speed, Spikes, and Taunt access. In addition, its ability, Wimp Out, works in its favor here as it gets momentum for its trainer. It's not a flawless Pokemon, as it can be exploitable, but it does a great job at getting hazards up.

Webs HO uses Tarountula to set up hazards and die. It also has access to Toxic Spikes, Spikes, and a very cool phasing move in Circle Throw. It needs a dedicated Webs team, but in the right hands can be very scary.

Wishpass is the tier's best showing of Bulky Offense and Balance, due to no Regenerators and a lack of defensive pivots in general. There are also a few key offensive Pokemon who LOVE the ability to receive a large heal from a Wishpasser. There are two categories:

Primary passers:

These two Pokemon have one major purpose on Wishpass teams: get in, get a Wish off, heal up if needed, eventually pass a heal to another Pokemon. Both are incredibly bulky, Cleffa specializing in special bulk and Togepi in physical, and provide other utility and even worthwhile damage output with Seismic Toss.

Secondary passers:

You could also add Pawmi into this category, but it's not good. Secondary passers can use Wish to support the team, but often bring other options for the team besides bulk. Luvdisc can use defensive sets to serve as a good passer ala the trio above, but it can also use Wish on offensive sets such as Life Orb. Using a Wish Luvdisc also means you can't use the very scary Specs, which is an opportunity cost you have to consider for fatter offensive teams. Pidove, on the other hand, brings hazard removal and a pivot move to a Wish user, which is incredible role compression.

Stall is in a bit of a down period right now (I will not pick any of the low-hanging fruit about that sentence), but it is still an archetype you have to build around. The pink blobs of above (Cleffa and Togepi) are staples, and there are a few other great options. Wish Luvdisc and support Zubat sets (bringing options such as Defog, Super Fang, and Taunt) are also common.

Happiny is great on stall as it counters any special attacker with ease, and mixed bulk sets do surprisingly well into a lot of physical attackers. Happiny is also notable as the only Pokemon in the tier with a base 100 HP. This is important as this means its Substitutes are 101 HP when fully invested, an important distinction when Seismic Toss is considered one of the best moves in the tier. It lacks reliable recovery, but Rest works well with Natural Cure involved.

Though strong on a lot of archetypes, Wooper-Paldea (affectionately called Pooper :wo:) has an important role on stall: it and its Johtonian brethren are the only hazard setters that have reliable recovery. This, combined with strong defensive typing for the tier and two great abilities in Unaware and Water Absorb, give it a great role as a physical wall who can support its team well.

Swinub is a very strong offensive threat due to currently-perfect coverage with its strong STABs. Ice Shard can pick off a lot of frailer targets, Freeze-Dry can be put on sets to beat Wooper, and you can even tech options like Superpower to hit Happiny. In addition, it punishes switches by having access to Stealth Rocks. Life Orb is the main item, but bulky Eviolite and even Choice items have seen success.

Maku is a very strong wallbreaker with access to its Guts sets. Facade and Knock Off dismantle pretty much all defensive threats, and it's very very hard to check it defensively. However, it struggles with staying alive and is very prone to being revenge killed. Sheer Force Life Orb and Belly Drum sets are also fringe viable but they require a lot of support.

Starly is a great wallbreaker and offensive pivot. If you've ever ran into Band Pheromosa, this is it. It's incredibly strong, it's very fast, and it's incredibly frail, especially when it takes 25% every switch in if Rocks are up. Despite its weaknesses, it's been a top tier since day 1 and it is notorious for farming players who don't know how to handle it. While Band sets reign supreme, there are some heat you can run with it such as a HDB pivot.

Nymble is a powerful threat, doing the same thing it does in LC and Lokix in higher tiers, throwing off Tinted Lens-boosted Bug type moves. Very few Pokemon in DNU can stand up to a Banded Nymble, but options like Life Orb have been popping up more due to increased flexibility.

Other big offensive threats include but are not limited to: LO Luvdisc, Specs Luvdisc, Guts Shinx, Scarf Zigzagoon-Galar, Setup Sweeper Zubat
S
:luvdisc: Luvdisc
:swinub: Swinub
:starly: Starly
S-
:togepi: Togepi
:zubat: Zubat
:cleffa: Cleffa
:wooper-paldea: Wooper-Paldea

A+
:makuhita: Makuhita
:nymble: Nymble
A
:wooper: Wooper
:zigzagoon-galar: Zigzagoon-Galar
A-
:happiny: Happiny
:wimpod: Wimpod
:pidove: Pidove
:shinx: Shinx
:rolycoly: Rolycoly
:lotad: Lotad

B+
:dreepy: Dreepy
B
:unown: Unown
:wooloo: Wooloo
:tyrogue: Tyrogue
:noibat: Noibat
:tarountula: Tarountula
B-
:ralts: Ralts
:charcadet: Charcadet
:bounsweet: Bounsweet

C+
:azurill: Azurill
:sentret: Sentret
C
:pawmi: Pawmi
:bunnelby: Bunnelby
:nickit: Nickit
:igglybuff: Igglybuff
:wiglett: Wiglett
:seedot: Seedot
C-
:lechonk: Lechonk
:poochyena: Poochyena
:whismur: Whismur

D
:pichu: Pichu
:snom: Snom
:blipbug: Blipbug
:pidgey: Pidgey

UR
:combee: Combee
:applin: Applin
:rookidee: Rookidee
:feebas: Feebas
:sunkern: Sunkern
:cosmog: Cosmog
:toxel: Toxel
:kakuna: Kakuna
:tynamo: Tynamo
:kricketot: Kricketot
:magikarp: Magikarp
:spewpa: Spewpa
:slakoth: Slakoth
:burmy: Burmy
:silcoon: Silcoon
:cascoon: Cascoon
:metapod: Metapod
:scatterbug: Scatterbug
:weedle: Weedle
:wurmple: Wurmple
:caterpie: Caterpie

This isn't every mon and archetype that's viable in the tier, but this is already WAY, WAY too long for a Solomod thread but I'm too passionate about this tier (clearly, lol) so this is structured more like an infodump than a Solomods post. Sorry forum mods. Let me know if I need to edit anything or if you have any questions, Discord link is below :woop:

Last edited:
ok so... viability ranking of my solomod idea nobody care about...

s tiers :

:bidoof:
:shuckle:
:melmetal:
:tyranitar: and :tyranitar-mega:
:gallade-mega:
a tier :

:decidueye:
:greninja:
:bibarel: (can't use eviolite)
:corviknight:
:watchog:
:aurorus:
:muk-alola:
:gholdengo:
:raticate:
:basculegion:

b tier (not the best but still can do things) :
:skeledirge:
:carbink:
:sableye: and :sableye-mega:
:gallade:
:simisear:, :simipour: and :simisage:
:tinkaton:
:scrafty:
:steelix:

Last edited:
Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
i did, in page two
basically it is a region of regional variants

here is the sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pOr_O87NLgZjZrYfWJADLl_ptWtpPrUFnSu0sTIPGVI/edit?usp=sharing
The presentation could use a lot of improvements, as it doesn’t look pretty with colors that are uneasy for the eyes, and some details like the Base Stats get obscured because you didn’t made your column wide enough.

You should try to make the colors pleasant to the eyes, making sure the columns are wide enough to give the information, and space out the Base Stats so that people have easier time to figure out. Something like in the one below.
1685709880274.png

If you want people to be interested in your Solomod, decent presentation will make a big difference, as a garish one will push them away.

The presentation could use a lot of improvements, as it doesn’t look pretty with colors that are uneasy for the eyes, and some details like the Base Stats get obscured because you didn’t made your column wide enough.

You should try to make the colors pleasant to the eyes, making sure the columns are wide enough to give the information, and space out the Base Stats so that people have easier time to figure out. Something like in the one below.

If you want people to be interested in your Solomod, decent presentation will make a big difference, as a garish one will push them away.
yes i know but:
1. i am working with 3 friends and those are just to say who have to finish which pokemon, i have a second calc in work that will look more like your exemple
2. we're should pm each other i think, our conversation alredy is 5 post long with no interruption

Name of Mod: Carmine Red
Mascot: :Parasect:
Link to Changes: Due to the sheer size of changes, I think is better to link the github page.
Base stats with typings
Lv up learnsets
TM Compatibility (for a more readable view, you can go here and search for whichever mon and get the TM learnset in a list, alongside with their stats/types
Moves (f you think a list that mentions only the differences, do tell me and I'll do my best to provide one.
And of course, the Type Matchup table

Summary of the Mod: This is a solomod of my Romhack "Pokemon Carmine Red". One broad summary would be, "Gen 1 but all the types have viable moves, bug type is buffed, the 'worse' types have now actual roles, and a myriad of buffs and changes to most of the pokemon". Worth mentioning that Ghost is now 'special' and Dragon is 'physical', and that sleep lasts 1 to 3 turns instead of 0 to 7 like in vanilla. In terms of what get X moves, for most cases, theyre based on what they got in later gens, slightly adapted to what was possible withing the romhack. Not everything is 1:1 tho

Competitive Overview: Due to the sheer massive of changes, is difficult to say what's OU material now, but by general rule, what was good before will still be good, and what was bad because of bad movepool alone is going to be likely much better. Some notable examples:
:Parasect: Due to being the mascot of the mod, has received an absurd amount of buffs. While still slow as always, its now granted massive bulk and no more double weakness, can crave some niches.
:Dragonite: Now with usable dual stab coming of its massive attack stat can actually do serius damage instead of APT shenaringas
:Clefable: with a brand new typing, better stats, recovery, and most of the toolkit it already had, it promises to be a menace
:Electrode: Now boasting the strongest explosion of the game due to new stab and an ounce of coverage, can pose a threat
:aerodactyl: Another good mon that has been granted stab
:pinsir: :scyther: :venomoth: Since Bug type now resist psychic, and there being strong bug moves, they're ready to commit war crimes against psychic types.
:Kingler: all I'll say is: Kingler Guillotine vs. Mewtwo: 362-426 (87.2 - 102.6%) -- 17.9% chance to OHKO
And some mentions of OU mons:
:Starmie: Now has boltbeam stab. Figure things out
:Jynx: Now has the special of vanilla Alakazam, and lovely kiss has better accuracy.
:Tauros: sadly, loses blizzard and a bit of special, but gains extra speed and attack, and a buffed twinnedle
:Gengar: Loses some special, but in return becomes a pure ghost speed demon. Literally the third fastest mon in the game.
:Golem: and :Rhydon: their roles are now clearly split appart. Golem becomes pure rock and bulkier, and it almost turned into garganacl before garganacl existed, but didnt ended up with recover. Rhydon lost some bulk but became faster.
Ice punch: This move inherits JP Blizzard's 30% freeze chance. Freeze clause is still implemented, but if the move needs to be banned, it will be. Is only on 4 fully evolved pokemon, but I can understand being problematic in competitive.

Most of the code is already done, currently only left is to test that some specific moves have been coded properly, and the process of forking it to DH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)