Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

edit: oh wait. this is where an IV calculator would be essential i suppose. safe to assume genderless scouting is only possible with IV calculators then? i've never used one (new to the scene) but i'm sure it's intuitive enough.
Pretty much. You'd need to use an IV calculator to compare the IVs of the Ditto and the offspring. I've always found Metalkid's one fairly handy.

edit: Thinking about it, once you know the IVs of the Ditto, you could plug them into the stat calculator on Metalkid's site and find out what the stats of a lvl 50 Magnemite with those IVs would be. That might be a bit more involved but you could then work out the inheritance directly from the in battle stats screen, as with Magikarps.

I just read a couple pages here and sorry if it was mentioned anywhere here but it would be great if someone posted a list of the best test parent for each gender ratio and/or egg group to cross breed? Maybe?
Cheers

Pretty much. You'd need to use an IV calculator to compare the IVs of the Ditto and the offspring. I've always found Metalkid's one fairly handy.

edit: Thinking about it, once you know the IVs of the Ditto, you could plug them into the stat calculator on Metalkid's site and find out what the stats of a lvl 50 Magnemite with those IVs would be. That might be a bit more involved but you could then work out the inheritance directly from the in battle stats screen, as with Magikarps.
GENIUS! Thanks!

I don't have a Bunnelby safari either. It's just as hard to obtain. Also it probably won't have less egg cycles than Marill. The "2 abilities" thing doesn't matter because of Ability Capsule.
Just saying it would be easier to obtain because no one is really breeding Sap Sipper Marills, and many people are breeding Bunnelby, so it would be easier just to trade for one and go from there trying to get a 6IV one

I just realized that this can provide a definitive answer for the oft-asked question, Is the Masuda Method based on the language played ingame, or the region of the game cart itself?

After hatching a Masuda shiny using the rng method, reset and swap the parents for two pokemon of different languages but same region. If the pokemon is no longer shiny, the Masuda method is based on region. If the pokemon remains shiny, reset and swap the parents for two local pokemon. If the pokemon is no longer shiny, then the Masuda method is based on language.

You can be sure that I'll be trying this out if I ever hatch a shiny (I wish). In the meantime, if anyone else does hatch a shiny, make sure to test this out.

is it just me or this egg rng works only for breeding 5x?

i got the test magikarp with F/M/M/M/F/M from its parent and its a male.

my aim is to get a flawless male gible to be a parent.

so i swap with male gible and female garchomp hoping to get a flawless one.
i hatch the egg and in result, i got everything except for spD.
the female has a perfect spD tho.

male - Hp/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
female - Hp/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

im suppose to have a flawless one referring to the test magikarp's IV spread.

the question is, where did i go wrong? please enlighten me.

I have a question, just tried this method using

Marill: HP/ATK/x/x/SpD/S
Ditto: x/x/D/SpA/x/x

So I got an offspring, only having 2 max IVs passed down. I substituted the parents (HP/A/D/x/SpD/S + HP/A/x/SpA/x/S) into what could possibly by the best passing down mechanic but the offspring was still 4IVs because of the randomized stat. Is there no way except to SR once you realize the combi you wanted is wrong?

hellisforyou: Even using a Destiny Knot you can only pass down five IVs. Based on what you've said it looks like your inheritance is F/M/M/M/x/M where x is the sixth and random stat.

thefilght: As long as you haven't saved before you realise the combination was wrong, you should be able to reset. If you have saved since accepting the egg, I don't know of any way to roll it back. Hopefully it won't take long to reroll for another suitable inheritance.

So I guess the rationale of using a full 31 pokemon and a full 0 pokemon would be to check which stat is the randomized wan?

So I guess the rationale of using a full 31 pokemon and a full 0 pokemon would be to check which stat is the randomized wan?
You can keep a bunch of test Magikarps for different kinds of testing.

1. At first you want to breed with a perfect and a perfectly imperfect parent. That way you will be able to determine the inheritance in almost any case - expect when the random stat is either 31 or 0.
2. If your random stat is 31 or 0, perform the check with two parents who do not have any perfect stats. That way you find out which stat is the random stat.
3. If your random stat is 0, skip this spread unless it is on the undesired stat or on speed which, we think, you should capitalize on. Otherwise perform the check with a perfect parent and one without perfect stats.

We think that way you do not leave anything out. Of course, when one do not have access to straight 0/0 parents, it is still possible to find out the inheritance with a perfect parent and a regular imperfect one, but only after you have found the wild stat.

You can keep a bunch of test Magikarps for different kinds of testing.

1. At first you want to breed with a perfect and a perfectly imperfect parent. That way you will be able to determine the inheritance in almost any case - expect when the random stat is either 31 or 0.
2. If your random stat is 31 or 0, perform the check with two parents who do not have any perfect stats. That way you find out which stat is the random stat.
3. If your random stat is 0, skip this spread unless it is on the undesired stat or on speed which, we think, you should capitalize on. Otherwise perform the check with a perfect parent and one without perfect stats.

We think that way you do not leave anything out. Of course, when one do not have access to straight 0/0 parents, it is still possible to find out the inheritance with a perfect parent and a regular imperfect one, but only after you have found the wild stat.
Sounds good! Which means I gotta start gettiing a 0 IV Magikarp and 6IV Magikarp >< o gosh...insanely long process I figure

Sounds good! Which means I gotta start gettiing a 0 IV Magikarp and 6IV Magikarp >< o gosh...insanely long process I figure
Having a 0/0 Magikarp is optimal, but not necessary. The everyman's method just requires more iterations:

Normally, pair two 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarps; should be easy enough. That way you can determine the random stat expect when it is perfect. Two perfect Magikarps are much better, but is a bit more difficult to obtain.
If you inist on perfect stats, pair two imperfect parents and continue with the spread that has a perfect stat (which then is the wild stat).

Then when you know which one is random, you need to make a seperate step in order to determine the inheritances. Pair a perfect parant with a imperfect one. If the perfect parent is only almost perfect, check it a third time with a parent with the perfect stat your almost perfect parent does not have.

Having a 0/0 Magikarp is optimal, but not necessary. The everyman's method just requires more iterations:

Normally, pair two 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarps; should be easy enough. That way you can determine the random stat expect when it is perfect. Two perfect Magikarps are much better, but is a bit more difficult to obtain.
If you inist on perfect stats, pair two imperfect parents and continue with the spread that has a perfect stat (which then is the wild stat).

Then when you know which one is random, you need to make a seperate step in order to determine the inheritances. Pair a perfect parant with a imperfect one. If the perfect parent is only almost perfect, check it a third time with a parent with the perfect stat your almost perfect parent does not have.
Ahh! thanks for ur help! I actually do have a pair of 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarps. So...in that sense, I would safely removed SpA out of the picture? I wouldn't know which parent passes down the SpA stat is that right? But what I do know would be if any other stat gets randomised (then that would mean SpA is passed down and I just have to get 2 parents with SpA both at 31 to ensure an offspring with 31 IVs in SpA) Am I right to say this?

What you mean by "perfect stats" is referring to 6IVs? I dont understand the part where you mentioned "pair with 2 imperfect parents and contiue with a spread that has a perfect stat" ><

and by the way, I think by breeding the Marill with Huge Power and the ditto, I had a good number of Shroomish in the subsequent breeding sessions that did not get any Hidden Ability passed down, to my horror. Im not sure if there is any correlation because I had about 10 subsequent eggs WITHOUT HA, when previously, my Shroomish Female almost always passed down the HA.

Ahh! thanks for ur help! I actually do have a pair of 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarps. So...in that sense, I would safely removed SpA out of the picture? I wouldn't know which parent passes down the SpA stat is that right? But what I do know would be if any other stat gets randomised (then that would mean SpA is passed down and I just have to get 2 parents with SpA both at 31 to ensure an offspring with 31 IVs in SpA) Am I right to say this?
You won't know which parents pass down the stats before the next step. This one is only to find out the random stat. If all of your stats expect for SAtk turned out to be flawless, then you know that SAtk is the random one; if for example both Atk and SAtk aren't flawless then it is certain that Atk is the random stat.

What you mean by "perfect stats" is referring to 6IVs? I dont understand the part where you mentioned "pair with 2 imperfect parents and contiue with a spread that has a perfect stat" ><
The guys here have no standartised vocabulary, so we are only referring to straight flawless pokemon as 'perfect'. Pokemon with five perfect stats are usually referred to as penta-flawless. In order to generate a 'perfect' Pokemon, it is advised to do the check with Pokemon with imperfect stats across the board so that you can spot the random but perfect stat right away.

and by the way, I think by breeding the Marill with Huge Power and the ditto, I had a good number of Shroomish in the subsequent breeding sessions that did not get any Hidden Ability passed down, to my horror. Im not sure if there is any correlation because I had about 10 subsequent eggs WITHOUT HA, when previously, my Shroomish Female almost always passed down the HA.
Nah, nothing unusual here. It can or cannot be a HA.

We think that Female HA and Ditto does not work.

You won't know which parents pass down the stats before the next step. This one is only to find out the random stat. If all of your stats expect for SAtk turned out to be flawless, then you know that SAtk is the random one; if for example both Atk and SAtk aren't flawless then it is certain that Atk is the random stat.

The guys here have no standartised vocabulary, so we are only referring to straight flawless pokemon as 'perfect'. Pokemon with five perfect stats are usually referred to as penta-flawless. In order to generate a 'perfect' Pokemon, it is advised to do the check with Pokemon with imperfect stats across the board so that you can spot the random but perfect stat right away.

Nah, nothing unusual here. It can or cannot be a HA.
We think that Female HA and Ditto does not work.
Alright! I understand now :D THANK YOU!

Hi. I am experiencing some problems using this method. Initially, this method worked out fine for me. However, after repeating this for some time, the child does not have the IVs that I expected.
For example,
using the Magikarp test parents, I found out that the stats passed down are
M/F/F/x/M/F
So I swapped the parents out and used
M: 31/31/31/x/31/31/
F: x/31/31/x/31/31,
but the result I get was only
x/31/31/x/31/31
Can anyone enlighten me on what I may have possibly done wrong?
Thanks!

When does the egg's random IV value get locked? Not which stat it is, but the value of that stat. Is it locked when I receive the egg? Just asking so I know when to reset. I basically have a quint flawless and am trying to gun for a 6th perfect stat. Just wondering when I should save, should it be after dumping my parents into the daycare or will after receiving the egg be alright?

Hi. I am experiencing some problems using this method. Initially, this method worked out fine for me. However, after repeating this for some time, the child does not have the IVs that I expected.
For example,
M/F/F/x/M/F
x/31/31/x/31/31
Thanks!
Which pokemon did you swap out the magikarps for? Do they have a 50/50 gender ratio as well?

Last edited:
When does the egg's random IV value get locked? Not which stat it is, but the value of that stat. Is it locked when I receive the egg? Just asking so I know when to reset. I basically have a quint flawless and am trying to gun for a 6th perfect stat. Just wondering when I should save, should it be after dumping my parents into the daycare or will after receiving the egg be alright?

Which pokemon did you swap out the magikarps for? Do they have a 50/50 gender ratio as well?
Yea. I used Honedge in place of Magikarp.

For example,
M/F/F/x/M/F
x/31/31/x/31/31
Thanks!
Do you have the exact IV spread of the test parents + baby? If you completely ignored sp atk., it's possible the random stat is HP (and happened to be the same as the male magikarp's), and the sp atk. was inherited. This would also mean the HP IV in the new baby would be the same as the male magikarp.

Do you have the exact IV spread of the test parents + baby? If you completely ignored sp atk., it's possible the random stat is HP (and happened to be the same as the male magikarp's), and the sp atk. was inherited. This would also mean the HP IV in the new baby would be the same as the male magikarp.
I ignored Sp. ATK because the value was different from both the Male and Female. If the value is completely different, shouldn't Sp. ATK be the random stat instead?

I ignored Sp. ATK because the value was different from both the Male and Female. If the value is completely different, shouldn't Sp. ATK be the random stat instead?
Yes. Can you double check (as in rehatch the test karp) and provide full info on the IVs and natures of the parents and baby? Oh but before that double check the honedge parents at the Kiloude checker, I've messed up my markings before.

Yes. Can you double check (as in rehatch the test karp) and provide full info on the IVs and natures of the parents and baby? Oh but before that double check the honedge parents at the Kiloude checker, I've messed up my markings before.
Nature of Magikarps - Quirky and Hardy, so that it doesn't affect the stats.
IVs of Magikarp (Male) - 8/2/14/29/5/10
IVs of Magikarp (Female) - 22/25/0/14/15/19
Since the IVs are so far apart, I was sure that the IVs would not overlap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)