SPL X - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to return the VERY appreciated favor of helping us lazy managers out with your playerbase reports, I've decided I would give you a firsthand managers report. I've compiled an unbiased and factually accurate report on all 9 other manager duos, so that you the player will better know who to PM before the draft! Merry X-Mas everyone!

If you get lucky you might catch the head manager during his 5 hours per week of activity when its 3 AM your time. Skip.

No memes for this one. Skip.

Rumor has it this team's discord will have more tourbanned users in it than team Germany did in 2016. Skip.

Ever been to a grandparent's house and noticed that "old-person smell"? That's what the team discord smells like. Skip.

Eyewitness accounts suggest Stone may be missing the first few weeks for his honeymoon... or just to ladder DPP while his wife watches. Skip.

PM Ojama if you are interested in being a Scooter. The managers are too busy playing Pokemon GO to plan. Skip.

M Dragon has been rumored to give tryouts to all those daring enough to PM him. It may just apply to Spainards with a 2018 join date, though. PM him for confirmation. No skip.

I guess if you're a weeb this might be the place for you? Sane people you know what to do; Skip.

Ol' TwistYourArmFlygon and col49. I've heard they are too busy immersing themselves in Greek culture to answer PMs. Skip.

Good luck to those who may need it!

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Last alphabetically and definitely last in nickname choices, I'll try not to talk too highly about myself but here goes:
I think I'm one of the better picks going for an RBY slot going into this tournament. God only knows the amount of junk builds that I've come up with, but that's something every RBYer does - every RBY player slams together a quick Machamp build and tries to see if they can win a game or two by some miracle at some point of their career. The difference between me and the rest of the RBY field is that I can build functional junk. When I unleashed Big Bad Vic on SPL9 last year I kickstarted a meta trend that saw him slowly rising up from meme tier to Jolteon/Slowbro tier in the more recent tournaments. Cloyster and Gengar are also picks that I like to think were popularized after I started throwing around some builds with them and showing that they can take games at the highest stages. I'm obviously not inventing anything new as RBY is literally older than me, but I do think I can be credited with kickstarting a few of the recent meta shifts, and I do believe that the number one reason for my RBY success in tournaments such as the Invitational is my ability to stay one step ahead of the metagame. I'm obviously going to be keeping my secrets and not revealing my modus operandi pre tournament so I suppose I'll have to stop at that. I'll just say there is a red to defend and people will only be taking it over the dead body of RBY Invitational Winner Without Dropping A Set, The Idiot Ninja (Please Suggest A Good Name Change. Thanks.).

OH and I can test DOU with our DOUer. No one else in this list can do that
(except Nails, fuck. i hate nails)

A quality piece of self fellatio right here if ever I saw one.

k5pzjXF.gif

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I think I'm one of the better picks going for a BW slot going into this tournament. God only knows the amount of junk builds that I've come up with, but that's something every BWer does - every BW player slams together a quick Celebi build and tries to see if they can win a game or two by some miracle at some point of their career. The difference between me and the rest of the BW field is that I can build functional junk. When I unleashed Tyranitar + Alomomola on SPL9 last year I kickstarted a meta trend that saw them slowly rising up from meme tier to Specs Latios tier in the more recent tournaments. Latias and Scarf Gyarados are also picks that I like to think were popularized after I started throwing around some builds with them and showing that they can take games at the highest stages. I'm obviously not inventing anything new as BW is literally older than me, but I do think I can be credited with kickstarting a few of the recent meta shifts, and I do believe that the number one reason for my BW success in tournaments such as the BW Cup is my ability to stay one step ahead of the metagame. I'm obviously going to be keeping my secrets and not revealing my modus operandi pre tournament so I suppose I'll have to stop at that. I'll just say there is a pink to defend and people will only be taking it over the dead body of BW Cup 4 winner without dropping A Game, Sweet Fucking Pancho Posho (Please Suggest A Good Name Change. Thanks kuk.).

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Damn some of you dudes have sucked more dick circlejerking on this websitethan the entire Kardashian family and ur trying clown a man who’s actually good just trying to get some publicity. Lol.
implying that RBY Invitational Winner Without Dropping A Set, The Idiot Ninja (Please Suggest A Good Name Change. Thanks.). even needs publicity lol

(if you don't understand that I play myself up disproportionately on purpose for funsies you haven't been around me for long enough. everyone's had a good laugh at this sequence of comments either way so id say my job is done)

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All of these lists are pretty well done and I must say Doubles is lacking in terms of commitment to the helping of managers in finding just who to hell to draft, so tonight I am here to bring some prospects to light not only with the talent they bring to battling but also to the commitment they will give your team.

To start my list I offer you the user known as n1n1 - Creeping up in age in terms of doubles player n1n1 is like a fine wine that only gets better with age. A premier player of the tier and a user who knows all the ins and outs of the tier and all of the players in it. He's a self proclaimed DPL king and so committed to Pokemon that he even offered to pay teal $100 to take Val's spot last year when his dumb ass got banned. Pokemon playing ability aside he also has the rhymes to back up his amazing play as illustrated in this post from a couple years ago

The second hidden gem I offer you is exactly that, hidden. If you can find the alt he's signed up with and we all know he has, Yan Sogeking is easily a top player in the Doubles pool. As we all know Soge is a BW player known for showing off his dong to whoever didn't want to see it, but a little known fact about him is that he's also one of the best VGC players in the world and one of the best to ever log in to smogon.com. The skill he demonstrates in battle is unmatched and although he doesn't build his own teams, his constant pestering of other people will be sure to land him a good one each week. Drafting soge comes with the risk of him getting instantly banned due to his perma banned status on Smogon, however.

The 3rd and final draft pick I can give you is any player who's good friends with Pwnemon. Although Pwnemon is also perma banned from the Smogon Community, if you manage to pull the right strings and find the right person you could also have Pwnemon in your discord giving turn by turn orders to which ever player you trust enough to not go to the TDs and get himself banned. Pwnemon in his own right is a good player and will be sure your ghosting slot doesn't bring a bad team or makes too many misplays each week and will also be dedicated in helping the rest of the team in whichever tier he can.

also nails is probably a decent pick since he can actually help with a fair amount of singles tiers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)